Boots No7 High Shine Lip Gloss

Boots  No7 High Shine Lip Gloss

3.6

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The applicator is cheap and does not apply product uniformly. Has a light sweet berry/fruit scent. Lip gloss is super tacky. I have this in the color Pink Slip which is a very sheer bubble gum pink with some shimmer. It does have a nice glossy shine but not anymore so than any other shiny lip gloss I have used. Not impressed with the ingredient list. This lip gloss does not last long and dries out my lips.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this full size lipgloss in glaze as a part of the free christmas gift box, shimmer dust. I am so glad i got it for free because although there are some good qualities there are not enough that would make me want to repurchase or spend that amount of money.

Ill start with the good qualities :

It is a really nice color in the tube and on the lips
It has really rich pigment

Now the bad qualities :

It is unbelievably sticky to the point where i hate the feeling of it on my lips.
The brush tugs against my lips harshly.

on 9/15/2013 2:41:00 PM

I bought Party Pink, a bubblegum pink shade. The color is fine, the "high shine claim" doesn't live up to much since it's no more shiny than any other lipgloss I own. What I really object to though is how difficult it is to apply this gloss. Glosses shouldn't require this much effort or precision, IMO. It takes too much time and tugging at my lips to get a decent application. At least it's not scented. Just meh.

on 3/7/2012 8:26:00 PM

Boots suck you in big time... you spend 10 pounds or something and then you get a damn voucher to spend on Boots cosmetics :P Yes im a sucker and I got sucked in on holidays. But i think Boots products are really good. Loved the eyeliner and the eyebrow pencils. Love the nail polish, love the highlighter and the green color corrector i got. So when I had to use up my last voucher at the airport i tried out their lipgloss and i bought "Lust" and its a a beautiful gold red with some shimmer.
the lipgloss, isnt too sticky, goes on smoothly, its richly pigmented and very glossy. I find it very moisturing and it lasts as good as any other lip gloss. The only thing im not that big of a fan of is the applicator. Its a brush, and I always prefer a doe foot. But its not a killer I would buy more colours if only they sold Boots in Australia! Also has really nice packaging :)

I own these in berry (my all time favorite lip gloss) and lust (a sheer red). They both work well with my fair, cool complexion.

I have this in shade whisper. It looks lovely in the tube but applies in amuch lighter shade and I like the smell. I much prefer the brush as its quite precise and has a sweet taste. The brush picks up plenty of pruduct and I always have to remove excess of side of pot. I plan to get more shades as I really love the shine.

on 10/15/2009 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in Whisper and in Lust (a red shade). I like them alone or worn together. The applicator is very bad and very unprecise. Lasting power is bad, but at least it doesn't dry out lips or become flaky.
The red shade is worst because you can see the color outside the lip line, so it should be worn with a liner.
Overall I like the comfort & SPF, so it's a good choice if you like the color and want something not sticky.

on 4/1/2010 12:19:00 AM

These are great lip glosses for the price. I bought it in Flirt 15 which is a peachy pink color that is really nice. I'm going back for more.

Got this in 'berry' and 'whisper' as presents. They are quite nicely pigmented, pretty colours with a bit of shimmer. I don't find they apply very evenly on their own (use liner), and seem rather more opaque on me than shiny. I also find them a bit drying. Overall, a mediocre product that coats lips with quite strong colour, but doesn't live up to its name as a 'high shine' gloss.

I got the shade called Flirt and it's such a pretty pinky color on my pigmented lips. I have very dry lips, so I'm wary of most lip products since they tend to be drying. But this gloss is very moisturizing. Of course, it doesn't last if I eat or drink, but I don't expect any gloss to last under those circumstances anyways.