L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme

4.3

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Trideceth-12, Sunflower Seed Oil, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Yellow 5.

on 6/15/2017 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a deep conditioner because my ends were feeling a little dry. My cousin recommended this conditioner I trusted her suggestion because she is a hairdresser. My hair is not damaged it's just a little dry but I thought this product would work if I used a very small amount. It left my hair feeling very waxy as if I had a ton of residue left although I rinsed it completely off. It smells great but it's not for me.

My thick wavy hair loves this stuff! It definitely deep conditions and you can feel the slip as you rinse it out. It doesn't completely get rid of all the frizz, but it does reduce it and help my hair lie flatter so it looks shinier. My one complaint is the packaging. It's in a large tub with a twist off top. Since I use this mainly in the shower, it's incredibly difficult to maneuver with wet hands.

on 5/2/2013 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hands down the most moisturizing conditioner i have ever tried and ive tried every one that you can think of. There is nothing that can beat it. It makes even my very damaged chemically processed hair feel so silky!!!

on 6/5/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I have always loved Joico K-Pak, but suddenly, my hair started breaking and feeling like straw. I added the reconstructor 2x a week, and it got worse! Research indicted that my hair was suffering PROTEIN overload. Doh....Pantene, Joico, coconut oil...all culprit. I clarified with V-05 and ACV, then left Mega Moisture on for 30 minutes. I've done that 2x a week for two weeks. After the first time, my hair felt good, now, it is beautiful again. I desperately needed to remove the protein build up and add moisture, and this did the trick.

For what it is worth, I have red, fine hair, but lots of it! I have learned my lesson on over dosing with protein!

on 9/28/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My hair is 4a, no chemical treatment of any type, healthy, dense, fine, and mid-length. I frequently blow dry or wear air dried in a wet bun/ponytail or wash and go style.

I look for a conditioner that is deeply hydrating, leaves hair detangled, and gives a very light bouncy finish when I blow dry. I felt like this did a great job of hydrating my hair, and definitely softened it, the detangling properties were decent. It goes in very thick and creamy, and as it absorbs in hair it seems to melt into my curly strands.

I clarified my hair to remove all buildup, shampooed with a regular shampoo, and applied this in the shower, left it on for 15 minutes without heat, then rinsed it out, blow dried, and flat ironed. I thought that my hair felt a bit weighed down, not as bouncy as I would like but a little stiff. It gives a finish very similar to most deep conditioners, which wasnt bad, but to me wasn't exceptional. Perhaps the outcome would be different if used with heat.

So far, the conditioner that leaves my hair silky is Kera PRO, and the Nexxus Emergencee Treatment with a follow up moisturizing conditioner. For reference my favorites are Matrix Biolage Conditioning Shampoo & Balm, Phytospecific Vital Force,

I will probably use the last of this, but not repurchase, just because there are other conditioners that work better for my fine curly hair. Perhaps this will be better in the winter when my hair is dryer. If performance changes, I will update.

I am on a search for a new shampoo & conditioner after Redken All Soft's formula was dramatically altered at the beginning of 2012 (they took out avocado oil and put in argan oil, and my hair does not do well with that new formula).

In the last month, I have tried quite a number of other brands' "moisturizing" shampoos/conditioners - with no luck. (My reviews of some of the other product lines that I've tried recently can be found in my MUA profile.)

My experience of L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Shampoo and the matching Conditioner/Treatment/Creme (which have different listings on MUA, but appear to be the very same thing):

The day of the first wash with the Nature's Therapy, my hair looked great - shiny, smoothed down, but not lank or dark -- it was on a par with how the All Soft made it look. It did not make my hair feel as soft as the All Soft had made it feel, though - it felt a little stiff. At bedtime, the top two inches of my hair appeared somewhat oily, but I do have oily hair and this happens sometimes. I was really hoping that this could be a workable replacement for the old All Soft products.

The next day, in the first few hours after the second wash, my hair seemed fine... it had some volume, it was again smooth and shiny. I became even more optimistic that I'd found a shampoo/conditioner that would work okay for me. However, at the end of that day, my hair looked and felt like it had been dipped in plastic - it was definitely coated. My scalp oil was on overdrive, with a huge oil slick at the top of my hair. There were multiple pimples forming on my scalp.

These products are WAY too coating for my hair -- which is no surprise, since they are designed for hair that needs extreme help.

The heavy moisturization offered by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy would be perfect for very damaged hair, coarse hair, etc.

I think they are good products that do what they claim to do. I would give them 4 out of 5 stars in general, but for me personally, I'll have to give it 1 star.

My hair does appear to need a certain kind of high-moisturization.

It's also very reactive to tiny differences in shampoos - slightly more oil than it likes makes it go lank, limp, dark, frizzy and static-y; slightly more protein than it likes makes the strands permanently curl up or get crazy permanent kinks in them - and then break off a few days later; slightly more silicones than it likes makes it feel stiff and rough, and look like it has been sprayed with clear glossy spraypaint.

I have a decent idea about silicones and proteins and oils, but I don't have a chemistry degree, so I'm not exactly sure what ingredients I need to be searching for!

If anyone here can explain to me specifically what chemical ingredients it sounds like my hair likes/dislikes, or if anyone knows of a currently-sold shampoo/conditioner that are similar to the discontinued old-formula Redken All Soft, please leave me a message here at MUA.

on 1/19/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Way, way, way too heavy for my fine wavy locks. It just drowned them and pulled out all my curl.

on 3/28/2013 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Definitely a must have in you hair regime.

on 1/30/2013 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

BEST conditioner to get silky soft hair! I've used this conditioner for about ten years now. There's nothing that compares. I use it every time i shower and leave it in my hair for a few minutes before rinsing. It makes my hair super smooth and healthy even though I use a lot of heat tools in my hair. Simply the best product out there!

on 1/30/2013 11:48:00 PM

Really good deep conditioner for the price. Have used it for years and will continue to!

Popular Conditioners