Pink Flower Scents (A Zaftig Woman) Blackberry Musk roll on

4.1

on 4/27/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've long been a fan of Trish #9, and have preferred AZW's Blackberry Musk over Trish's #9 body cream (ridiculously expensive and heavy on the shimmer). I got a sample of this with a recent order and, to my surprise, find that I like it better than the original. I put #9 on one arm and AZW on the other, and found that the AZW version has a bit more roundness and depth, a little heavier on the blackberry than #9 (but not overpowering or cloying), and the staying power is light-years better. I've always worn #9 as a transitional fragrance in spring and early fall, but find the AZW version more of a sensual, cuddly, winter scent. It's a real winner for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this after reading some of the reviews (good and bad). I currently wear Trish 9 and wanted to find something a bit cheaper. This was not it, when I put it on all I could smell was a very strong citrus smell, close to that of an orange rind. Far too citrusy for me, and hardly any musk smell. Even once it dried down it there was still a touch too much citrus. Just not for me! I am sticking with Trish 9.

on 12/11/2007 7:55:00 PM

just say no. (wish i had)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this in the EDP roll on, and I absolutely am in love with scent! I don't get the lemon note that some other reviewers have mentioned, but just a juicy blackberry scent that dries down to a sweet musk, and then finally a light fruity vanilla. I have only smelled Trish # 9 once, and this smells very similar to me, but I like this more, because it's a lot cheaper, without smelling fake or cheap. I bought this with a few other items a couple days ago from AZW, and I am pleased with all of the products. I receieved everything three days after I placed my order, and it came with some great free samples too! I not only recommend this product, but I think the company itself is great! BTW, I think there is still a half off sale going on with the perfumes right now, so you might wanna check it out. *Update* After using this a little more, I do detect a lemon note, but it's a sweet creamy lemon note, and it just works so well in this fragrance. After using this a few times, this is becoming one of my favorite fragrances. I can't believe that all this time I have been spending money on expensive perfumes that don't last, or lose my interest, or are just way too common, when AZW was just under my nose! I am so glad I tried this place out thanks to all you other MUA users!!

on 9/5/2006 1:31:00 PM

While I have never tried the original, I must say I love this version. The tartness of the blackberries is mellowed out with vanilla with a musky note that gives it a more complex drydown. I had this in a body souffle several years ago and loved it - Melissa's products are outstanding.

on 6/3/2006 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mmmmmmmmmm. Love this scent. It's blackberry with lemon custard. You'll want to eat it. I also got the blackberry musk shea souffle. It's stress therapy to wear this & layer with the souffle. Thanks to all of you who tried and reviewed it or I would have never found it. I got the Philosophy fragrance with so-called blackberry and it lasted all of ten minutes so I started looking for other's with the blackberry note. I'm happy now.

Ok, I just received this product this week in the mail. I was really upset when I opened it and rubbed the roll-on on my inner wrist. It was a lemon smell, not what I was looking for. I went on to cleaning my house and a little bit later I smelled my wrist. It SMELLED GREAT!!!! like warm berry vanilla. I LOVE this scent!! You just need to get over the lemon scent when you first put it on. I have been using this everyday since I got it and will continue to use it. Found it also lasts all day. Plus the boyfriend loves it too.

on 2/10/2006 8:53:00 PM

I love Trish McEvoy's Blackberry Vanilla Musk, and thought at first, that this was a dead-on dupe. It smelled great from the outside. On my skin, though, it took on this super strong weird chemical smell that I didn't like at all. Will stick to the real thing.

Beautiful fresh blackberry scent. There is a bit of a citrus note but I don't detect any musk. Very long lasting scent. AZW has the best roll ons out there.

Good but I smell a strong citrus scent like others have noted. If that could be toned down I would like it and use it more. That lemon top note really turns me off. Otherwise the price is right, nice packaging just be aware of leaks - don't just throw it in your purse & easy to apply. While I would not repuchase this particular scent, would definately try others.

Popular Fragrances