MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.5

on 11/8/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This color works great on my eyelids. It's a lavender pinkish color with silvery glitters. The application is not very easy but the results are worth the effort. I can imagine that this color is not for everyone. It probably looks best on cool toned people. It's nice but not my favourite color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Not a popular pigment, but I LOVE it. Try using a flat shadow brush, press the side of the brush into the pigment (try using what sticks to the lid or side of the jar), tap off excess, spray brush lightly with mixing medium (water+glycerin), and apply. Layer for super shiny, light purple-pinky color. I would not try to work with this pigment dry. There would be way too much sparkly fallout. My favorite look with this (so far) is kitchmas on the inner 2/3 of the lid blended with some MAC Shale on the outer v and crease and highlight/blend with some Vanilla pig. Very pretty.

on 1/22/2008 12:34:00 AM

This is a gorgeous pinky/lilac-y shimmery and glitter goodness! LOL.
I absolutely love this pigment, and having been my first received pigment, I am glad this was my first. I can use this over a smokey eye, as a highlighter, as a nice glimmer to my red gloss, and even adds a great sheen to my polishes. I love the versatility of pigments and this colour is a must have!

on 11/26/2006 8:30:00 PM

I think that this is a beautiful color. It is a wearable violet color that can be worn in the day and evening. It is very sparkly, but applied dry, it still can be worn in the day. Ny complaint is that it is one of the "flakier" pigments. It flies all over when applied. I will not buy again, since I highly doubt that I will ever run out!

on 5/8/2006 6:17:00 PM

Like so many of the pigments this one is gorgeous in the pot but just glitter and shine when you put it on. It looks like neon silver something or other...not good.

on 3/31/2006 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

blah! Another pigment that goes on chunky and disappears. The color is gorgeous--silvery-lavender--but it doesn't look that when on my eye. It takes a lot for it to show up, and as with the other chunky pigments, it tends to land on my cheak by the end of the night. Try lovely lily--what I consider to be its prettier, finer-milled cousin. Lovely lily doesn't have the silvery reflect (it's a single-toned, shimmery lavender color), but it goes on much more smoothly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I didn't like this shade at all. It looked lilac in the pot, but on it looked like a completely invisible shimmery shade. There really is no point to this. You wouldn't want a sheer shade like this for use as highlighting or anything similar since it has that purple cast to it.. but its not pigmented or purple enough to be used as an eyeshadow at all. This is definitely a non-essential.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Kitschmas is definitely one of my least favorite pigments...It has some positives. It is a lovely color. It's a light lilac with silver sheen, a color that differs very much from MAC's purple shadows, thus making it indispensible to the hardcore MAC fan, like myself. However, this pigment's texture is gritty and cheapish. It doesn't have the same "melts on your skin like butter" texture that Pink Bronze or Golden Olive have. Kitschmas is much more like cheap glitter from the dollar store instead of a high end product worth $18.50, like I feel most of the other pigments are.I don't own Kitschmas in full size, but often times, when I have a little extra cash, I contemplate it... Then I apply some of the 1/2 teaspoon sample I have and that alleviates any desire to spend almost 20 bucks on that. In my opinion, this pigment is a lovely color, but is low quality in texture. I hope MAC discontinues it and cooks up a better light purple... continued >>

on 2/28/2005 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is a GORGEOUS color, now another one of my favorites along with all-girl. SO pretty, and I think it goes well with purple e/shadows.

on 8/20/2004 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wouldn't repurchase any pigments, simply because of the fact that you get enough product to last you for a lifetime.

That said, I finally got my hands on the legendary Kitschmas after MAC brought it back, and at first, I was extremely disappointed to say the least. I'm asian with NC35 skin and this product alone went on more silvery than lilac. I looked like a frosted drug addict or something. However, I reached for my Deep Purple pigment to put into my crease/outer V, and WOW. This is a beautiful look. Even my fiance complimented me, and he's used to me changing my eye makeup everyday.

I'll even forgive the flaky texture. I just have to make sure to dust loose powder on my cheeks before I put this pigment on because this stuff is similar in texture to Dark Soul.

I'm glad MAC brought this pigment back. I definitely wouldn't have paid an arm and a leg for a sample, but this is definitely beautiful paired with a darker pigment like Deep Purple.