MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.7

on 1/5/2012 10:26:00 PM

This is soooo purrritty ^__^ If you like lilac frosty, shimmery shades you'll love this (& I do!).

The colour is semi-sheer silver/rose-lilac shimmer with glitter. I didn't find the glitter to be chunky? Lots of ppl's seem to but nope, definately not chunky. It is just very shimmery, which is what this shade is all about. I found it easy to apply with a eyelid primer underneath, & it stayed on all day very well.

I have very pale skin & this shade suited me very well. It is subtle in that the colour is light & shimmery, but still stands out. It has this ethereal look which is just enchanting! I wear it during the day but I'm not in a professional work place - I can see how this shade wouldn't be seen as professional :-)

Anyway I simply adore this colour & totally recommend it to all you shimmery fans out there!

on 11/8/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This color works great on my eyelids. It's a lavender pinkish color with silvery glitters. The application is not very easy but the results are worth the effort. I can imagine that this color is not for everyone. It probably looks best on cool toned people. It's nice but not my favourite color.

on 12/5/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this pigment as part of the 2009 Cool Capers set. It is very pretty, but very similar to Helium, which I have a full size jar of. I am unfortunately not a fan or either, I am medium skin toned(NW25) and just can't get this to work as an eyeshadow. Like Helium, I usually mix this with a clear gloss or with a lotion for subtle shimmer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Kitschmas is a VERY soft and beautiful pink. It kind of like the eye shadow form of MAC Lipglass in Heart-Throb. This pigment is from the MAC Magic, Mirth & Mischief Collection: 5 Cool Capers. I love this over any pinks to make them pop! This was one of my favorite colors to press!! I will repurchase and repress! : )

Third one from left:

Swatch:

Pressed/ Swatch:

( It shows up better on the eyelid with a primer!) continued >>

I love Kitschmas! Yes, it is chunky and glittery, which makes it harder to apply than other MAC pigments. But I love the color so much that it's a regular go to shadow for nights out on the town. I'm a huge fan of pinks and purples, which is probably why I wear it a lot when I go out, and I love to pair it with Pinked Mauve in the crease. Gorgeous!! It is NOT suitable for work, which is why I've barely made a dent. I doubt I'll repurchase because it'll probably take me a lifetime to get through it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually have 2 of these and I love the color, but it looks like chunky glitter on my lids. I don't even put that much on, but it looks very heavy and chunky. Kitschmas is a light sparkly lavender color that looks good all over the lid with a darker purple in the crease like Nocturnelle, Fig. 1, Sketch, or Young Punk.

on 9/23/2007 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like Kitschmas. It suits my pale, icy skin. It's a frosty silvery light lilac that looks more silver or more purple depending on the lighting/application. It applies beautifully both wet and dry. I love to blend it with purples and blues, but it can be blended with a lot of other colors as well. Kitschmas is a unique pigment which may not suit those with dark/warm skin (it is a *very* cool color) or those who hate glitter. Kitschmas is extremely glittery... like Christmas ornament glittery. :)

This is a pretty very very light pinky purple, very sparkly. Applied it looks like a muted mica sparkle, with a teeny hint of lilac purple. (Muted in the sense that it blends better with skin tone than stark white like Frost, Kitschmas is plenty shimmery). I've heard others say the new version is slightly different than the old, so I figured it deserved a seperate review thread. It is one I use fairly often, but it's kind of... blah. I'd never wear it by itself unless I wanted a really basic simple eye- the color is almost nonexistant on my skin (which is really, really pale; things look quite bright on me usually). So anyway, I use this paired with darker purples like Deep Purple pigment, BE Glimmer in Emotion, Grape pigment, and TwistedFayte.com purple eye spices. Kitschmas blends so nicely into darker colors, and has just a hint of lilac, it looks really nice with the more vivid, darker purples. Great highlighter too. All in all, while I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it, it's not that exciting all by itself. Hopefully someone will be able to compare the new version with the old here. continued >>

on 1/11/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

So pretty like a princess. I adore this pigment. I love wearing this foiled as an inner eye/lid colour.

I wear with nehru and stars n rockets.

on 9/30/2010 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't see why everyone thinks this is chunky or whatever. I thought it was very smooth. I am reviewing the one from the 5 Cool Capers Holiday 2009 set, however, so maybe they made some changes. I used this for a highlighter on the brow for the look I chose to do first. This is a really nice light pink with kind of white/silver cast. Its very metallic and pretty. I used it over primer and it stayed all day without a problem. I would not have bought this on its own, but with the set of other complimentary piggies, this is a very nice shade to have!