REVLON Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by eye Color : Green
REVLON Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.6

on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

on 1/21/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely the brightest lipstick I've ever worn. I was looking for Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick, but CVS was out and I settled for this. It's definitely a very true red with no orange/yellow tones at all. I'm very pale, so this color is a bit shocking on me. My husband stared at me after I put it on. When I asked if he liked it, he replied with a grimace, "It's just so......bright.". On the bright side (LOL), it's a very nice formula and doesn't dry my lips out at all. It's really comfortable and wears extremely well throughout the day. After several hours of wear, it faded into a flattering mauve-berry shade. In the end, I decided to return this. I just don't think I'll wear it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! This may sound a little crazy, but I apply a little gloss then I put this over it. It adds a beautiful pop of color to my lip without being too harsh or bright. I don't usually use this alone (w/o the gloss) but I have found that when I do, it has great staying power. Its a little bit dry though. But I give it 5 lippies since since I love using it with my lip gloss. And its not too pricey either!

on 6/5/2010 10:07:00 PM

this is my very first red lipstick. I didn't think I could wear red and was nervous to try it so i did some research on the best color for my skin tone. I was orriginally going to buy revlon fire and ice but found it wasn't red enough, so i bought love that red and i really do love it. its sexy and powerfull.

on 6/7/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am soooo not a lipstick girl. I stay away from anything overly pigmented mostly because my lips aren't in the best condition and I always end up looking like a little girl who raided her mommy's makeup bag while playing dress-up.
I never imagined wearing obvious colors, especially red lipstick. But over time as I changed my hair color and made the choice to stay my natural, pale self I've noticed that I can probably pull off red a lot better. So I went out in search of the perfect shade of red lipstick. I basically looked at all the drug store brands, collected all the true red lipsticks that they had and decided to go with this Super Lustrous Revlon in Love That Red. It looked like the only one that was more blue than orange or brown, and one that would work best with my skin tone.

I came home and immediately read the reviews. I was very pleased to see that most of them are positive. I just tried the color not long ago and am very pleased. It's a nice shade of red out of all the ones I looked at (at least the ones that were reasonably priced).
Although I plan on using this lipstick more as a stain, I tried it full on and it looks great. I never thought I could pull off red but it looks really good. I don't plan on wearing this color heavily and very frequently because I'm just not used to wearing lipstick and I prefer to wear more makeup on my eyes anyway. But this will work wonderfully as a stain, especially with some lipgloss on top. I'm glad I got it since it was reasonably priced ($5) and a great shade that goes well with my skin/hair color.

Update: I wore it recently quite a few times and my boyfriend was surprised when he saw it for the first time. He said he was "scared" of my lips because they were so bright, but admitted that he really liked. He also commented that my lips looked pefrect and the overall makeup made me look like a doll. I'm glad I bought it because I plan on wearing it much more frequently than I thought I would.

on 8/18/2008 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A true classic that should be in every womans' make up collection. A proper grown-up red that goes with everything, well, except the obvious, like an orange top or a blue overall! :) But you know what I mean. Good for job interviews and classy dinner-dates. The best red out there.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The most perfect "vintage" red that I wear when I feel particularly empowered or if I'm wearing something 30's or 40's inspired. Very glam, very vintage, very fab!

This is one of my favorite lipsticks ever! I love Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Love That Red for many reasons! For a matte lipstick, it doesn't leave my lips dry at all. It lasts all day and I can go 10 hours without having to apply it again. It is a gorgeous, dark wam toned red shade. This shade was worn by pin-up models in the 1940's. I feel so glamourous when I wear this lovely shade! At $6.50 a tube, you can't go wrong with this lipstick!

A nice red, just a little orangey for me (I am a very pale blonde with pinkish blue undertones.)
Does last quite well, and I purchased this as a holiday special with a matching gloss (which was very nice although the packaging was on the messy side.)