The Body Shop Vanilla EDT

The Body Shop Vanilla EDT

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/17/2016 7:30:00 AM

This EDT has gone through several reformulations...my favorite version is the one from 10 years ago (or before 2010). After that it was an insipid little nothing. The most recent formulation (I think since last year or the year before?) is pretty good. Close to the 'Vanilla Vanille' that I loved back in college, except now it's just called Vanilla edt...there's a brown-sugar nuance to this vanilla that sets it apart from other similarly-priced vanillas like YvesRocher and Victoria Secret. The only drawback to this scent is that it only lasts an hour or two...the old formulation Vanilla-Vanille would last 4-6 hours on me and had sillage...I remember my sister would complain about my scent being too cloying when I'd walk in the room. Oh well. I'll continue to repurchase as long as they stop tweaking the formula. Just keep it the way it is, it smells delicious. If they want to change something, then make it more long lasting and up the concentration abit.
I only wish they would bring back the vanilla perfume oil...that stuff was amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I looove this perfume. It simply smells of vanilla - nothing else. Very innocent yet sensual.
However I do have a couple of faults with it; the spritzer attachment is very flimsy (mine broke off and wasn't able to attach again) and the lovely scent only sticks around for a short time.

To Read all 69 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/10/2014 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I love, love, love this sweet, natural smelling vanilla EDT. I keep a bottle on hand and spray it in my hair before I head out the door every day. It makes me happy! If you like vanilla scents, I think this is the best. The container lasts me a very long time, too. (This is not discontinued, but they did change the look of the container just slightly. Still a nice spray in a glass bottle.) This is an HG product for me.

on 8/3/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a straight-up vanilla scent with a tad of powderiness to it. I got it unintentionally in a set of vanilla shower gel, soap, and lotion, and I find it's nice. Just nice. It's a very simple, sweet gourmand. I like this as aromatherapy at home (spraying my bedsheets), or when I'm baking (just to get in the mood hahaha), or maybe layer with another fragrance.

It's definitely not a must-have, and I won't even repurchase. If you like vanilla, it's nice for smelling occasionally, and that's about it.

AMAZING!! I love spraying this at any season! Sadly, I can't find it at any of my local body shop stores :( so I think it's discontinued. If I did find it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

on 6/8/2013 8:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Does anybody else lose the nice initial vanilla smell after a few minutes? It starts off lovely then drys down to a horrible wood smell!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This scent is amazing.. my God, it's delicious. However, it dosen't last. At all. So back it goes. Even the lotion. So yummy! But lasts for maybe, 20 minutes. :(

on 10/13/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a nice basic vanilla scent. Great for layering with other scents. Affordable too. My only complaint is the bottle. When I removed the cap, it pulled the spritzer off and left it lodged in the cap. I had to use tweezers to get it out. I was able to put the spritzer back on the bottle and I decided to just leave the cap off.

on 6/30/2012 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would normally give this 4 stars but for the price, why not 5? I like about 20% of vanilla-heavy scents, the rest are too cloying. This is one vanilla I keep going back to. It is not that it isn't sweet and it certainly isn't complicated - so it's hard to explain why I keep it in my collection (this is my second bottle). It's simple and balanced. On me, it stays fairly close to the skin but not extremely so and it lasts fine but is not heavy. Works great in winter. I use it in tiny doses for layering sometimes in the summer.

This perfume has a straight up vanilla scent, that's all it is. no top notes, or base notes or anything just vanilla. Boring and overpowering if worn alone. BUT... i bought this for layering over other perfumes. I lovee sweet perfumes but i also love DKNY Delicious Night which is a total sex bomb perfume. Wayy too dark and rich to wear alone for me. so i put a tiny spritz of that and a mist of TBS vanilla and its the PERFECT balance.
Lasts all day too. Love this stuff for layering.

Popular Fragrances