MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.9

on 12/29/2011 8:45:00 PM

I hate and I repeat HATE light eyeshadow but after getting this in a gift set I had to give it a try and I was really pleasantly surprised. I dont love the color but I do like it. It goes on very shimmery so as an accent colors on the inner part of the eye near the duct or put on dry under the eyebrows it is quite nice. Go mac...sometimes you surprise me.

on 11/8/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This color works great on my eyelids. It's a lavender pinkish color with silvery glitters. The application is not very easy but the results are worth the effort. I can imagine that this color is not for everyone. It probably looks best on cool toned people. It's nice but not my favourite color.

on 8/30/2010 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a silvery lavendar pigment that I find to be a very flattering hue. Alot of reviewers noted that they find this hard to work with as a lid color. I think that as long as you are using an eyeshadow base and a patting motion this eyeshadow is very easy to use. It's not a creamy or smooth shadow and is a bit more chunky but the tradeoff is a beautiful shimmery shine. It can be toned down for day if you pair with matte shades. I recommend using the Wet n Wild Icon Lust palette with this pigment.

I think alot of people forget that pigments are very versatile. For example you can mix this pigment with a lip gloss (like a clear lip gloss) and create a very shimmery lip.

Or you can blot a tiny bit of the pigment over a lipstick or gloss in the center of your lower lip to add a bit of shimmer and create an illusion of a fuller lip.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Kitschmas is a VERY soft and beautiful pink. It kind of like the eye shadow form of MAC Lipglass in Heart-Throb. This pigment is from the MAC Magic, Mirth & Mischief Collection: 5 Cool Capers. I love this over any pinks to make them pop! This was one of my favorite colors to press!! I will repurchase and repress! : )

Third one from left:

Swatch:

Pressed/ Swatch:

( It shows up better on the eyelid with a primer!) continued >>

I love Kitschmas! Yes, it is chunky and glittery, which makes it harder to apply than other MAC pigments. But I love the color so much that it's a regular go to shadow for nights out on the town. I'm a huge fan of pinks and purples, which is probably why I wear it a lot when I go out, and I love to pair it with Pinked Mauve in the crease. Gorgeous!! It is NOT suitable for work, which is why I've barely made a dent. I doubt I'll repurchase because it'll probably take me a lifetime to get through it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Nice sheer color on me. It gives a hint of color to the eyes. On days when I'm lazy but don't want to do too much, I put this on with eyeliner and i'm good for the day.

I received this pigment as a sample and really, really wanted to like it. I mean, it looked so pretty in the pictures--a soft and pretty lilac color with a light shimmer.

Well, as we all know, sometimes pictures can be deceiving :X This shade looked pretty bad on me (way too light! really washed out my complexion) and was way too frosty and sparkly for my taste.

Maybe I'm just using it in the wrong way...perhaps I should try it out some time in the future when I build up my MAC collection.

EDIT: Still not using this, nor do I have any desire to. Good thing it's only a sample size!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a lovely light silver toned lilac purple. I pair this with dark purples, or it looks lovely with pink pigments. It with pigmented and wears well with a mixing medium. I don't think I will run out of this color anytime soon, so I doubt I will be buying this again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I relly wanted to like this pigment, because of all that I have heard about it. Its very pretty in the pot, but going on is a totally different story. It is chunky and applying it is almost impossible. In the pot it is a very pretty lilac color, but when I get it on, I can barely see it at all. There is also way too much glitter in it for me. Would not repurchase this.

on 12/26/2006 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Got a sample of this from a nice MAC sa. To me it looks like a cool pale pink with silver. Doesnt show up too much on me but I like it as a wash cuz even with the silver flakes in it, its still not too sparkly like other MAC piggies tend to be. Doubt Ill be purchasing a full size after the sample runs out cuz its not a must have color for me.