MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.7

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I often like to use pigments just on the centre of the lid to make the eyes pop after I've applied the rest of the eyeshadow. It is very difficult to use that technique with this one because I find that it's actually too sheer and glitter just goes EVERYWHERE! So I'm actually a bit disappointed with this one :-( The Tan pigment works beautifully though :-) (obviously a completely different colour though!) I think more people use Kitchmas as a wash of colour over the lid but the glitter still gets everywhere!

on 9/1/2008 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm a huge fan of pigments but this one is just too glittery and chunky...
It's really pretty and looks great with smoky eyes but it's just not as amazing as other MAC pigments!

on 1/3/2008 10:20:00 AM

This is my first piggie purchase and I bought it with the Originals line. At first was a little tentative cause wasn't too sure on how to use. Dry it's okay very glittery, wet it's FAB! Lot better color payoff. This stayed on all day and all night with no problems and no primer. It's a gorgeous silvery, mauvey, purpleish color to me. The container is huge which I love but not to crazy about having to be careful to open it. Other than that will repurchase if and when I run out. NC42.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

It's a gorgeous color, but I find that I have no real use for it. As previous reviewers have stated, it is very chunky. It is not subtle enough to wear as a facial or body shimmer, but not colored enough to wear as an eyeshadow. I love MAC pigments, but this one is not very practical for me.

on 11/1/2004 2:13:00 PM

Really nice pigment. Nothing majorly special especially not worth the ridiculous amounts people were spending for it on Ebay. Still think its v. pretty though.

Although this looks like a pinkish toned lavender in the package, on me it turns a dusky "more dark lavender-than-pink" with silvery highlights.
I had to have this after reading all the high praise, and have to say it is so worth it! Sounds like MAC discontinued this at one time, but it is now available on their website, so don't pay crazy prices for "samples".
When I first apply this to my eyelids, it looks too silvery, but that tones down fairly quickly to a lovely dusky tone. It is easy to control the density of color by applying in careful "layers".
I have medium skin tone, black hair and brown eyes.

on 1/3/2004 7:05:00 PM

Not my favorite pigment...but I do like it...it is a nice color for highlighting and looks amazing with Violet Pigment for a glam purple smoky eye. I also love the look of this paired w/BobbiBrown Pink Shimmerbrick...its like a OD of shimmer, but somehow it works on my PPP w/nuetral undertoned complexion. To get the best results from this pigment, apply it wet w/visine, it keeps the glitter in place and off your cheeks and lashes.

I received a sample of this awhile ago, and the color looks to be a pretty shimmery lavendar. But when you put it on, it doesn't blend well, and the color is very faint. It just looks like shimmer. Very disappointing. Don't spend $100 on a jar of this!

This is a pretty lilac color with a slight silver/pink tone to it, it's fairly sparkly so very ethereal and fairy like... I find it somewhat similar to UD's grifter only this is better.

on 6/26/2002 5:13:00 PM

Love this stuff! Beautiful shimmery/sparkly lilac/purple/silver shade. Cost- $18 and a little goes a long way. A whole container of this could last you years. Versatile, can be used on eyes and makes a lovely liploss.