Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by age: 25-29
Revlon Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.4

love that red is the shade i will always love :-)since it is a bright true red, it doesn't make my teeth appear yellow at all. the lasting power is good but has a tendency to smudge so i deal with this by covering my lips with lip liner before application so that it lasts that long . i'd definitely repurchase considering its performance and affordable price

on 11/17/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on a misson: To find the brightest primary red lip color possible without a overly glossy finish. This, has been near impossible...every matte or satin bright red I've come across wasn't as "in your face" as I wanted, and the glossy colors I found to not be as classic and wearable. I am a fan of reds. All shades. I don't discriminate. I like different textures, shades and finishes for different looks. I wanted a red that was bold and classic, a 50's pin up shade. Most colors weren't that TRUE red...too pink (MAC Ruby Woo) too dark (MAC Russian Red) too orange (Hourglass Raven) and too glossy ( Kat Von D Outlaw) just to name a few....literally nothing was IT. I went to Chanel and tried every red there...I own almost every Nars red, tired YSL Muse...no. Nothing was doing to for me. SO...I was doing some research on the internet and search vibrant reds. A bunch of different Revlon shades came up, this being one of them. Since Revlon was on a BOGO 50% off at Ulta I decided to try 4 Revlon reds: Fire and Ice, Love that Red, Really Red and Certainly Red. With my $5 off coupon on top of the BOGO, I got all four at around $19 after tax, so a steal! They're all beautiful, just like any red in their own right, but Love That Red is IT. If you want people to see you coming, to see your lips first, this is your red! I would not consider this a good "starter" red. It would probably be too bold for most. Really Red would be a good "classic" choice for most looking to start out with red. But for those of us who already love and own many reds, who want our red not to whisper, but to shout from the roof tops...well here ya go! The finish on this is creamy, smooth...not overly glossy...wears well and makes your teeth look white. Even not on sale I think its around $7 a tube, so def worth experimenting with! If you want a stand out red, give this a try. You WON'T be disappointed. I'm so glad my search is over! Now, onto the next big makeup obession! lol

This is one of my favorite lipsticks ever! I love Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Love That Red for many reasons! For a matte lipstick, it doesn't leave my lips dry at all. It lasts all day and I can go 10 hours without having to apply it again. It is a gorgeous, dark wam toned red shade. This shade was worn by pin-up models in the 1940's. I feel so glamourous when I wear this lovely shade! At $6.50 a tube, you can't go wrong with this lipstick!

A nice red, just a little orangey for me (I am a very pale blonde with pinkish blue undertones.)
Does last quite well, and I purchased this as a holiday special with a matching gloss (which was very nice although the packaging was on the messy side.)

on 6/20/2003 10:50:00 PM

Nice feel but, if there were such a thing as day-glo red than this is it. It dosen't look bad on my FFF skintone, I would just be way too self conscous wearing such a floursent color. My search continues for the right red. This one is going back to the store.

Popular Lipsticks