MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

3.1

on 12/5/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this pigment as part of the 2009 Cool Capers set. It is very pretty, but very similar to Helium, which I have a full size jar of. I am unfortunately not a fan or either, I am medium skin toned(NW25) and just can't get this to work as an eyeshadow. Like Helium, I usually mix this with a clear gloss or with a lotion for subtle shimmer.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like this pigment. It shows up pretty well on my skin...I am a MUFE 153. I like loud colors, but this is subtle. I usually use this pigment to complete a look that I want to calm down.

FYI this pairs really well with Phloof

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this pigment in the Holiday Set - which imo is the best time to get pigments cuz you get a bunch at the same time, and you get just the right amount! Kitchmas is a very shimmery lilac colour.. with very little pink. A very cool, silvery lilac colour on me (NC44). Not something I would reach for individually in a store, but would complement purple/pink/silver looks well.

on 2/3/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Even though I love my MAC pigments, I don't think I'd buy this one again. It was so big and chunky compared to other pigments. I don't think it'd be that big of a deal if I were using it as a shadow, but I use pigments as liners, and it just gets all over my cheeks. It's all chunky so it doesn't last very long, either. It's also a little flashy, no?

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

It's a gorgeous color, but I find that I have no real use for it. As previous reviewers have stated, it is very chunky. It is not subtle enough to wear as a facial or body shimmer, but not colored enough to wear as an eyeshadow. I love MAC pigments, but this one is not very practical for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Kitschmas is definitely one of my least favorite pigments...It has some positives. It is a lovely color. It's a light lilac with silver sheen, a color that differs very much from MAC's purple shadows, thus making it indispensible to the hardcore MAC fan, like myself. However, this pigment's texture is gritty and cheapish. It doesn't have the same "melts on your skin like butter" texture that Pink Bronze or Golden Olive have. Kitschmas is much more like cheap glitter from the dollar store instead of a high end product worth $18.50, like I feel most of the other pigments are.I don't own Kitschmas in full size, but often times, when I have a little extra cash, I contemplate it... Then I apply some of the 1/2 teaspoon sample I have and that alleviates any desire to spend almost 20 bucks on that. In my opinion, this pigment is a lovely color, but is low quality in texture. I hope MAC discontinues it and cooks up a better light purple... continued >>

on 2/28/2005 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is a GORGEOUS color, now another one of my favorites along with all-girl. SO pretty, and I think it goes well with purple e/shadows.

on 7/29/2004 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a light lilac frosty shade. I didn't initally want it, but heard good stuff so why not? The MAC MA didn't even know or even heard of Kitschmas .. geez! I've only tried this once pairing it with All Girl and it really brings out my brown eyes=). Lovely, but I don't think i'd finish it up because i'd rarely reach for this.