MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.9

on 8/5/2010 2:18:00 AM

Love it! It's great as a more neutral pink colour. I pair it with MAC eyeshadow 'Pink Freeze' and MAC pigment 'Fuschia' and I get compliments all the time!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love the color but it's super chunky. I'ts very girlish looking and fun. Although it's a pain to apply the effort is worth the beauty. Nice, fun look for dark complection A.A. women. Will not repurchase only becuse a little goes a long way so I doubt I'll ever need to replace.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like this pigment. It shows up pretty well on my skin...I am a MUFE 153. I like loud colors, but this is subtle. I usually use this pigment to complete a look that I want to calm down.

FYI this pairs really well with Phloof

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I often like to use pigments just on the centre of the lid to make the eyes pop after I've applied the rest of the eyeshadow. It is very difficult to use that technique with this one because I find that it's actually too sheer and glitter just goes EVERYWHERE! So I'm actually a bit disappointed with this one :-( The Tan pigment works beautifully though :-) (obviously a completely different colour though!) I think more people use Kitchmas as a wash of colour over the lid but the glitter still gets everywhere!

I would never do without this colour. It was my first pigment and is so girly. I foil it to give the best effect. It is similar to milk pigment but more lavender.

on 7/14/2009 11:15:00 AM

I know that back in 2005 or so, MAC had discountinued this shade and that people had started doing homemade kitschmas pigments, lol. but i really don't see what's so good in this pigment. I love the froty lilac color, but it's TOO shimmery. WAY too much shimmer. When I apply this on my whole lid, it makes me look like a sl**, for God's sake. So I just started using this as an eyeliner. I take an angled liner brush, dip it into this color, spray it with fix+ and apply it on my upper lashline. Looks way better =)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is so darn hard to use. I love how it looks but when I put it on its just flakey. applied wet it looks like silver which is fine but it goes on so uneven. I like to use this as a highlighter on nights I go to a club or I like it mixed with a clear lipgloss. It is pretty like that but overall I just don't like this pigment as much as I like other ones so I don't reach for it very often luckily I got this as a sample. THis is like rose pigment as far as texture but way less pigmented at least you can get rose and blue steel to show up.

on 12/27/2005 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a very shimmery light lilac colour with silvery undertones. Nothing too exciting-I usually use this as a highlighter with purples and plums. Very sparkly and silvery, other than that it's nothing I'd wear on it's own. However I'd probably repurchase since I use this all the time to highlight, I just wish that it had a bit more colour to it.

on 9/28/2005 1:17:00 AM

I really liked this frosty lavender color. :) It looked very festive and Christmas-y. :) I'm thinking it might be a little over the top to wear this daily but witih a nice Ola Viola! eyeliner Kohl it looks pretty sweet. :) On my NC40 skin it looks really subtle and lightly frosted. The only con is that it can be messy. :P I made the mistake of dipping a huge highlighter brush into the container and it got all over my face. :) A good idea for me was to take some of the pigment out of the jar it came in and into a little .05 sample jar. Just in case I get butterfingers and drop the whole pigment jar I won't cry my eyes out. hehe But I do really like the color and can probably pull it off for daily/day wear, it's just nice to have that option. ALSO, this color isn't lipsafe. :) I'm not sure why, but it isn't. See here. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well...this is pretty, but I wouldn't rave over it. It looks like every other shimmery lilac that I own - comparable to Stila Key or MAC Beatiful Iris. But that's just my opinion!