MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.6

on 1/17/2008 11:04:00 PM

The colour of the pigment is gorgeous, exactly what i was looking for when i bought it. But as already mentioned, the texture of this pigment is awful. Very chunky and strangely for a pigment, not pigmented! I had more fallout with this than any other pigment i've used, it almost looked like more of it ended up on my cheeks than my eyes. I tried applying it wet also, because the colour didn't show up much when i applied it dry, but it just looked more silvery, and still tons of fallout. Perhaps this would be okay for someone who wants to use it elsewhere, but for the eyes it kinda stinks.

on 9/27/2007 11:41:00 PM

I love MAC pigments, but hate this one. The texture is very grainy. On my nc43 skin, this is nothing but shimmer. No color whatsoever, just clear glitter. I tried patting it on, but still no color. Because of the texture it also tends to fall onto my cheeks. Overall, a very disappointing product.

on 8/13/2007 4:24:00 PM

One of the original pigments that cause mayhem and $100s of dollars duplicating it on eBay. Is it worth it? Personally I think the colour is gorgeous but the actual pigment itself is flakey... literally.

I'm a NC30, dark hair and eyes and though I can pretty much wear any pigment colour, I don't wear this one very often because of the quality. Most pigments fall into one of two category... very smooth highly pigment finely milled or super shimmery, pigment but very flakely texture. Rose and Kitschmas fall into this category. You literally have to pat the pigment onto your skin to go on. It's not one where you can use a brush to place onto the skin.

The colour though is quite pretty... a light silvery lilac with high shimmer. It's very pretty just a bit of a paint to use.

on 9/28/2005 1:17:00 AM

I really liked this frosty lavender color. :) It looked very festive and Christmas-y. :) I'm thinking it might be a little over the top to wear this daily but witih a nice Ola Viola! eyeliner Kohl it looks pretty sweet. :) On my NC40 skin it looks really subtle and lightly frosted. The only con is that it can be messy. :P I made the mistake of dipping a huge highlighter brush into the container and it got all over my face. :) A good idea for me was to take some of the pigment out of the jar it came in and into a little .05 sample jar. Just in case I get butterfingers and drop the whole pigment jar I won't cry my eyes out. hehe But I do really like the color and can probably pull it off for daily/day wear, it's just nice to have that option. ALSO, this color isn't lipsafe. :) I'm not sure why, but it isn't. See here. continued >>

on 3/27/2005 5:07:00 AM

This is such a pretty pigment, as I adore pink/lilac shades in makeup, but sadly Kitschmas is a tad too sparkly for my liking. I've tried blending it with matte eyeshadows in an attempt to reduce the effect, but the shimmer is still too OTT.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Well...this is pretty, but I wouldn't rave over it. It looks like every other shimmery lilac that I own - comparable to Stila Key or MAC Beatiful Iris. But that's just my opinion!

on 10/2/2004 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

In the bottle, this appears to be a light to medium, lilac purple. On, it appears as a sheer white/ivory/lilac, very beautiful. It would look great with Violet Pigment in the crease!

Special Edition , Rare Now hard to find and Discontinued. Too Bad!!!! Very beautiful , interesting mixed shade with Mauvy, purple , shimmer. Very Festive and FUN!!!!!! Much prettier Than ALL GIRL

on 7/8/2003 11:13:00 AM

Fabulous color. It looks a light/medium lavender in the pot, but goes on much much more silver than it is lavender. It was pretty much silver on me with a flash of lavender under the right lighting. I love using this as a wash, or wet as a liner. If you're using it all over your lids, try 'pressing' it on with a finger for better staying power. Frostly and sparkly, this is gorgeous for the whole ice-princess look.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is such a beautiful colour for an eyeshadow, sparkly lavander silver. This is REALLY sparkly and can be used just as a wash r pressed on with a sponge applicator for a full on look. It is a product i have been reaching for a lot recently and the price and amount is great. Mac should definitely make these more widely available.