Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was lucky enough to get this on sale for 5$ and since revlon is normally pretty expensive at the DS, I was glad enough to snap up a backup as well. I loved the shade at first swipe and its creamy texture makes me love reapplying it as well. The shade is slightly cooler than Fire&Ice from the same line, which makes it more appropriate for wintertime. This bright red is not everybody's cup of tea but it awakens your complexion like no one's business. It's a must have for fair to medium skintones, as long as your don't have too much olive in your skin (it would clash with olive tones and turn pink). This looks great with a bit of mascara and a touch of coral blush.

on 4/3/2014 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I don't know what voodoo magic this stuff does to me but it's pink not red. And it look so awful on me. Thank god it's so cheap, or I would be really upset. If you have any way of trying it on before you buy, DO! It like all other lipsticks changes with your skintone. So whack it on and figure it out.

on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

on 11/15/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range. I bought this lovely lipstick last week for only SGD$12.90 (U.P: SGD$18.90). Didn't regret my decision 'cos the color is very pigmented & doesn't bleed. It looks even better when I draw my lips beforehand with Revlon's Lip Liner (shade in 'rosewine'). Looks more defined.

On days when I don't want the color to be too dark, I'll just blot a little and my lips will look natural with a nice subtle shade.

I even bought:
- Another 2 shades (Rosewine, Bali Brown) = same results
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Cherry Tart)

It's really worth it. Go & grab them now! :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Color: 5/5 (Very Pigmented)

Lasting Power: 4.9/5 (It WILL totally go off at the end of the day if you don't re-apply at least ONCE. I mean, which lipstick doesn't, right? Especially if you have your meals, drinks etc.)

Price: 5/5 (Bought it during 'Sale', saved my SGD$6, totally worth it)

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

on 1/21/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely the brightest lipstick I've ever worn. I was looking for Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick, but CVS was out and I settled for this. It's definitely a very true red with no orange/yellow tones at all. I'm very pale, so this color is a bit shocking on me. My husband stared at me after I put it on. When I asked if he liked it, he replied with a grimace, "It's just so......bright.". On the bright side (LOL), it's a very nice formula and doesn't dry my lips out at all. It's really comfortable and wears extremely well throughout the day. After several hours of wear, it faded into a flattering mauve-berry shade. In the end, I decided to return this. I just don't think I'll wear it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! This may sound a little crazy, but I apply a little gloss then I put this over it. It adds a beautiful pop of color to my lip without being too harsh or bright. I don't usually use this alone (w/o the gloss) but I have found that when I do, it has great staying power. Its a little bit dry though. But I give it 5 lippies since since I love using it with my lip gloss. And its not too pricey either!

on 9/26/2009 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing lipstick for years in almost every shade from pink to red. About the only lipsticks I do not wear are nudes/browns/plums. So I'm not afraid of color by any means. I was in the market for a new red lipstick and wanted something from the Revlon Super Lustrous line since I have a few berry shades in this brand and they are my favorite in terms of comfortable wear. I love that there is no scent or flavor and this line does not make my lips peel or flake.

While Love That Red is a stunning, delicious color and one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I'm afraid the lipstick version isn't really the HG effect I was hoping for.

Love That Red is totally a red shade. It is not bordering on berry/pink by any means, nor is it orangey-red or coral. However, it's just so BRIGHT. Worn full strength it's very bright but not in a fire engine red kind of way. While this lipstick is red, the undertone seems to be hot pink. Worn as a stain, I would have loved a subtle red that I could pair with lip balm for a sheer light red stain. But the stain this leaves on me is hot, hot pink. While I do like pink lipstick too, this stain looks almost crayonish on me -- when worn off it looks like I have applied pink highlighter marker to my lips. I have fair skin, with pink/blue tones. I will not give up on this shade though. I have blended it with other shades to experiment. I just know I was really hoping for a red I could just swipe on without much thought, like many of the other lipsticks I have.