Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.4

on 1/6/2014 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another fantastic red on my cool toned pale skin! It doesn't make my teeth look yellow. The formula is also hydrating and long lasting. This is my favorite out of all the red shades I've purchased by Revlon.

on 9/26/2009 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing lipstick for years in almost every shade from pink to red. About the only lipsticks I do not wear are nudes/browns/plums. So I'm not afraid of color by any means. I was in the market for a new red lipstick and wanted something from the Revlon Super Lustrous line since I have a few berry shades in this brand and they are my favorite in terms of comfortable wear. I love that there is no scent or flavor and this line does not make my lips peel or flake.

While Love That Red is a stunning, delicious color and one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I'm afraid the lipstick version isn't really the HG effect I was hoping for.

Love That Red is totally a red shade. It is not bordering on berry/pink by any means, nor is it orangey-red or coral. However, it's just so BRIGHT. Worn full strength it's very bright but not in a fire engine red kind of way. While this lipstick is red, the undertone seems to be hot pink. Worn as a stain, I would have loved a subtle red that I could pair with lip balm for a sheer light red stain. But the stain this leaves on me is hot, hot pink. While I do like pink lipstick too, this stain looks almost crayonish on me -- when worn off it looks like I have applied pink highlighter marker to my lips. I have fair skin, with pink/blue tones. I will not give up on this shade though. I have blended it with other shades to experiment. I just know I was really hoping for a red I could just swipe on without much thought, like many of the other lipsticks I have.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice, vibrant red. It looks like it edges more on the warmer side than the cool. It looks very pretty on the lips and brightens my face. I purchased this a long time ago when it was packaged with a coordinating lipgloss. I would buy again because it is a great cherry red.

FINALLY a red that looks classic and elegant on me. Granted, I'm not brave enough to wear it full on (maybe with a couple totties in me, ha) but a little swipe with some lipgloss over the top looks absolutely awesome. I agree with other reviewers that it works WONDEFULLY as a stain as well. I love the formula, though it is messy, it's nice and creamy. Perfect Red.

on 11/27/2007 8:32:00 PM

This is an HG of mine...the perfect, classic red. The formula is rich, pigmented, and not dry. I will repurchase this.

on 12/19/2003 9:28:00 PM

Yes this is bright red but if that is what you want you got it here. I love it. I am PPP and sometimes this is just what I want. I get compliments on it too. However, i do blot it, use it lightly during the day. There is no need to put this on heavily.

on 6/20/2003 10:50:00 PM

Nice feel but, if there were such a thing as day-glo red than this is it. It dosen't look bad on my FFF skintone, I would just be way too self conscous wearing such a floursent color. My search continues for the right red. This one is going back to the store.