REVLON Super Lustrous- Love That Red

Filtered by age: 19-24
REVLON Super Lustrous- Love That Red
Super Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That RedSuper Lustrous- Love That Red

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was lucky enough to get this on sale for 5$ and since revlon is normally pretty expensive at the DS, I was glad enough to snap up a backup as well. I loved the shade at first swipe and its creamy texture makes me love reapplying it as well. The shade is slightly cooler than Fire&Ice from the same line, which makes it more appropriate for wintertime. This bright red is not everybody's cup of tea but it awakens your complexion like no one's business. It's a must have for fair to medium skintones, as long as your don't have too much olive in your skin (it would clash with olive tones and turn pink). This looks great with a bit of mascara and a touch of coral blush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LTR: Acronym for 'Love That Red'

Price: SGD $12 - I got this on a sale at 30% off.

Color: A beautiful neutral red. LTR is neither too cool nor too warm. In fact, I think it is really interesting red because it seems to change a little with the lighting. Also, it comes across as a slightly pinky-red on me. Hmmm, intriguing. Judging from my personal experiences and the other reviews on MUA, I'm pretty sure this is a shade of red that works with your skintone. I feel that LTR looks amazingly chic with an all-black ensemble - black dress, black ballet flats and a black clutch. I love to pair this outfit with China Glaze 'Merry Berry' nail polish for a Parisian chic flair. Quite Chanel, I think. Simple yet sexy. This is a color I would whip out for a formal event, a concert or even a classy dinner date with my SO. Yet I wouldn't hesitate wearing it everyday with a simple, minimalistic ensemble too. However, to each his/her own, so wear it with whatever fashion ensemble of your desire. (:

Formula: Perfect. Creamy, opaque in a single swipe and not drying. I like to slick on some chapstick just to add a little bit of moisture to my lips. Longevity is good because LTR stains well - say 3-4 hours. Reapplication is usually done is small dabs - a little goes a long way.

Highly, highly recommend this color. A really beautiful red lipstick. I dare say I love this more than CHANEL Rouge Coco 'Gabrielle' because it does slip and move around that much, and has better lasting power; I definitely love LTR more than my M.A.C. Amplified Creme lipsticks because the M.A.C. ones are slightly drying and cost more than what they can do for me.

on 4/3/2014 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I don't know what voodoo magic this stuff does to me but it's pink not red. And it look so awful on me. Thank god it's so cheap, or I would be really upset. If you have any way of trying it on before you buy, DO! It like all other lipsticks changes with your skintone. So whack it on and figure it out.

I love this color. It's such a fun red- I have a lot of darker, bloodier reds but this one is so much more easy going. Its a warm red, slightly orangey (like a poppy flower color, not an ugly neon). I first purchased Cherry Blossom, but as it was such a cool color it didn't suit me. Love That Red is the same intensity, but is basically the 'warm' version of Cherry Blossom :)

on 1/6/2014 1:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Another fantastic red on my cool toned pale skin! It doesn't make my teeth look yellow. The formula is also hydrating and long lasting. This is my favorite out of all the red shades I've purchased by Revlon.

on 11/15/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It was my first time purchasing Revlon's Lip Range. I bought this lovely lipstick last week for only SGD$12.90 (U.P: SGD$18.90). Didn't regret my decision 'cos the color is very pigmented & doesn't bleed. It looks even better when I draw my lips beforehand with Revlon's Lip Liner (shade in 'rosewine'). Looks more defined.

On days when I don't want the color to be too dark, I'll just blot a little and my lips will look natural with a nice subtle shade.

I even bought:
- Another 2 shades (Rosewine, Bali Brown) = same results
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (Cherry Tart)

It's really worth it. Go & grab them now! :)

Overall Review:

Packaging: 5/5

Color: 5/5 (Very Pigmented)

Lasting Power: 4.9/5 (It WILL totally go off at the end of the day if you don't re-apply at least ONCE. I mean, which lipstick doesn't, right? Especially if you have your meals, drinks etc.)

Price: 5/5 (Bought it during 'Sale', saved my SGD$6, totally worth it)

Results: A+ (Very Satisfied)

Re-purchase?: DEFINITELY! :)

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the lipstick of my life! It's a lovely bright true red that stays on for a very long time without needing to reapply. I always put lip balm on underneath so I can't really comment on how moisturizing this stuff is, but my lips do feel quite lovely once I'm done applying. The color is not one to toy with, but I love it for a pinup/retro look (Revlon's been manufacturing it since 1951!) or when I'm just feeling bold and want a sharp contrast with my wardrobe. The price is fantastic ($5 @ Target) and I don't feel the need to try out any other brands, so I'll just stick with this beaut.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

For only $5, the super lustrous is probably the best revlon lipsticks, with a nice creamy formula and lots of colors to choose from. This is a bright orangey red that I picked up, and although it looked like it would be too bright for my skin, it looked pretty on me. Not my ideal red lippie, but still fun to try out if you want something that will brighten up your face.For reference, I'm between an NC37 and NC42 with golden undertones.
Buy this if you want a bright red, it's only 5 bucks, so why wouldn't you?? :)

on 2/8/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I also have this nail polish colour, and I think both are fantastic. The lipstick is moisturising and is a beautiful colour. Has a nice finish - not too glossy. I'd definitely buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Between this and love that pink i think they are both extremely bright almost garish, but fun, and love that red is prettier. Blotted or applied and then wiped off so it's like a stain, is how i usually use it. Good colour but you need confidence to wear it!