MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas

3.6

on 12/5/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this pigment as part of the 2009 Cool Capers set. It is very pretty, but very similar to Helium, which I have a full size jar of. I am unfortunately not a fan or either, I am medium skin toned(NW25) and just can't get this to work as an eyeshadow. Like Helium, I usually mix this with a clear gloss or with a lotion for subtle shimmer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an absolute pain to apply as it's really chunky, but the colour is gorgeous. I rarely use this as an eyeshadow because I don't think it suits me no matter how I apply it and what colours I try to wear it with.

Instead I mixed this with a clear nail polish and got an absolutely beautiful colour. The colour in the bottle was pretty much the colour of the pigment but it took me, if I remember correctly, eight coats to get the bottle colour, but this is probably because of the polish, not the pigment. But one or two coats would give you a really nice colour too.

on 7/27/2007 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the first MAC product that I haven't liked. Much too frosty and way too much glitter. Looks lovely in the container though =(

on 12/18/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love pigments but the texture of this one is flakey and difficult to use, and the color is only flattering as a highlighter on my olive toned FFF skin, too light without any depth to it, a slightly lavender tinged frosty shade with an intense shimmer, the shimmer is the prettiest part and I have seen this look nice on some, but it just didn't work well for me at all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Very shimmery light lavender shade. I usually go for bolder colors, but this works okay as a highlighter under the brow.

on 5/18/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a really nice pigment, and is flattering on ALL skin tones. (I have ivory skin, green eyes and reddish brown hair.) It looks GREAT in conjunction with violet pigment. The frostiness just makes it even more pretty.

on 2/28/2005 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is a GORGEOUS color, now another one of my favorites along with all-girl. SO pretty, and I think it goes well with purple e/shadows.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought the original when it was released in the Kitschmas Collection. It's a really pretty Icy Lavender color with flecks of silver. I love this one on top of my purple eyeshadows, it just makes the eyes dance and sparkle. I've had this forever and it still looks near full. Great price for that much product. I find the new-release one doesn't have the same depth as the original. The newer one isn't as sparkly as the original.

on 1/3/2004 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

MPOV
Ok, I just bought 2 different samples from 2 different sellers on ebay. They are not the same. What I believe to be the "real" Kitschmas is too chunky to work with & it is a very sheer silvery color. The "fake" version is much nicer. It goes on smooth & has a nice silvery, pinkish, pale lavender color to it. Kudos to the seller who made this version! I will never buy the "real" Kitschmas again. I wish I could get the seller to sell me the "fake" stuff at a normal price?? Maybe I will try to concoct this stuff myself.