Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before discovering M.A.C. in 1986, I wore Revlon. Before M.A.C. Russian Red, there was Revlon Love That Red. Yesterday, in a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Love That Red for less than $7 at the supermarket... 30 years after buying my first one. When I put it on, I asked myself: "Why did I ever stray from this perfect, true blue red?" Goes on creamy and stays on. Doesn't feather. Doesn't cake. Doesn't fade. Doesn't dry out my lips. Makes my teeth look super white. Suits my fair-to-medium cool/neutral complexion.

on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LTR: Acronym for 'Love That Red'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this on a sale at 30% off.

Color: A beautiful neutral red. LTR is neither too cool nor too warm. In fact, I think it is really interesting red because it seems to change a little with the lighting. Also, it comes across as a slightly pinky-red on me. Hmmm, intriguing. Judging from my personal experiences and the other reviews on MUA, I'm pretty sure this is a shade of red that works with your skintone. I feel that LTR looks amazingly chic with an all-black ensemble - black dress, black ballet flats and a black clutch. I love to pair this outfit with China Glaze 'Merry Berry' nail polish for a Parisian chic flair. Quite Chanel, I think. Simple yet sexy. This is a color I would whip out for a formal event, a concert or even a classy dinner date with my SO. Yet I wouldn't hesitate wearing it everyday with a simple, minimalistic ensemble too. However, to each his/her own, so wear it with whatever fashion ensemble of your desire. (:

Formula: Perfect. Creamy, opaque in a single swipe and not drying. I like to slick on some chapstick just to add a little bit of moisture to my lips. Longevity is good because LTR stains well - say 3-4 hours. Reapplication is usually done is small dabs - a little goes a long way.

Highly, highly recommend this color. A really beautiful red lipstick. I dare say I love this more than CHANEL Rouge Coco 'Gabrielle' because it does slip and move around that much, and has better lasting power; I definitely love LTR more than my M.A.C. Amplified Creme lipsticks because the M.A.C. ones are slightly drying and cost more than what they can do for me.

Revlon is sold at department stores in some part of Asia and when I picked up the tester, the SA slightly discouraged me to try it on saying it was going to be too bright. Anyways... this color really brightens up my Eurasian light to medium complexion and makes my teeth look whiter. It is true red!. I'm usually a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl but there's something about putting on this color, especially with the matching nail polish, that makes me feel like a vixen in 1930's Shanghai.

on 5/22/2010 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

*** EDIT: HAHA my brother just walked in my room and said I look like the joker with red lip stick on.. despite his criticisms I think it's very fashionable and he is a 12 year old boy who doesn't understand the art of make up .. I am wearing a simple eye with black mascara and red lip stick, a classic look.. And this is a great color/formula!!!

This is my first red lip stick, as I am 19 years old and usually stick to glosses. I think that's how most girls nowadays start out: lip smackers when you're in elementary school, gloss in middle and high school, and lipstick and gloss for college or after high school! Anyway, I am really happy with my purchase, and excited to wear this bright lip stick during the day! I live in the city, so it is quite common for people to express themselves. And this lipstick turns any outfit into a fashionable one. I picture doing a cat eye and wearing this red lipstick on a night out, and during the day wearing a black and white or red and white striped shirt, skinny jeans and this bright red lip stick and messy hair! AH I am so excited for all of the possibilities! I would wear this shade year round. I like the formula a lot, although I don't have much to compare it to.. Still, I have worn enough lip sticks in other colors to know that I like revlon's formula.. Youtube guru's compare it to MAC, which is exciting..

on 6/7/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am soooo not a lipstick girl. I stay away from anything overly pigmented mostly because my lips aren't in the best condition and I always end up looking like a little girl who raided her mommy's makeup bag while playing dress-up.
I never imagined wearing obvious colors, especially red lipstick. But over time as I changed my hair color and made the choice to stay my natural, pale self I've noticed that I can probably pull off red a lot better. So I went out in search of the perfect shade of red lipstick. I basically looked at all the drug store brands, collected all the true red lipsticks that they had and decided to go with this Super Lustrous Revlon in Love That Red. It looked like the only one that was more blue than orange or brown, and one that would work best with my skin tone.

