Murad Acne Spot Treatment

Murad Acne Spot Treatment

3.1

Active Ingredients: Sulfur 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Sclerotium Gum, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Zinc Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 11/25/2018 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

This spot treatment has a serum consistency, which I like because it's invisible and I can wear it under makeup or around the house without having a bunch of white dots all over my face! The only reason I rated this product 4/5 stars is because I didn't notice any rapid reduction in size or redness, it was very gradual. However, using it consistently has definitely helped me achieve results! Another bonus is this spot treatment did not irritate my skin or cause any kind of burning sensation like some spot treatments do.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It’s effective. Definitely does the job but expensive.

on 3/3/2017 10:00:00 AM

This product doesn't seem to do much at all; I've tried it quite a few times over the course of about six months. I use it on occasional hormonal chin breakouts, the angry red kind that hurt and sit under the surface for a while before erupting; and I can't say that I've noticed much difference. I also find it impossible to rub in, and given that it's not a clear lotion this is a real problem. Even if wash my face first it's very visible, particularly when first applied, but even once it's dried; it's noticeable enough that I'm too self conscious to use this during the day. The hunt for the elusive emergency spot treatment that actually works continues!

on 7/23/2016 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I feel like there are cheaper versions of this product that are more effective. I bought this AGES ago and just finished it. I have pretty consistent acne, but this did very little to remedy it. "Fast-acting" is not at all how I would describe this. Sometimes this would minimize my acne, but over the course of several days. It also took a long time to absorb into the skin, like 5 minutes or more. This was inconsistently effective overall. I'm sure you can buy something at a drug store that would be cheaper and have similar ingredients (or better).

got this product in a deluxe sample size from sephora, it has lasted me ages, but that's mostly because i don't use it.
the product itself does nothing to my pesky pimples, it just leaves a nice red splot where i apply the cream (normally the redness lasts a couple days). so if you want to get a nice red mark on your face, but at least minimize the pimple....id use some toothpaste.
this product is so not worth it.

on 4/15/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff did absolutely nothing for me. Every month during my cycle I break out on my chin. Nothing too serious, anywhere from 3-5 pimples at the most, but sometimes they can be whoppers. I apply this treatment and there is no noticeable difference at all. If I use a sterilized needle to drain said pimple and apply Neosporin afterwards, it decreases the pimple to 1/3 of the size and almost all the redness is gone. It would make sense that an anti-bacterial cream would be the most effective for those that are especially enflamed. I wish I had thought to start using it sooner instead of wasting money on things like acne spot treatments.

on 10/26/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Did absolutely nothing for my pimples. Didn't irritate my skin but really, water would have been just as effective (or in this case non effective). I noticed absolutely no diminishment in the size or color of my pimples.

Would definitely not repurchase. All the drugstore brands I have tried have been more effective than this 3.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment.

on 10/7/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Gave brown spots on my acne. Decided to try this after my Neutrogena acne spot treatment ran out and it was a terrible idea. My drugstore treatment is even better than this. This one did nothing on my face, returned it and the brown spots was still there for 3 more days. My face healed and my acne is even better without this. No more Murad acne treatment for me.

on 7/23/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yikes! I used this once, and it left brown spots on my face. No matter how many times I washed my face, the brown spots stayed there. It was also hard to apply my MU, because the MU would not stick to the brown spots- (*I used a primer). It's like dried glue, in terms of trying to apply my MU. I would not use this again, and I won't be repurchasing this. There are other/ better, face products in the market that don't leave brown spots.

Just fyi, I am a woc- so I'm not sure how this would work on other skin tones. YMMV.

This stuff dries out my skin like crazy and seems to do very little to clear up my breakouts. I keep trying it hoping that it will work well, but I'm disappointed every time. My acne goes away slightly faster when I use it, but it's not worth the awful dry, flaky patches I end up with for at least a week afterward. I use a small amount of product only once a day and it's still the most drying acne product I've ever used. Plus, if I use it along my jawline (where I get a large portion of my breakouts) my skin gets really itchy and I end up with red spots that take a few days to go away.

Obviously it works well for some people, but if you have skin that's prone to flaking after I breakout I would not recommend it. Definitely not worth the price for me.