Milani Lipstick (all shades)

Milani Lipstick (all shades)

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 5/25/2017 11:56:00 AM

picked this up after reading all the recommends - wow!! the rose femme is my mlbb shade. got the velvet merlot too which is pretty bright. i do like to wear a bold lip when i wear my glasses and this definitely fit the bill. can't wait to try out more colors. this has good staying power (not as good as a lipstick, better than a gloss) , goes on easily and has no offensive odor. price is decent as well. go get some!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honestly these are the best lipsticks I've ever tried. I own Matte Naked, Creme Nude and Matte Darling. The mattes are a masterpiece of a formula - they go on so smooth and never look or feel heavy, it feels like nothing on the lips! They don't transfer or move around at all and they wear for like 4 hours. They are everything I like about a liquid lip formula but without drying out my lips or being uncomfortable and chalky. These smell like muted chocolate (think too faced) which I like. I wish they had more colours of this because I want to add more to my collection but I don't need another orange, red or deep dark purple. Their creme formula is also great, much more moisturizing, and sometimes needs to be blotted to look flawless and not heavy. They have a fabulous colour range in this formula and I'll be picking up more of these soon. The cremes also smell (and taste) like watermelon jolly ranchers which is awesome.

EDIT: Added Matte Confident (beautiful not-too-deep-nor-bright red), Matte Innocence, Teddy Bare, Naturally Chic, and Bahama Beige to my collection. They're practically all I wear!

on 3/2/2017 1:15:00 AM

I am in love with Milani lipstick.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought 4 of these and will return all but one. I liked Bronze Beauty, very metallic, very "on trend", nice pigmentation. I love the Watermelon smell even though I am sensitive to scents. It is not overpowering. It reminds me of the smell of another bunch of lipsticks I used to own in high school, cannot remember what they were though.

It's important to note that the matte colors do not have a watermelon scent, they have a vanilla "playdough" smell that is similar to the black tubes of Rimmel lipstick. The 3 colors I didn't like were 2 mattes and 1 regular. The regular was Bahama Beige (looked like I was putting colored water on, no texture, no pigment), Matte Blissful (way too blue-based for me but even if it weren't it is very cakey and patchy, Wet'n'Wild's Megalast lipstick in "Dollhouse" is a much prettier much better formula with a similar shade), and Matte Naked (formula was OK but the color was just not pigmented or pretty. I think it would wash out 90% of people but it wasn't horrible, just not worth the price point especially when Rimmel does nudes better).

I probably won't buy any other colors since I'm 1/4 but I do like the one shade I'm keeping.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've recently become more of a lipstick wearer and these are good. Most impressed with the texture, not dry or cakey, and good lasting power. I enjoy the watermelon smell it's not too overpowering.

just received my milani lipstick shade 60 innocence, really dont like it as it is not a well sitting lipstick and is more orange based than nude/pink based.
love the packaging though

on 11/29/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Enchanted Amethyst Matte is supposedly a dupe for MAC Riri Boy. Since I never owned it, I can't compare. Enchanted Amethyst Matte is a lavender violet that is unique and pretty, not vampy. When people see it, the compliment is usually, "Oh that is so cute or pretty!" Not, "Wow, that is sexy or hot!" Even though it is matte, I wouldn't say it's a matte because of how it feels. I would call it a plush feeling, velvety matte. With purple lippies, the more layers that you apply, the darker the color gets. This doesn't. It becomes more vibrant, rich, and soothing the more you apply. A light application (one or two swipes or layers) makes it conservative enough for work. With more layers and lipliner, it is perfect for a night out. I'm not a backup purchaser, but if I were to ever see this color again, I would definitely repurchase. Kinda bummed that it's LE and that Milani, in general, is hard to find.

on 11/19/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've fallen in love. I got Naturally Chic quickly followed by Uptown Mauve, and now I want just about every other shade as well. It goes on the lip wonderfully smooth, doesn't make my lips looking dry (quite the opposite actually, I find it almost erases some lines and dryness if I have any) and keeps my lips fairy moisturized without it being the kind of lipstick that just slide around on the lips. The staying power is generally good, but mostly I'm impressed with how well it stays put, as in it doesn't easily smudge. I don't mind topping up my lipstick every now and then, but I do mind having to worry about my lipstick smuding and looking horrible as soon as I take one bite out of my food. With these I don't have to. It has a subtle watermelon smell/scent, which initially I found a bit weird (make me think of novelty-ish makeup I had as a kid) but quickly got used to.

As the brand is kind of hard to get your hands on in Sweden, they're slightly more expensive here, but still a very reasonable price. (Guess who's gonna stack up on these when I next go to London..?)

The gold packaging I must admit I'm a sucker for. I just love how they stand out against my other sleek-but-rather-boring-in-comparison black lipsticks cases.

on 7/3/2015 5:30:00 PM

BLACK HONEY. For those who have been around long enough, you will know Clinique's Black Honey was all the rage in the 90s!

I am very happy that the Milani brand was created to be a "European" brand made available in the US at a drugstore price.

The product itself - smells like watermelon if you ask me. Applies well - there's no feather, somewhat moisturizing (enough that I don't need to apply with lip balm), well-pigmented as well.

However, when I do apply lip balm and then the lipstick the staying power shortens significantly. Otherwise, I find that the colour will stay on my lips at least for half the day - from morning to lunch time, so I only need to reapply after lunch.

My only downside? It's a pretty gold package, that stupid sticker that leaves a sticky mark really takes away from it. If the brand could provide samples and have cellophane so that when unwrapped, it's a beautiful gold stick, I'm all for it!

Note, the black honey isn't BLACK, if you "dot" or feather brush it on your lip, it's a nice deep wine colour. I love that colour, and I think it looks like your lips are nicely wine-stained.

Definitely would recommend to buy this brand of lipsticks.

I love this lipstick. I find that I reach for Milani more than I do my revlon, and that's saying something. The most obvious thing that people will notice about this lipstick is the scent. Much like candy-something and very obvious. I personally like it but I could understand how it could bother someone since it is very strong. The staying power is good too. It doesn't budge once applied. It lasts about 4 hours on me and I find that even after the lipstick is gone it leaves a nice stain. Again I don't find this too much of an inconvenience as the stain the lipstick leaves is a nice shade. The lipsticks can be a little drying though, but that's pretty easily remedied by some Chapstick. The packaging is nice: gold and shiny with a good representation of the color on the bottom. The gold does have a tendency to chip away if you put it in your purse or travel with it which is a bummer. As far as the colors go they're great. I've gotten so many complements while sporting Milani lipsticks. My personal favorite is chilled brandy. It's my everyday color in the fall. The colors are highly pigmented for the price and come in a good variety. Overall a good lipstick.