MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.8

on 12/29/2011 8:45:00 PM

I hate and I repeat HATE light eyeshadow but after getting this in a gift set I had to give it a try and I was really pleasantly surprised. I dont love the color but I do like it. It goes on very shimmery so as an accent colors on the inner part of the eye near the duct or put on dry under the eyebrows it is quite nice. Go mac...sometimes you surprise me.

on 11/8/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This color works great on my eyelids. It's a lavender pinkish color with silvery glitters. The application is not very easy but the results are worth the effort. I can imagine that this color is not for everyone. It probably looks best on cool toned people. It's nice but not my favourite color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an absolute pain to apply as it's really chunky, but the colour is gorgeous. I rarely use this as an eyeshadow because I don't think it suits me no matter how I apply it and what colours I try to wear it with.

Instead I mixed this with a clear nail polish and got an absolutely beautiful colour. The colour in the bottle was pretty much the colour of the pigment but it took me, if I remember correctly, eight coats to get the bottle colour, but this is probably because of the polish, not the pigment. But one or two coats would give you a really nice colour too.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Kitschmas is a VERY soft and beautiful pink. It kind of like the eye shadow form of MAC Lipglass in Heart-Throb. This pigment is from the MAC Magic, Mirth & Mischief Collection: 5 Cool Capers. I love this over any pinks to make them pop! This was one of my favorite colors to press!! I will repurchase and repress! : )

Third one from left:

Swatch:

Pressed/ Swatch:

( It shows up better on the eyelid with a primer!) continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Kitschmas is such a great all over lid colour. It is quite subtle which i love if it is a casual occasion but you want to wear a hint of colour. A really nice purpley white colour that shimmers so nicely. There is a little bit of fall out with this but pigments tend to be like that. I really like the name...i'm unsure but i think it's a cute way of saying christmas considering it came out with the christmas collection 09.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a beautiful pigment. However, it is quite chunky in texture and not very smooth or silky in application and since I have been spoiled by other MAC pigments that are way easier to blend and nice & silky, I don't love this one.

that being said, this is a beautiful, blue toned lilac purple color with shimmery, shimmery silver glittery shine. It has fall out too.

I think this color is pretty dupeable, so I would bet that you can find similar colors with Aromaleigh or Fyrinnae, so I am saying it isn't a must have. On the other hand, it wasn't expensive for a small sample in a sifter jar which you can get for swaps or from many online etailers.

I will probably not repurchase when I run out, but this is very pretty. It is really just too shimmery for me to really use it every day, and that is really more of a personal preference. If you like shimmery and shiney, you will love this. I am glad I got a sample and will definitely use up what I have because it is so pretty, but I will try to duplicate this color with other pigments and try to get the texture to be less chunky.

on 9/1/2008 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm a huge fan of pigments but this one is just too glittery and chunky...
It's really pretty and looks great with smoky eyes but it's just not as amazing as other MAC pigments!

on 1/20/2008 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No breakouts. I purchased a sample of this pigment, and must say I love it. Great for sparkle on a night out with hubby. Very blendable and flatters with other colored pigments or shadows. Will repurchase.

on 1/7/2008 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i always wear this over my smokey eyes for sparkle and to highlight when going out (i do the smokey eyes with black kohl blacktrack fluidline and macs contrast eye shadow) and i love it ...very easy to apply and you get alot of product for a great price.....love it
update: i still love it and started to pair it with alot of colors ..i mostly wear it when im going out since its sparkly ...i dont have a problem with the texture at all

I received this pigment as a sample and really, really wanted to like it. I mean, it looked so pretty in the pictures--a soft and pretty lilac color with a light shimmer.

Well, as we all know, sometimes pictures can be deceiving :X This shade looked pretty bad on me (way too light! really washed out my complexion) and was way too frosty and sparkly for my taste.

Maybe I'm just using it in the wrong way...perhaps I should try it out some time in the future when I build up my MAC collection.

EDIT: Still not using this, nor do I have any desire to. Good thing it's only a sample size!