MAC Pigment in Kitschmas

MAC Pigment in Kitschmas
MAC Kitschmas Pigment

3.6

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love the color but it's super chunky. I'ts very girlish looking and fun. Although it's a pain to apply the effort is worth the beauty. Nice, fun look for dark complection A.A. women. Will not repurchase only becuse a little goes a long way so I doubt I'll ever need to replace.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a beautiful pigment. However, it is quite chunky in texture and not very smooth or silky in application and since I have been spoiled by other MAC pigments that are way easier to blend and nice & silky, I don't love this one.

that being said, this is a beautiful, blue toned lilac purple color with shimmery, shimmery silver glittery shine. It has fall out too.

I think this color is pretty dupeable, so I would bet that you can find similar colors with Aromaleigh or Fyrinnae, so I am saying it isn't a must have. On the other hand, it wasn't expensive for a small sample in a sifter jar which you can get for swaps or from many online etailers.

I will probably not repurchase when I run out, but this is very pretty. It is really just too shimmery for me to really use it every day, and that is really more of a personal preference. If you like shimmery and shiney, you will love this. I am glad I got a sample and will definitely use up what I have because it is so pretty, but I will try to duplicate this color with other pigments and try to get the texture to be less chunky.

on 1/3/2008 10:20:00 AM

This is my first piggie purchase and I bought it with the Originals line. At first was a little tentative cause wasn't too sure on how to use. Dry it's okay very glittery, wet it's FAB! Lot better color payoff. This stayed on all day and all night with no problems and no primer. It's a gorgeous silvery, mauvey, purpleish color to me. The container is huge which I love but not to crazy about having to be careful to open it. Other than that will repurchase if and when I run out. NC42.

on 5/3/2007 4:53:00 PM

This is a pretty, soft shimmery silver-lavender which looks nice with Trax, Shadowy Lady e/s and Violet pigment. It's so frosty that I shy away from it, though. I am glad I have a sample in my collection but this is not a shade I would buy.

on 12/26/2006 10:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Got a sample of this from a nice MAC sa. To me it looks like a cool pale pink with silver. Doesnt show up too much on me but I like it as a wash cuz even with the silver flakes in it, its still not too sparkly like other MAC piggies tend to be. Doubt Ill be purchasing a full size after the sample runs out cuz its not a must have color for me.

on 9/25/2006 1:30:00 PM

I bought a 1/4 tsp of this from the same e-bay seller that I bought my All-Girl pigment sample. I like this pale icy lavendar color to bring out the green in my eyes. Again, I like but don't love this color, and when my sample runs out, I probably wouldn't try to get another decant.

on 5/8/2006 6:17:00 PM

Like so many of the pigments this one is gorgeous in the pot but just glitter and shine when you put it on. It looks like neon silver something or other...not good.

on 9/23/2005 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Kitschmas is pretty, but to me it's just not "all that."
It is a pretty pale mauve with a touch of lavender and tons of silver shimmer. I didn't detect any glitter in mine, just shimmer. This is sort of a mauve-tinted version of "Frost."
You could probably find this color in a drugstore eyeshadow, but not that high-wattage Pigment shimmer. Kitchmas looks nice with my green eyes and cool coloring, but when I use up my sample, I don't expect to seek a full-size.
If, however, pale, icy, shimmery pastels are your "thing," by all means try this!

on 3/27/2005 5:07:00 AM

This is such a pretty pigment, as I adore pink/lilac shades in makeup, but sadly Kitschmas is a tad too sparkly for my liking. I've tried blending it with matte eyeshadows in an attempt to reduce the effect, but the shimmer is still too OTT.

on 2/22/2005 2:37:00 PM

I expected this piggie to have more prounounced color. Its beautiful, I am a PPP with green eyes and freckles and I have to load my brush up a couple of times to get the kind of effect I want. Frosty, lilac-y shade.