Wella Color Charm Conditioning Permanent Gel Haircolor

Wella Color Charm Conditioning Permanent Gel Haircolor

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use 3A Dark Ash Brown to cover my grey patch and blends great with my hair.

Isnt Color Charm T18 WHITE Lady??? Someone wrote it was Silver Lady, I believe it is WHITE.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/10/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yup, this is HG. I bought it online for 6$ and the shipping was free. I already have a developer 20 here. I chose Medium ash brown because i've heard that it runs one shade darker AND my hair is porous. The results are AMAZING and long-lasting! Gorgeous color, great shine, great coverage (i don't have greys but i have stubborn red/blond from previous hair dye experiments. It lasts forever....like more than 6 weeks without fading. Koleston perfect was already top notch but this is beyond! THANKS WELLA!!!!

on 7/3/2015 12:09:00 PM

I love the color I got from using Wella Color Charm 8A on my roots - I have highlighted/lowlighted and colored hair. I wanted to save money by coloring my own roots. I have dark brown roots with a lot of red. I used Wella Color Charm crème 8Ash with (one tube) with 4 ounces of 20 developer and a packet of Ardell Corrector Plus (to take out red/gold tones). I bought all 3 at Sally's for $8-9.00. I used a color applicator brush and did my roots (my husband helped me do the back section) - left it on for 45 minutes and my roots came out a nice warm brown - light brown which blends in with my highlights. I am so very happy with my results! A person who works at Sally's recommended to add the color corrector to my color - I was planning on mixing the 8A with a 7NN based on a you tube video I watched but the salesperson said just to use the 8A with the color corrector and it worked! Definitely give it a try. I saved $$$ :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently discovered Wella despite spending half my life in Sallys getting myself, mostly in, and out of trouble. Usually I buy Ion but Wella was running a sale b2g1 free and I've been really disappointed with Ion.

I find Wella to be much much MUCH truer to the swatch, which is saying something if you're hair is nonvirginal (my hair is a total slut, in this regard) and over processed (ah yes, me as well)

Also, the end result is so so so shiny and my hair doesn't leave the process feeling fluffy and dry like it does with box color.

Moreover, the wella gel mixes really really well with developer (unlike Ions which is impossible with a mixing brush and bowl) thus u get a really uniform color. Its also interchangeable with other developers (for the longest time I thought u could only use their demis with their 'developing lotion', but no, any brand works).

Some cons are that the smell is really really potent. Eye wateringish. But if you're drying your hair, you should come to terms with unpleasant smells. Also, 2oz of this + developer doesn't thoroughly saturate my hair like other brands. I think the gel makes it harder to spread around, idk.

If you're used to box color you'll also find that while the color is only 4.99, you'll be spending extra $ on gloves, tint bowl/brush/bottle, and developer but honestly its well worth it.

All in all, I rate Wella 5/5 esp the red shades. Which, btw, if you're looking for the most amazing, rich, natural shade of red hair that people will constantly compliment u on, my mixture is 2 parts 8rg + 1 part 7wb and .5 part (yes, half) 5rg. [I.e. 2 oz 8rg, 1 oz 7wb, and 1/2 oz 5rg plus 7 oz developer] sounds like alot but really it blows any salon color I've ever gotten out of the water. Oh, and one more thing, though the color tubs come with measurements, if u want u can just use tablespoons (I.e. 2 tbsp 8rg, 1 tbsp 7wb, etc] just as long as you're double the amount of developer :)

on 4/19/2015 2:32:00 PM

I have been using Wella colour/toners for probably about 6.5 years now. I've tried several different colours both the liquids and the gels.

My only complaint is the horribly strong smell! No other brand compares to how bad it is, lol.

on 3/9/2015 5:45:00 PM

I have been using this product for several years now. The gel consistency is great, does not drip. I have my son do my hair, LOL and with the 20 developer mixed in it costs appox $4.00 an application. Great product and a tip that I learned is to weigh it rather than measure it. I have a good food scale and it works good. 30 grams gel colour and then add 60 grams developer. A perfect mix every time. Oh yes, I am naturally a meduim brown and I use a 9N to get a very light blond :)

on 2/23/2015 2:31:00 AM

I have medium brown hair (I have been coloring it truffle or chestnut color for years). I wanted it lighter and slightly "blonder" - basically I wanted the rich honey color. I got the ColorCharm dye in Caramel. It gave in a light golden brown color, without the red, which is exactly what I wanted. It is still a bit dark, so I am going to try Tan Blonde shade next.

The dye is very easy to use and mix. The consistency is a little weird when you first start mixing it - it turns into a chunky custard/flan thing, but then thins out a bit. I kept it on for 45 minutes and it was fairly easy to wash off. The hair felt like straw in the shower, which scared me a lot. I used L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm as an after-color conditioner. I let the hair air dry and it fells like silk and looks very healthy and shiny.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The shade selection is really nice too!

P.S. My sister is blond and used the Titian Red dye, which gave her a beautiful coppery/strawberry blond result.

After months of at-home experimentation with different blonde dyes to get my medium/light brown hair to a light ash blonde, I have found my HG. I was trying to gradually lighten by re-dying my whole head every 6-8 weeks with 30 vol. developer and various Ion and Wella dyes, and a drugstore box dye on one occasion (pointless).
The last time I dyed my hair, I used Wella Color Charm 8A (the liquid one), but it ended up darkening my hair rather than lightening it, and the resulting color was not at all like the swatch. However, I was impressed by how much it reduced the ginger tones my hair loves to pull, so I wanted to try a lighter shade of Wella Color Charm.
So last night I gave the 9A Color Charm gel a shot on my strawberry dark blonde hair. I mixed it 2:1 with Ion 30 vol. developer, and left in on for 40 minutes. I am now a convincing, natural-looking medium blonde, and best of all, there is no brass at all! This is the most flattering blonde color I've ever pulled off at home, and the first time I've actually been pleased with the tone. It is not quite the level of ash I'm going for - I want almost grey-ish blonde hair - but I'm thinking with a toner or another dye, I should be close enough.
Other thoughts: the gel is less drying than the liquid Color Charm, which was noticeably more damaging than the Ion Color Brilliance gel dyes I'd tried previously. The smell of the gel is also less noxious than the liquid Color Charm. And I love that because of Wella's 2:1 developer:dye ratio, you end up with quite a bit more dye than with dyes that require 1:1 ratios. When I was using Ion Color Brilliance, the 1:1 ratio mixture was not enough to cover my long hair. This time I actually had dye leftover.
I was about to give up getting the ash blonde hair of my dreams due to my limited success, but thanks to this product, it actually seems achievable. Wella is much better at ridding brass than Ion Color Brilliance, so if battling the ginge is an issue for you, give it a shot!

on 10/3/2013 1:08:00 PM

So my hair is naturally a medium ash blonde, but in the summer I lighten up substantially to bright barbie blonde thanks to the sun. However, in the winter, it goes back to the medium ash color. To even out the color, and correct brassy tones from chlorine, I use 8A medium ash blonde (blue based) with a level 10 developer, mix, apply, and let it sit for 45 minutes. It rinses out well, and is a pretty, neutral ashy blonde, very natural, but not too dark.

Video Reviews & Tutorials