Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was lucky enough to get this on sale for 5$ and since revlon is normally pretty expensive at the DS, I was glad enough to snap up a backup as well. I loved the shade at first swipe and its creamy texture makes me love reapplying it as well. The shade is slightly cooler than Fire&Ice from the same line, which makes it more appropriate for wintertime. This bright red is not everybody's cup of tea but it awakens your complexion like no one's business. It's a must have for fair to medium skintones, as long as your don't have too much olive in your skin (it would clash with olive tones and turn pink). This looks great with a bit of mascara and a touch of coral blush.

on 7/9/2015 5:20:00 PM

This lipstick is so gorgeous! It's a vibrant red-orange, but it's not too orange. It's very creamy (it's not matte) and it's so moisturizing. It lasts on your lips for a decent amount of time, it's not as long-lasting as a lip stain, but it doesn't fade very quickly. I would recommend using a lip liner before putting on the lipstick (it makes it last longer and it is a very "in your face" kind of shade.) The price can't be beat and the packaging is decent, it's not the best packaging, it's quite nice, and it's definitely not the worst.

Overall, I really enjoyed this lipstick and the price can't be beat.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LTR: Acronym for 'Love That Red'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this on a sale at 30% off.

Color: A beautiful neutral red. LTR is neither too cool nor too warm. In fact, I think it is really interesting red because it seems to change a little with the lighting. Also, it comes across as a slightly pinky-red on me. Hmmm, intriguing. Judging from my personal experiences and the other reviews on MUA, I'm pretty sure this is a shade of red that works with your skintone. I feel that LTR looks amazingly chic with an all-black ensemble - black dress, black ballet flats and a black clutch. I love to pair this outfit with China Glaze 'Merry Berry' nail polish for a Parisian chic flair. Quite Chanel, I think. Simple yet sexy. This is a color I would whip out for a formal event, a concert or even a classy dinner date with my SO. Yet I wouldn't hesitate wearing it everyday with a simple, minimalistic ensemble too. However, to each his/her own, so wear it with whatever fashion ensemble of your desire. (:

Formula: Perfect. Creamy, opaque in a single swipe and not drying. I like to slick on some chapstick just to add a little bit of moisture to my lips. Longevity is good because LTR stains well - say 3-4 hours. Reapplication is usually done is small dabs - a little goes a long way.

Highly, highly recommend this color. A really beautiful red lipstick. I dare say I love this more than CHANEL Rouge Coco 'Gabrielle' because it does slip and move around that much, and has better lasting power; I definitely love LTR more than my M.A.C. Amplified Creme lipsticks because the M.A.C. ones are slightly drying and cost more than what they can do for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I also have this nail polish colour, and I think both are fantastic. The lipstick is moisturising and is a beautiful colour. Has a nice finish - not too glossy. I'd definitely buy it again.

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite red for a neutral bright red. No blue based tones (at least on me). This formula is great - stays on for a while without drying your lips, and no scent. I say this because the Loreal line is very moisturizing but really doesn't stay on very long - it's not as pigmented as the Loreal. Highly recommend!!!

If you DO want a blue-based red, I recommend Revlon's Certainly Red - same great pigmentation and formula, but just darker and more blue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love the color of this lipstick! This may sound a little crazy, but I apply a little gloss then I put this over it. It adds a beautiful pop of color to my lip without being too harsh or bright. I don't usually use this alone (w/o the gloss) but I have found that when I do, it has great staying power. Its a little bit dry though. But I give it 5 lippies since since I love using it with my lip gloss. And its not too pricey either!

on 6/5/2010 10:07:00 PM

this is my very first red lipstick. I didn't think I could wear red and was nervous to try it so i did some research on the best color for my skin tone. I was orriginally going to buy revlon fire and ice but found it wasn't red enough, so i bought love that red and i really do love it. its sexy and powerfull.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice, vibrant red. It looks like it edges more on the warmer side than the cool. It looks very pretty on the lips and brightens my face. I purchased this a long time ago when it was packaged with a coordinating lipgloss. I would buy again because it is a great cherry red.