LUSH Trichomania bar

LUSH Trichomania bar

3.3

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)

on 5/29/2016 9:20:00 PM

I am not a big believer in Lush, and have found most of the products I've tried to be so-so at best, not really worth the high prices. Mostly I shop at Lush to buy bath bombs for my niece....which is what I was doing when one of the sales people got me to use this shampoo bar to wash my hands - I loved the feel of it so much that I wound up buying a big hunk of it.
I figured if it didn't work on my hair, I could always use it on my body - or on my dogs.

My hair is fine, and has very little body. While I wouldn't say this shampoo bar is a miracle product, it does make my hair feel a little thicker. It doesn't have that flat, just washed texture, it usually has after shampooing. It may be leaving a residue on my hair, which is what is making it feel thicker. It gives you lots of soft, creamy lather, and smells wonderful - sort of an update of the old fashioned Castile soap scent. A little sweeter, though. It is also lightly conditioning on the hair.

The scent, and the wonderful lather, is what really makes me love it, so I've been using it as a body soap as well. The lather is soooo luxurious, very rich. A pleasure to use. And, as a bonus, it leaves your hair and skin smelling wonderful all day!! Everyone who gets close to me comments on it. Definitely will be buying this again!

Still planning on using it on the dogs...

on 4/18/2016 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I read that it was good for dry hair. However, I used this several times and it made my hair dryer than it already was! Others who touched my hair said that it felt as if there was still shampoo in my hair, like some greasy layer, which is weird since it looked very dry from the outlook. I am really disappointed, since I am (or was?) a big fan of Lush solid shampoo. I think I should keep it to Lush soaps from now on.

To Read all 172 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/7/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a generous sample of this in store, and I really enjoyed it. If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to be similar to the Curly wurly shampoo, which the salesperson tried to sell me initially. When I declined because of the bits of coconut in that shampoo, I was gifted a generous sample of this instead. And I must say, it was a good match for my thick, dry and curly hair. It lathers very well, and it's a rich sort of lather. I'm a big fan of shampoos that are slightly conditioning. I think it cleaned my hair well enough despite being conditioning, but either way I prefer to every now and then use a more heavy duty shampoo to strip the hair of buildup products, rather than using a shampoo that dries out my hair every time.

Obviously first thing you smell of this shampoo is coconut, but there's also some sweetness to the scent that I think really works. I use straight up coconut oil in my hair as a treatment about once a week, and I find that coconut on its own like that can be a bit overwhelming. In this shampoo, however, it's really nice and balanced.

I think the only thing that I wasn't a fan of was how this bar crumbles more than my favourite solid shampoos from Lush. It might've been because I got a slice of it rather than a bigger chunk, though. But I feel like the whole idea of cutting this up for the customer rather than creating individual bars will make it more prone to crumbling. I haven't bought this since they changed the formula though, so I don't know if that changed anything.

Aaaah horrible . Let me tell you ,I m a Lush addict . Totally complete addict and I love their Odango ,Gilodiva and Jason Argan bars . I had high expectations for this one as the lush sales reps always go on about "the creamy coconut content" of this product . So I gave it a try and confidently
Bought a big chunk of it . Wellllll first of all it's hard to rub on your hair as its hard and won't really melt ,ended up in my eyes making them Burn like crazy (not even generic soap is that bad ), I rinsed it out to have squeaky ,totally unmanageable hair . But here is the twist ,although my hair looks frazzled and dull it IS soft . So well I lippy deserved there .
I ll use it as a Hand soap cuz even as a body wash it's too drying. :/

on 1/4/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just no
I wasn't happy with this at all, I felt like it barely cleaned my hair, had no scent, and made my hair look and feel funky :( I know a lot of other people who like this a lot so try a sample first!

on 8/20/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I received this as a sample in the Lush store, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the full size! I have used it about 5 times so far and I'm very, very pleased.

