Wet 'n' Wild #414 - Red Red

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This didn't receive 5 lippies from me because it can be difficult to remove. Other than that, this is a classic red polish that stays put and doesn't chip easily. The brush can make application somewhat difficult however. I do like that the shade is bright and dries true to color. For the price, you won't find better.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Probably my favorite red ever in terms of a flattering color, price, availability and application. I'm pale and this specific shade of red looks extremely complimentary on my skin tone. It probably looks really good on a variety of skin tones because it's such a neutral red. It gives me just a touch of like sixties/Mad Men but it's not so retro that it looks like you're in a costume. It's also just really nice for the price. Definitely looks like and performs as a much more expensive product. I know I can get it almost anywhere because drugstores, grocery stores, Target....almost all carry this brand and are everywhere. The only thing I don't really like is the bottle/cap... it's been redone a few times but currently it's a square black bottle cap with a rectangular bottle... definitely looks classier than the long silver cap but I noticed that the brush part detaches from the cap part quite easily now when you open it... it's not too difficult of a fix but it is annoying. However I don't mind putting up with that especially considering the low price.

on 2/27/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Thick, goopy and chips within a day, even with a good base and top coat. Not even worth the 99 cents. Sorry.

on 4/29/2015 10:41:00 AM

I bought this nail polish at my local drugstore, why? It was a pretty color and it was cheap. I have had it on for two days, no chips, no problems.
If some think it is too thick, then add a few drops of nail polish thinner.
I have reviewed several Wet and Wild nail polishes, and I always have a routine (and it works for me). First, apply Opi Chip Skip. Second, apply Cutex "Basework" basecoat. Third, apply one or two coats of nail color. Fourth, apply Essie No Chips Ahead. Make sure you allow each coat to dry completely. Fifth, for touch ups use Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat.
If you cannot find the Chip Skip, basecoat, and Diamond Flash (at your local drugstore), then go to Drugstore.com / Beauty.com (actually these to sites are the same, just different areas).
You may initially find the four products a tad bit expensive, however, they will last you quite a while (depending how often you do your nails).
This method works with expensive, as well as inexpensive nail polishes.
Also, protect your hands and nails by using rubber gloves when doing chores (i.e. washing dishes) around the house. Your hands and nails will thank you (smile).

on 12/9/2014 3:35:00 PM

I just bought this super cheap red for a holiday and it outlasted all others by far. I applied wet'n'wild's "Fergie" brand Glowstick - bright neon color and it ended up clumping. This red didn't show any bumps and wasn't impacted by me attempting to tamper with it at all.
Would definitely buy this again!

on 7/30/2016 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought while in line for paying, for like 1 euro and something. It's just worth that price!
I'm always in for a red polish and wish to try all the cheap options out there (as I work a lot with my hands and there's no way I can get a proper manicure, so god forbids spending more than 5 euros for a polish!) but I won't repurchase this.
The brush is sooo tiny and thin it seems to break at every stroke; pigmentation doesn't show up until the third coat and takes ages to dry, so I just stay there with my hands wide open looking literally at drying paint and regretting some life decisions.
Not recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

The best red polish for a pedicure. Dirt cheap, you could totally get away with only 1 coat (but I am compelled to do at least 2), awesome neutral cherry red that anybody should be able to pull off. I don't really like red polish on my fingernails but on my toes, love it and this is a must have.

on 9/20/2013 9:40:00 AM

Great color! Kind of a fresh and bright red. Went on evenly and looked great. Will use a top coat and hit it out the door. Can't be beat at any price, but the price is also so reasonable that it gets a top rating for that as well!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

In terms of value, this is perhaps the best red I can think of. This thing applies opaque in one coat on me. ONE COAT! The color is crayon red and perfect for those that want that shade and nothing else. I don't wear red polish often because I prefer blues and glitters, but it's a nice treat when I want a quick polish job versus others I own that take more work (sheerer, streakier, etc). All that for 99 cents too, and you can get it for even lower on sale! Definitely one of my best beauty buys ever.

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Dark Skin girls that are afraid of red...try this ASAP.. it's nice and goes on smooth and evenly. I have many reds and this is replacing my Sally Hansen triple shine Playing Koi.

Popular Polishes