Murad Acne Spot Treatment

Murad Acne Spot Treatment

3.0

Active Ingredients: Sulfur 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Zinc Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 3/3/2017 10:00:00 AM

This product doesn't seem to do much at all; I've tried it quite a few times over the course of about six months. I use it on occasional hormonal chin breakouts, the angry red kind that hurt and sit under the surface for a while before erupting; and I can't say that I've noticed much difference. I also find it impossible to rub in, and given that it's not a clear lotion this is a real problem. Even if wash my face first it's very visible, particularly when first applied, but even once it's dried; it's noticeable enough that I'm too self conscious to use this during the day. The hunt for the elusive emergency spot treatment that actually works continues!

on 7/23/2016 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I feel like there are cheaper versions of this product that are more effective. I bought this AGES ago and just finished it. I have pretty consistent acne, but this did very little to remedy it. "Fast-acting" is not at all how I would describe this. Sometimes this would minimize my acne, but over the course of several days. It also took a long time to absorb into the skin, like 5 minutes or more. This was inconsistently effective overall. I'm sure you can buy something at a drug store that would be cheaper and have similar ingredients (or better).

on 4/15/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff did absolutely nothing for me. Every month during my cycle I break out on my chin. Nothing too serious, anywhere from 3-5 pimples at the most, but sometimes they can be whoppers. I apply this treatment and there is no noticeable difference at all. If I use a sterilized needle to drain said pimple and apply Neosporin afterwards, it decreases the pimple to 1/3 of the size and almost all the redness is gone. It would make sense that an anti-bacterial cream would be the most effective for those that are especially enflamed. I wish I had thought to start using it sooner instead of wasting money on things like acne spot treatments.

on 10/26/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Did absolutely nothing for my pimples. Didn't irritate my skin but really, water would have been just as effective (or in this case non effective). I noticed absolutely no diminishment in the size or color of my pimples.

Would definitely not repurchase. All the drugstore brands I have tried have been more effective than this 3.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment.

got this product in a deluxe sample size from sephora, it has lasted me ages, but that's mostly because i don't use it.
the product itself does nothing to my pesky pimples, it just leaves a nice red splot where i apply the cream (normally the redness lasts a couple days). so if you want to get a nice red mark on your face, but at least minimize the pimple....id use some toothpaste.
this product is so not worth it.

on 10/7/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Gave brown spots on my acne. Decided to try this after my Neutrogena acne spot treatment ran out and it was a terrible idea. My drugstore treatment is even better than this. This one did nothing on my face, returned it and the brown spots was still there for 3 more days. My face healed and my acne is even better without this. No more Murad acne treatment for me.

I really like this!
I first tried this a long time ago when sulfur was the active ingredient, which I much preferred. I still find this super effective with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
It is pricey, so I prefer the clean and clear persa gel,

Murad is a wonderful brand and this is a great product, I just wish they didn't switch the formula from sulfur

on 2/28/2015 1:57:00 PM

I really like this spot treatment for hormonal acne and stubborn breakouts that appear under the skin and take forever to come to a head. I have never really been a fan of salicylic spot treatments as I find they only dry out the spot and surrounding area and do nothing to help make it go away but this product is sulfur based which I find not only helps to make the bumps smaller, but also helps to make the surrounding redness lessened so you are only left with a bump instead of a red bump.
A tiny bit goes a long way and I usually apply this product at night after cleansing and before applying my treatments or moisturizer only to areas where I have a spot or where I feel a spot coming on. With this particular spot treatment I find that if you catch it fast enough, you can sometimes even prevent it from showing up!
The only other spot treatment I have ever liked was the emergency lotion from clinique which was benzoyl peroxide based and unfortunately was discontinued. The Murad Acne Spot Treatment is the closest thing I have found and until I can find something I like better, I will continue to repurchase!

on 7/23/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yikes! I used this once, and it left brown spots on my face. No matter how many times I washed my face, the brown spots stayed there. It was also hard to apply my MU, because the MU would not stick to the brown spots- (*I used a primer). It's like dried glue, in terms of trying to apply my MU. I would not use this again, and I won't be repurchasing this. There are other/ better, face products in the market that don't leave brown spots.

Just fyi, I am a woc- so I'm not sure how this would work on other skin tones. YMMV.

This stuff dries out my skin like crazy and seems to do very little to clear up my breakouts. I keep trying it hoping that it will work well, but I'm disappointed every time. My acne goes away slightly faster when I use it, but it's not worth the awful dry, flaky patches I end up with for at least a week afterward. I use a small amount of product only once a day and it's still the most drying acne product I've ever used. Plus, if I use it along my jawline (where I get a large portion of my breakouts) my skin gets really itchy and I end up with red spots that take a few days to go away.

Obviously it works well for some people, but if you have skin that's prone to flaking after I breakout I would not recommend it. Definitely not worth the price for me.