Milani Lipstick (all shades)

Milani Lipstick (all shades)

4.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've recently become more of a lipstick wearer and these are good. Most impressed with the texture, not dry or cakey, and good lasting power. I enjoy the watermelon smell it's not too overpowering.

just received my milani lipstick shade 60 innocence, really dont like it as it is not a well sitting lipstick and is more orange based than nude/pink based.
love the packaging though

To Read all 77 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/29/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Enchanted Amethyst Matte is supposedly a dupe for MAC Riri Boy. Since I never owned it, I can't compare. Enchanted Amethyst Matte is a lavender violet that is unique and pretty, not vampy. When people see it, the compliment is usually, "Oh that is so cute or pretty!" Not, "Wow, that is sexy or hot!" Even though it is matte, I wouldn't say it's a matte because of how it feels. I would call it a plush feeling, velvety matte. With purple lippies, the more layers that you apply, the darker the color gets. This doesn't. It becomes more vibrant, rich, and soothing the more you apply. A light application (one or two swipes or layers) makes it conservative enough for work. With more layers and lipliner, it is perfect for a night out. I'm not a backup purchaser, but if I were to ever see this color again, I would definitely repurchase. Kinda bummed that it's LE and that Milani, in general, is hard to find.

on 11/19/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've fallen in love. I got Naturally Chic quickly followed by Uptown Mauve, and now I want just about every other shade as well. It goes on the lip wonderfully smooth, doesn't make my lips looking dry (quite the opposite actually, I find it almost erases some lines and dryness if I have any) and keeps my lips fairy moisturized without it being the kind of lipstick that just slide around on the lips. The staying power is generally good, but mostly I'm impressed with how well it stays put, as in it doesn't easily smudge. I don't mind topping up my lipstick every now and then, but I do mind having to worry about my lipstick smuding and looking horrible as soon as I take one bite out of my food. With these I don't have to. It has a subtle watermelon smell/scent, which initially I found a bit weird (make me think of novelty-ish makeup I had as a kid) but quickly got used to.

As the brand is kind of hard to get your hands on in Sweden, they're slightly more expensive here, but still a very reasonable price. (Guess who's gonna stack up on these when I next go to London..?)

The gold packaging I must admit I'm a sucker for. I just love how they stand out against my other sleek-but-rather-boring-in-comparison black lipsticks cases.

on 7/3/2015 5:30:00 PM

BLACK HONEY. For those who have been around long enough, you will know Clinique's Black Honey was all the rage in the 90s!

I am very happy that the Milani brand was created to be a "European" brand made available in the US at a drugstore price.

The product itself - smells like watermelon if you ask me. Applies well - there's no feather, somewhat moisturizing (enough that I don't need to apply with lip balm), well-pigmented as well.

However, when I do apply lip balm and then the lipstick the staying power shortens significantly. Otherwise, I find that the colour will stay on my lips at least for half the day - from morning to lunch time, so I only need to reapply after lunch.

My only downside? It's a pretty gold package, that stupid sticker that leaves a sticky mark really takes away from it. If the brand could provide samples and have cellophane so that when unwrapped, it's a beautiful gold stick, I'm all for it!

Note, the black honey isn't BLACK, if you "dot" or feather brush it on your lip, it's a nice deep wine colour. I love that colour, and I think it looks like your lips are nicely wine-stained.

Definitely would recommend to buy this brand of lipsticks.

I love this lipstick. I find that I reach for Milani more than I do my revlon, and that's saying something. The most obvious thing that people will notice about this lipstick is the scent. Much like candy-something and very obvious. I personally like it but I could understand how it could bother someone since it is very strong. The staying power is good too. It doesn't budge once applied. It lasts about 4 hours on me and I find that even after the lipstick is gone it leaves a nice stain. Again I don't find this too much of an inconvenience as the stain the lipstick leaves is a nice shade. The lipsticks can be a little drying though, but that's pretty easily remedied by some Chapstick. The packaging is nice: gold and shiny with a good representation of the color on the bottom. The gold does have a tendency to chip away if you put it in your purse or travel with it which is a bummer. As far as the colors go they're great. I've gotten so many complements while sporting Milani lipsticks. My personal favorite is chilled brandy. It's my everyday color in the fall. The colors are highly pigmented for the price and come in a good variety. Overall a good lipstick.

