Murad Acne Spot Treatment

Murad Acne Spot Treatment

3.1

Active Ingredients: Sulfur 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Zinc Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 7/23/2016 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I feel like there are cheaper versions of this product that are more effective. I bought this AGES ago and just finished it. I have pretty consistent acne, but this did very little to remedy it. "Fast-acting" is not at all how I would describe this. Sometimes this would minimize my acne, but over the course of several days. It also took a long time to absorb into the skin, like 5 minutes or more. This was inconsistently effective overall. I'm sure you can buy something at a drug store that would be cheaper and have similar ingredients (or better).

got this product in a deluxe sample size from sephora, it has lasted me ages, but that's mostly because i don't use it.
the product itself does nothing to my pesky pimples, it just leaves a nice red splot where i apply the cream (normally the redness lasts a couple days). so if you want to get a nice red mark on your face, but at least minimize the pimple....id use some toothpaste.
this product is so not worth it.

on 4/15/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff did absolutely nothing for me. Every month during my cycle I break out on my chin. Nothing too serious, anywhere from 3-5 pimples at the most, but sometimes they can be whoppers. I apply this treatment and there is no noticeable difference at all. If I use a sterilized needle to drain said pimple and apply Neosporin afterwards, it decreases the pimple to 1/3 of the size and almost all the redness is gone. It would make sense that an anti-bacterial cream would be the most effective for those that are especially enflamed. I wish I had thought to start using it sooner instead of wasting money on things like acne spot treatments.

on 10/26/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Did absolutely nothing for my pimples. Didn't irritate my skin but really, water would have been just as effective (or in this case non effective). I noticed absolutely no diminishment in the size or color of my pimples.

Would definitely not repurchase. All the drugstore brands I have tried have been more effective than this 3.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment.

on 10/7/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Gave brown spots on my acne. Decided to try this after my Neutrogena acne spot treatment ran out and it was a terrible idea. My drugstore treatment is even better than this. This one did nothing on my face, returned it and the brown spots was still there for 3 more days. My face healed and my acne is even better without this. No more Murad acne treatment for me.

on 7/23/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yikes! I used this once, and it left brown spots on my face. No matter how many times I washed my face, the brown spots stayed there. It was also hard to apply my MU, because the MU would not stick to the brown spots- (*I used a primer). It's like dried glue, in terms of trying to apply my MU. I would not use this again, and I won't be repurchasing this. There are other/ better, face products in the market that don't leave brown spots.

Just fyi, I am a woc- so I'm not sure how this would work on other skin tones. YMMV.

This stuff dries out my skin like crazy and seems to do very little to clear up my breakouts. I keep trying it hoping that it will work well, but I'm disappointed every time. My acne goes away slightly faster when I use it, but it's not worth the awful dry, flaky patches I end up with for at least a week afterward. I use a small amount of product only once a day and it's still the most drying acne product I've ever used. Plus, if I use it along my jawline (where I get a large portion of my breakouts) my skin gets really itchy and I end up with red spots that take a few days to go away.

Obviously it works well for some people, but if you have skin that's prone to flaking after I breakout I would not recommend it. Definitely not worth the price for me.

I really like this!
I first tried this a long time ago when sulfur was the active ingredient, which I much preferred. I still find this super effective with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
It is pricey, so I prefer the clean and clear persa gel,

Murad is a wonderful brand and this is a great product, I just wish they didn't switch the formula from sulfur

on 2/28/2015 1:57:00 PM

I really like this spot treatment for hormonal acne and stubborn breakouts that appear under the skin and take forever to come to a head. I have never really been a fan of salicylic spot treatments as I find they only dry out the spot and surrounding area and do nothing to help make it go away but this product is sulfur based which I find not only helps to make the bumps smaller, but also helps to make the surrounding redness lessened so you are only left with a bump instead of a red bump.
A tiny bit goes a long way and I usually apply this product at night after cleansing and before applying my treatments or moisturizer only to areas where I have a spot or where I feel a spot coming on. With this particular spot treatment I find that if you catch it fast enough, you can sometimes even prevent it from showing up!
The only other spot treatment I have ever liked was the emergency lotion from clinique which was benzoyl peroxide based and unfortunately was discontinued. The Murad Acne Spot Treatment is the closest thing I have found and until I can find something I like better, I will continue to repurchase!

It was an alright product, somewhat effective and do speed up process for acne to go away, can be drying sometimes, but always make the pimple really big before making it go away which can be annoying:
full review here