REVLON Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by skin type : Combination
REVLON Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.7

on 7/9/2015 5:20:00 PM

This lipstick is so gorgeous! It's a vibrant red-orange, but it's not too orange. It's very creamy (it's not matte) and it's so moisturizing. It lasts on your lips for a decent amount of time, it's not as long-lasting as a lip stain, but it doesn't fade very quickly. I would recommend using a lip liner before putting on the lipstick (it makes it last longer and it is a very "in your face" kind of shade.) The price can't be beat and the packaging is decent, it's not the best packaging, it's quite nice, and it's definitely not the worst.

Overall, I really enjoyed this lipstick and the price can't be beat.

on 12/30/2014 6:26:00 PM

I love everything about this lipstick. The color, staying power , color payoff , creaminess and price. It's also readily available at drugstores. Except this time of year, somehow a lot of red lipsticks are out of stock. Anyway, this is a super bright lipstick. I would say a true red but looks kind of pink tone red in the tube. Hands down one of the best red lipsticks drugstore or high end.

I love this color. It's such a fun red- I have a lot of darker, bloodier reds but this one is so much more easy going. Its a warm red, slightly orangey (like a poppy flower color, not an ugly neon). I first purchased Cherry Blossom, but as it was such a cool color it didn't suit me. Love That Red is the same intensity, but is basically the 'warm' version of Cherry Blossom :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love this shade. It really is the perfect red lipstick, and I have worn many HG red lipsticks. It is not too cool and it's not too warm. It pops against my mocha complexion and is not garish, but highly complementary. What I really love about it is that it is very creamy and not drying. What I really, really love about it is that I can apply it, blot it with tissue and achieve a beautiful matte finish that lasts. I only purchase Revlon lipsticks when they are on sale for half price or less, which happens quite frequently (btwn SDM and Rexall, these sales happen about 6x per year). After years of wasting money on HG lipsticks (tsk tsk...I was so misguided), I will stick with Revlon.

love that red is the shade i will always love :-)since it is a bright true red, it doesn't make my teeth appear yellow at all. the lasting power is good but has a tendency to smudge so i deal with this by covering my lips with lip liner before application so that it lasts that long . i'd definitely repurchase considering its performance and affordable price

on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

on 11/15/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range. I bought this lovely lipstick last week for only SGD$12.90 (U.P: SGD$18.90). Didn't regret my decision 'cos the color is very pigmented & doesn't bleed. It looks even better when I draw my lips beforehand with Revlon's Lip Liner (shade in 'rosewine'). Looks more defined.

On days when I don't want the color to be too dark, I'll just blot a little and my lips will look natural with a nice subtle shade.

I even bought:
- Another 2 shades (Rosewine, Bali Brown) = same results
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Cherry Tart)

It's really worth it. Go & grab them now! :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Color: 5/5 (Very Pigmented)

Lasting Power: 4.9/5 (It WILL totally go off at the end of the day if you don't re-apply at least ONCE. I mean, which lipstick doesn't, right? Especially if you have your meals, drinks etc.)

Price: 5/5 (Bought it during 'Sale', saved my SGD$6, totally worth it)

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

on 6/5/2010 10:07:00 PM

this is my very first red lipstick. I didn't think I could wear red and was nervous to try it so i did some research on the best color for my skin tone. I was orriginally going to buy revlon fire and ice but found it wasn't red enough, so i bought love that red and i really do love it. its sexy and powerfull.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a very nice, vibrant red. It looks like it edges more on the warmer side than the cool. It looks very pretty on the lips and brightens my face. I purchased this a long time ago when it was packaged with a coordinating lipgloss. I would buy again because it is a great cherry red.