I am fair skinned with blonde hair and I have been complimented EVERY single time I wear Uptown Mauve. Ive had strangers even stop me. This is a lovely shade and I would def buy other colors. The formula is matte which keeps it on all day and through meals. Doesnt end up under your lips etc. Buy this asap!!

on 7/23/2014 2:58:00 PM

This review is for the shades Pretty Natural(43) and Best Red(07). The first thing you notice about these lipsticks is the packaging is very pretty. My only complaint is that the perforated seal tears very easily along the cap line, which makes them pretty easy for people to tamper with in the stores. For something I'm going to be putting on my mouth, I want it to be securely sealed. The tube is sturdy and a beautiful mirror gold. Very luxe looking and similar in shape/design to the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks.

The second thing you may notice is the cloyingly sweet, Jolly Rancher'esque watermelon scent. Some hate this, I don't mind it. It goes away after you apply it. I'd rather taste/smell watermelon than the horrible Calgon meets bouquet of roses scent/taste of Maybelline Color Elixirs, but I digress. If you can get past the artificial candy watermelon smell, you'll be impressed with these two colors.

Pretty Natural is a creamy mauve shade. It wears well with many makeup looks. Best Red is a very true, blueish undertone red, which I like since many reds have a more coral undertone to them. Pretty Natural, on me, has more staying power than Best Red. I've drank water and coffee and eaten and had Pretty Natural last a few hours. Best Red? Not so much. The one redeeming quality is that Milani's red lipstick doesn't seem to feather around the edges of the lips the way some other brand's do.

These feel very comfortable on the lips. Not too sticky, heavy, or waxy; however, like most drugstore brand lipsticks, these tend to be a little drying, so expect some flakly lipstick patches if you don't reapply lip gloss or some sort of balm over it every so often.

All in all it's a great drugstore brand lipstick with a huge range of colors. And they're less expensive than the L'Oreal Colour Riche.

on 7/22/2014 6:51:00 PM

I cannot believe that I have been sleeping on these lipsticks. Where have they been my whole life?! Milani is a bit more difficult to find here in Ottawa, ON, CA and I came across it at my lawblaws (not where I usually look for makeup). As soon as I saw it I started testing all the colours. Each one is so pigmented and beautiful. They were only $6.99 and I was going to head to Mac to buy a new lipstick this week so I treated myself to two Milani lipsticks, which is still cheaper than one Mac (Mac lipstick is worth the price tag). I bought Sweet Nectar, which is a bright orange but goes so well with my freckles and Flamingo Pose, Flamingo describes the colour perfectly. I was so impressed with the formula. My lips are very sensitive so I find it hard to find a formula that works with my lips but these lipsticks melt right into your lips. The packaging is another win for me. I love anything gold and I feel so posh putting this on. I am always excited to put my lipstick on in the morning and I was too impatient and realized after I put it on that I had forgotten to brush my teeth. Well most of the lipstick was still on after and only required a touchup. They stay in place. I cannot wait to buy more. I have a list of the ones I need. I think Plumrose and Uptown Mauve are next.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I purchased the Nude & the Sangria & I don't like either. I don't care for the jolly rancher watermelon smell that never goes away (I'm scent sensitive) & I don't like the pulling feel of these as they go on. Full of color, but the Sangria goes on patchy. They are not moisturizing & are on the dryer side especially the Sangria. Overall, I don't like them & wont be buying more. The Nude is a true nude no pink or peach to it & it didn't make me look dead, lol and the Sangria is a Pink/purple which is very pretty, but also very dramatic. They both lasted a long time on my lips which is also how I know that the watermelon scent never ends. :) These are presently in a bag of things for a friend to try & see if she likes.