I have really long, blond, curly hair (google 'taylor swift 2009' and that should be pretty accurate). This leaves my hair feeling so soft! Not drying at all. My curls are more defined and my scalps feels much more moisturized, but cleanses well and doesn't leave it feeling greasy. Just overall healthier, both in look and feel! Also, it makes my hair easier to comb through. I brush my hair about 2 times a week (otherwise my curls will be frizzy and gone in no time) and I got less tangles in my hair and they were less a pain in the ass to remove than if I were to use another shampoo.

I forgot to take my sample on vacation with me and once again I used a normal shampoo. Boy, never again! This time the difference Trichomania made became even more clear. Using the normal shampoo, my scalp felt dry, flakey and just completely stripped. Tangles were so much harder to remove and my curl dissappeared and became frizzy pretty soon.

Making the switch between a normal shampoo that you just squirt out and this bar is pretty big. It takes a bit longer, but I feel like it's worth it (I turn off the shower while I am shampooing to save some water). I use it both directly on my head (just rubbing it through my hair) and lathering some on my hands.

I still use a conditioner after this, as this doesn't claim to be a 2-in-1 thing, it's just a moisturizing shampoo. So please don't blame it on the shampoo when you don't use a conditioner and feel like it's not moisturizing enough, as it is not a replacement.

I think this shampoo is great! Especially for those with a dry scalp. Oh and have I mentioned the smell? It smells like coconut and vanilla! Even though I don't care for coconut, I enjoy the scent every time I use it!

I love that it doesn't have any packaging, so less pollution! That being said, I am weary that whenever I put it in the shower that it will dissolve in the moisture (not sure if this will actually happen though). To avoid this, I just dry it a bit with a towel and put it in a little bag and that works fine.

I think the price is high for a normal shampoo but I feel like this stuff is going to last me AGES. I have used the little sample bar (about the size of my thumb) a couple of times so far and still have half of it left. I wash my hair about once a week (it's really not as gross as it sounds, my hair is used to it now!) so the full size bar will probably last me about a year, which for the price is really good!
My only complaint is that my hair tends to get greasy slightly faster (after a week with regular shampoo, and after 5-6 days with Trichomania) but that only proves that it moisturizes well.

I'd just recommend to get a sample in the store and see for yourself, as the reviews are mixed.

on 3/6/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like the solid LUSH shampoos. They are easy to use, roll in hands like a bar of soap then massage the lather into your hair. This one is sold in slices from a large block, it's not one of the shampoo bars that comes in a little round bar.

This shampoo bar is really softening and moisturising. It has a faint coconut scent which doesn't linger. if my hair was shorter I wouldn't bother using a conditioner with this one, but since it's long I use a light conditioner for de-tangling (like Veganese)

on 2/7/2015 12:46:00 PM

Easy to use, produces a creamy foam that is really effective to clean hair in a pleasant way. Soft coconut smell that in my hair disappeared after rinsing. But it isn't moisturizing at all cause my hair was squeaky clean and I couldn't run my fingers between the strands. Definitely needs a good conditioner after it. The hair looks fluffy and shiny when dry.

on 10/24/2014 9:26:00 AM

This works okay, but I just don't care for the scent. The scent reminds me exactly of Organix's line of coconut milk hair products, which I also don't like because of the scent. Otherwise, the functionality of this product is great!

I love love love this shampoo. It is the only bar shampoo I have ever used and I bought it out of sheer curiosity and I am glad I gave it a shot. My hair feels so clean after using it and I love the light coconut fragrance.

A little about my hair type: I have really long, wavy (with a tendency to be slightly frizzy) brown hair. I have tried a ton of products to help with the frizz but any leave-in makes my face breakout. My typical go-to shampoo/conditioner was Nexus - Frizz Defy; I still love that conditioner and I don't think that will change.

Some people mentioned problems with the lathering but I haven't really come across those same issues. I don't put the bar directly on my hair as too many loose hairs tend to get wrapped around the bar as is. I lather it in my hands like soap and make sure I really massage into my scalp and rinse well.

I don't think the product is that expensive but then again, I am comparing it to buying shampoos that cost $17+. I use less so it lasts longer ... that is a plus in itself.

All in all, I love this product and am hooked on bar shampoos. :)

Popular Shampoos