I came home and immediately read the reviews. I was very pleased to see that most of them are positive. I just tried the color not long ago and am very pleased. It's a nice shade of red out of all the ones I looked at (at least the ones that were reasonably priced).
Although I plan on using this lipstick more as a stain, I tried it full on and it looks great. I never thought I could pull off red but it looks really good. I don't plan on wearing this color heavily and very frequently because I'm just not used to wearing lipstick and I prefer to wear more makeup on my eyes anyway. But this will work wonderfully as a stain, especially with some lipgloss on top. I'm glad I got it since it was reasonably priced ($5) and a great shade that goes well with my skin/hair color.

Update: I wore it recently quite a few times and my boyfriend was surprised when he saw it for the first time. He said he was "scared" of my lips because they were so bright, but admitted that he really liked. He also commented that my lips looked pefrect and the overall makeup made me look like a doll. I'm glad I bought it because I plan on wearing it much more frequently than I thought I would.

on 12/30/2014 6:26:00 PM

I love everything about this lipstick. The color, staying power , color payoff , creaminess and price. It's also readily available at drugstores. Except this time of year, somehow a lot of red lipsticks are out of stock. Anyway, this is a super bright lipstick. I would say a true red but looks kind of pink tone red in the tube. Hands down one of the best red lipsticks drugstore or high end.

on 1/21/2011 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is definitely the brightest lipstick I've ever worn. I was looking for Revlon Really Red Matte lipstick, but CVS was out and I settled for this. It's definitely a very true red with no orange/yellow tones at all. I'm very pale, so this color is a bit shocking on me. My husband stared at me after I put it on. When I asked if he liked it, he replied with a grimace, "It's just so......bright.". On the bright side (LOL), it's a very nice formula and doesn't dry my lips out at all. It's really comfortable and wears extremely well throughout the day. After several hours of wear, it faded into a flattering mauve-berry shade. In the end, I decided to return this. I just don't think I'll wear it.

on 10/10/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite red for a neutral bright red. No blue based tones (at least on me). This formula is great - stays on for a while without drying your lips, and no scent. I say this because the Loreal line is very moisturizing but really doesn't stay on very long - it's not as pigmented as the Loreal. Highly recommend!!!

If you DO want a blue-based red, I recommend Revlon's Certainly Red - same great pigmentation and formula, but just darker and more blue.

on 9/26/2009 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been wearing lipstick for years in almost every shade from pink to red. About the only lipsticks I do not wear are nudes/browns/plums. So I'm not afraid of color by any means. I was in the market for a new red lipstick and wanted something from the Revlon Super Lustrous line since I have a few berry shades in this brand and they are my favorite in terms of comfortable wear. I love that there is no scent or flavor and this line does not make my lips peel or flake.

While Love That Red is a stunning, delicious color and one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I'm afraid the lipstick version isn't really the HG effect I was hoping for.

Love That Red is totally a red shade. It is not bordering on berry/pink by any means, nor is it orangey-red or coral. However, it's just so BRIGHT. Worn full strength it's very bright but not in a fire engine red kind of way. While this lipstick is red, the undertone seems to be hot pink. Worn as a stain, I would have loved a subtle red that I could pair with lip balm for a sheer light red stain. But the stain this leaves on me is hot, hot pink. While I do like pink lipstick too, this stain looks almost crayonish on me -- when worn off it looks like I have applied pink highlighter marker to my lips. I have fair skin, with pink/blue tones. I will not give up on this shade though. I have blended it with other shades to experiment. I just know I was really hoping for a red I could just swipe on without much thought, like many of the other lipsticks I have.