Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.3

on 7/9/2015 5:20:00 PM

This lipstick is so gorgeous! It's a vibrant red-orange, but it's not too orange. It's very creamy (it's not matte) and it's so moisturizing. It lasts on your lips for a decent amount of time, it's not as long-lasting as a lip stain, but it doesn't fade very quickly. I would recommend using a lip liner before putting on the lipstick (it makes it last longer and it is a very "in your face" kind of shade.) The price can't be beat and the packaging is decent, it's not the best packaging, it's quite nice, and it's definitely not the worst.

Overall, I really enjoyed this lipstick and the price can't be beat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For only $5, the super lustrous is probably the best revlon lipsticks, with a nice creamy formula and lots of colors to choose from. This is a bright orangey red that I picked up, and although it looked like it would be too bright for my skin, it looked pretty on me. Not my ideal red lippie, but still fun to try out if you want something that will brighten up your face.For reference, I'm between an NC37 and NC42 with golden undertones.
Buy this if you want a bright red, it's only 5 bucks, so why wouldn't you?? :)

on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I also have this nail polish colour, and I think both are fantastic. The lipstick is moisturising and is a beautiful colour. Has a nice finish - not too glossy. I'd definitely buy it again.

on 9/3/2010 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

For a pin up look,with a dark eyeliner,it.s perfect!love the colour!makes you look healthy and happy!love the formula,creamy,onctuous,last long.with a nice red pencil and some foundation around the lips,you got the perfect red lips!

on 6/7/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am soooo not a lipstick girl. I stay away from anything overly pigmented mostly because my lips aren't in the best condition and I always end up looking like a little girl who raided her mommy's makeup bag while playing dress-up.
I never imagined wearing obvious colors, especially red lipstick. But over time as I changed my hair color and made the choice to stay my natural, pale self I've noticed that I can probably pull off red a lot better. So I went out in search of the perfect shade of red lipstick. I basically looked at all the drug store brands, collected all the true red lipsticks that they had and decided to go with this Super Lustrous Revlon in Love That Red. It looked like the only one that was more blue than orange or brown, and one that would work best with my skin tone.

I came home and immediately read the reviews. I was very pleased to see that most of them are positive. I just tried the color not long ago and am very pleased. It's a nice shade of red out of all the ones I looked at (at least the ones that were reasonably priced).
Although I plan on using this lipstick more as a stain, I tried it full on and it looks great. I never thought I could pull off red but it looks really good. I don't plan on wearing this color heavily and very frequently because I'm just not used to wearing lipstick and I prefer to wear more makeup on my eyes anyway. But this will work wonderfully as a stain, especially with some lipgloss on top. I'm glad I got it since it was reasonably priced ($5) and a great shade that goes well with my skin/hair color.

Update: I wore it recently quite a few times and my boyfriend was surprised when he saw it for the first time. He said he was "scared" of my lips because they were so bright, but admitted that he really liked. He also commented that my lips looked pefrect and the overall makeup made me look like a doll. I'm glad I bought it because I plan on wearing it much more frequently than I thought I would.

FINALLY a red that looks classic and elegant on me. Granted, I'm not brave enough to wear it full on (maybe with a couple totties in me, ha) but a little swipe with some lipgloss over the top looks absolutely awesome. I agree with other reviewers that it works WONDEFULLY as a stain as well. I love the formula, though it is messy, it's nice and creamy. Perfect Red.

on 11/15/2006 9:33:00 PM

Brilliant, cherry red with a smooth, creamy, shiny finish. Very '40s starlet/maraschino. But it's also kind of messy and not something one should use without a lipliner. Even blotted down, it tended to get on everything. I don't think I'll repurchase as I'm not a red lipstick kind of gal, but these reformulated Super Lustrous lipsticks are a really fab drugstore buy--great texture (for the creams and satins, at least), pigmentation, no scent or taste and inexpensive enough that you can buy a handful for the amount that you'd pay for one Chanel lippie.