4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I have bought this deep conditioning mask since 2007 when it first came out in a yellow tub. I am very impressed with the moisturizing, smoothness and shine this product delivers on my dry coarse, thick , color treated hair. And you only need a small amount. However, I also realized over the years that every time I use this product, I also get 3-4 acne breakouts on my neck and back. I suspect it is the sunflower seed oil that might be causing it. I will continue to purchase and leave on for at least 30 minutes, twice a month. Also, I realized I get the best results when I clarify first and then later deep condition. It allows for the product to truly penetrate. A large tub usually lasts me all year. Ingreditents: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Trideceth-12, Sunflower Seed Oil, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Yellow 5.

About reviewer (180 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other

HairBlond

a year ago

This is the product for coarse, dry, thick, and frizzy hair. I have wavy, dark hair colored hair and this product is amazing!! i use it maybe one or twice a month and I put a quarter size amount and rub it gently in the hair and then rinse it out 10 minutes later. It makes it shiny and soft!! Do get this if you have this hair type.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

a year ago

I really noticed a difference when I stopped using this and switched to another brand. My hair was shockingly frizzy. It took me about a week to make the connection that it was my conditioner. I've switched back to this and my hair is much tamer now. The smell is a typical floral fruity scent. I hate the twist off lid on the tub, but this stuff is thick so I don't think a squeeze tube or a pump would be a better option. At least you can get all of the product out with a tub.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

3 years ago

I was looking for a deep conditioner because my ends were feeling a little dry. My cousin recommended this conditioner I trusted her suggestion because she is a hairdresser. My hair is not damaged it's just a little dry but I thought this product would work if I used a very small amount. It left my hair feeling very waxy as if I had a ton of residue left although I rinsed it completely off. It smells great but it's not for me.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

My thick wavy hair loves this stuff! It definitely deep conditions and you can feel the slip as you rinse it out. It doesn't completely get rid of all the frizz, but it does reduce it and help my hair lie flatter so it looks shinier. My one complaint is the packaging. It's in a large tub with a twist off top. Since I use this mainly in the shower, it's incredibly difficult to maneuver with wet hands.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I have always loved Joico K-Pak, but suddenly, my hair started breaking and feeling like straw. I added the reconstructor 2x a week, and it got worse! Research indicted that my hair was suffering PROTEIN overload. Doh....Pantene, Joico, coconut oil...all culprit. I clarified with V-05 and ACV, then left Mega Moisture on for 30 minutes. I've done that 2x a week for two weeks. After the first time, my hair felt good, now, it is beautiful again. I desperately needed to remove the protein build up and add moisture, and this did the trick. For what it is worth, I have red, fine hair, but lots of it! I have learned my lesson on over dosing with protein!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Cool

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

My hair is 4a, no chemical treatment of any type, healthy, dense, fine, and mid-length. I frequently blow dry or wear air dried in a wet bun/ponytail or wash and go style. I look for a conditioner that is deeply hydrating, leaves hair detangled, and gives a very light bouncy finish when I blow dry. I felt like this did a great job of hydrating my hair, and definitely softened it, the detangling properties were decent. It goes in very thick and creamy, and as it absorbs in hair it seems to melt into my curly strands. I clarified my hair to remove all buildup, shampooed with a regular shampoo, and applied this in the shower, left it on for 15 minutes without heat, then rinsed it out, blow dried, and flat ironed. I thought that my hair felt a bit weighed down, not as bouncy as I would like but a little stiff. It gives a finish very similar to most deep conditioners, which wasnt bad, but to me wasn't exceptional. Perhaps the outcome would be different if used with heat. So far, the conditioner that leaves my hair silky is Kera PRO, and the Nexxus Emergencee Treatment with a follow up moisturizing conditioner. For reference my favorites are Matrix Biolage Conditioning Shampoo & Balm, Phytospecific Vital Force, I will probably use the last of this, but not repurchase, just because there are other conditioners that work better for my fine curly hair. Perhaps this will be better in the winter when my hair is dryer. If performance changes, I will update.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairOther, Other, Fine

1.0

7 years ago

I am on a search for a new shampoo & conditioner after Redken All Soft's formula was dramatically altered at the beginning of 2012 (they took out avocado oil and put in argan oil, and my hair does not do well with that new formula). In the last month, I have tried quite a number of other brands' "moisturizing" shampoos/conditioners - with no luck. (My reviews of some of the other product lines that I've tried recently can be found in my MUA profile.) My experience of L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Shampoo and the matching Conditioner/Treatment/Creme (which have different listings on MUA, but appear to be the very same thing): The day of the first wash with the Nature's Therapy, my hair looked great - shiny, smoothed down, but not lank or dark -- it was on a par with how the All Soft made it look. It did not make my hair feel as soft as the All Soft had made it feel, though - it felt a little stiff. At bedtime, the top two inches of my hair appeared somewhat oily, but I do have oily hair and this happens sometimes. I was really hoping that this could be a workable replacement for the old All Soft products. The next day, in the first few hours after the second wash, my hair seemed fine... it had some volume, it was again smooth and shiny. I became even more optimistic that I'd found a shampoo/conditioner that would work okay for me. However, at the end of that day, my hair looked and felt like it had been dipped in plastic - it was definitely coated. My scalp oil was on overdrive, with a huge oil slick at the top of my hair. There were multiple pimples forming on my scalp. These products are WAY too coating for my hair -- which is no surprise, since they are designed for hair that needs extreme help. The heavy moisturization offered by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy would be perfect for very damaged hair, coarse hair, etc. I think they are good products that do what they claim to do. I would give them 4 out of 5 stars in general, but for me personally, I'll have to give it 1 star. My hair does appear to need a certain kind of high-moisturization. It's also very reactive to tiny differences in shampoos - slightly more oil than it likes makes it go lank, limp, dark, frizzy and static-y; slightly more protein than it likes makes the strands permanently curl up or get crazy permanent kinks in them - and then break off a few days later; slightly more silicones than it likes makes it feel stiff and rough, and look like it has been sprayed with clear glossy spraypaint. I have a decent idea about silicones and proteins and oils, but I don't have a chemistry degree, so I'm not exactly sure what ingredients I need to be searching for! If anyone here can explain to me specifically what chemical ingredients it sounds like my hair likes/dislikes, or if anyone knows of a currently-sold shampoo/conditioner that are similar to the discontinued old-formula Redken All Soft, please leave me a message here at MUA.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

Hands down the most moisturizing conditioner i have ever tried and ive tried every one that you can think of. There is nothing that can beat it. It makes even my very damaged chemically processed hair feel so silky!!!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Definitely a must have in you hair regime.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29