MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.7

on 1/5/2012 10:26:00 PM

This is soooo purrritty ^__^ If you like lilac frosty, shimmery shades you'll love this (& I do!).

The colour is semi-sheer silver/rose-lilac shimmer with glitter. I didn't find the glitter to be chunky? Lots of ppl's seem to but nope, definately not chunky. It is just very shimmery, which is what this shade is all about. I found it easy to apply with a eyelid primer underneath, & it stayed on all day very well.

I have very pale skin & this shade suited me very well. It is subtle in that the colour is light & shimmery, but still stands out. It has this ethereal look which is just enchanting! I wear it during the day but I'm not in a professional work place - I can see how this shade wouldn't be seen as professional :-)

Anyway I simply adore this colour & totally recommend it to all you shimmery fans out there!

on 9/30/2010 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't see why everyone thinks this is chunky or whatever. I thought it was very smooth. I am reviewing the one from the 5 Cool Capers Holiday 2009 set, however, so maybe they made some changes. I used this for a highlighter on the brow for the look I chose to do first. This is a really nice light pink with kind of white/silver cast. Its very metallic and pretty. I used it over primer and it stayed all day without a problem. I would not have bought this on its own, but with the set of other complimentary piggies, this is a very nice shade to have!

on 7/26/2010 6:00:00 PM

Its a great product if you manage ti find the application that's best for you. I bought it just because of the positive reviews. But when i applied it , it looked soo pink...too pink....i at once hated it.
But i tried it with sephora's jumbo pencil in 506 as base which brings out its purple undertones. The result is gorgeous!!! I also like to mix some black n pink eyeshadow and put it in the outer corners. I just love it
The only negative is the fallout....Its so bad that i should go out having a fan brush with me. Seriously if you don't apply it properly you are gonna get glitter in your eyeballs...But after some minutes it stops thanfully :)
and its not that glittery as the first minutes that you have it on

on 5/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

Love this pigment! This is my fav pigment shade out there!
Packaging is the same as always, so not great nor bad. This colour payoff is so pretty! Can work with most other shades, I love it with coppering eyeshadow or violet pigment when I am doing a 'out there' look. the fallout is a bit annoying, but thats easily sorted by using a primer such as ud primer potion, Or wet tissue paper under the eye when applying it.
Will definatly buy this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Not a popular pigment, but I LOVE it. Try using a flat shadow brush, press the side of the brush into the pigment (try using what sticks to the lid or side of the jar), tap off excess, spray brush lightly with mixing medium (water+glycerin), and apply. Layer for super shiny, light purple-pinky color. I would not try to work with this pigment dry. There would be way too much sparkly fallout. My favorite look with this (so far) is kitchmas on the inner 2/3 of the lid blended with some MAC Shale on the outer v and crease and highlight/blend with some Vanilla pig. Very pretty.

on 10/25/2008 12:34:00 PM

Gosh, I was so excited to get this - and now I am pretty disappointed. It is so chunky and more glitter than actual colour.
It blends ok, but there is quite a lot fall-out.
I merely bought a sample, so I will just give it to a friend. No money lost luckily.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is so darn hard to use. I love how it looks but when I put it on its just flakey. applied wet it looks like silver which is fine but it goes on so uneven. I like to use this as a highlighter on nights I go to a club or I like it mixed with a clear lipgloss. It is pretty like that but overall I just don't like this pigment as much as I like other ones so I don't reach for it very often luckily I got this as a sample. THis is like rose pigment as far as texture but way less pigmented at least you can get rose and blue steel to show up.

on 10/29/2007 3:55:00 AM

I just have no real use for this. It's not completely awful, but it's not something I like enough to buy again. I very rarely find myself reaching for this shade...thankfully, I only have a mini! Light silvered lilac. Pretty to look at in it's container, but does nothing for me on...very little lilac and lots of silver shimmer...this Pigment is annoyingly chunky!

on 7/27/2007 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the first MAC product that I haven't liked. Much too frosty and way too much glitter. Looks lovely in the container though =(

on 9/25/2006 1:30:00 PM

I bought a 1/4 tsp of this from the same e-bay seller that I bought my All-Girl pigment sample. I like this pale icy lavendar color to bring out the green in my eyes. Again, I like but don't love this color, and when my sample runs out, I probably wouldn't try to get another decant.