MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.8

on 9/30/2010 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't see why everyone thinks this is chunky or whatever. I thought it was very smooth. I am reviewing the one from the 5 Cool Capers Holiday 2009 set, however, so maybe they made some changes. I used this for a highlighter on the brow for the look I chose to do first. This is a really nice light pink with kind of white/silver cast. Its very metallic and pretty. I used it over primer and it stayed all day without a problem. I would not have bought this on its own, but with the set of other complimentary piggies, this is a very nice shade to have!

on 8/5/2010 2:18:00 AM

Love it! It's great as a more neutral pink colour. I pair it with MAC eyeshadow 'Pink Freeze' and MAC pigment 'Fuschia' and I get compliments all the time!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I often like to use pigments just on the centre of the lid to make the eyes pop after I've applied the rest of the eyeshadow. It is very difficult to use that technique with this one because I find that it's actually too sheer and glitter just goes EVERYWHERE! So I'm actually a bit disappointed with this one :-( The Tan pigment works beautifully though :-) (obviously a completely different colour though!) I think more people use Kitchmas as a wash of colour over the lid but the glitter still gets everywhere!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a beautiful pigment. However, it is quite chunky in texture and not very smooth or silky in application and since I have been spoiled by other MAC pigments that are way easier to blend and nice & silky, I don't love this one.

that being said, this is a beautiful, blue toned lilac purple color with shimmery, shimmery silver glittery shine. It has fall out too.

I think this color is pretty dupeable, so I would bet that you can find similar colors with Aromaleigh or Fyrinnae, so I am saying it isn't a must have. On the other hand, it wasn't expensive for a small sample in a sifter jar which you can get for swaps or from many online etailers.

I will probably not repurchase when I run out, but this is very pretty. It is really just too shimmery for me to really use it every day, and that is really more of a personal preference. If you like shimmery and shiney, you will love this. I am glad I got a sample and will definitely use up what I have because it is so pretty, but I will try to duplicate this color with other pigments and try to get the texture to be less chunky.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually have 2 of these and I love the color, but it looks like chunky glitter on my lids. I don't even put that much on, but it looks very heavy and chunky. Kitschmas is a light sparkly lavender color that looks good all over the lid with a darker purple in the crease like Nocturnelle, Fig. 1, Sketch, or Young Punk.

on 5/17/2009 5:54:00 PM

Love this pigment! This is my fav pigment shade out there!
Packaging is the same as always, so not great nor bad. This colour payoff is so pretty! Can work with most other shades, I love it with coppering eyeshadow or violet pigment when I am doing a 'out there' look. the fallout is a bit annoying, but thats easily sorted by using a primer such as ud primer potion, Or wet tissue paper under the eye when applying it.
Will definatly buy this again!

on 5/6/2009 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this pigment - If you like pale pink then this is great. Really glittery but such a pretty colour in the inner corners of your eye

on 10/25/2008 12:34:00 PM

Gosh, I was so excited to get this - and now I am pretty disappointed. It is so chunky and more glitter than actual colour.
It blends ok, but there is quite a lot fall-out.
I merely bought a sample, so I will just give it to a friend. No money lost luckily.

on 4/24/2008 6:39:00 PM

This color is too glittery for me. I can't seem to blend it into anything else that I use.

on 1/20/2008 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

NW25, Lt. Brown, Blue/Hazel, Combo, No breakouts. I purchased a sample of this pigment, and must say I love it. Great for sparkle on a night out with hubby. Very blendable and flatters with other colored pigments or shadows. Will repurchase.