Shiseido The Makeup Lip Pencil

No Image

4.7

I really like this lip liner- it's creamy, pigmented and long lasting. It's a bit pricier than I prefer, but I can't deny how well this works. I also like that there is a brush on one end to help blend out the liner. The only complaint I have is that the caps have popped off both ends in my purse, which was user error, so be mindful of how you replace the caps.

I love Shiseido lip products and these lip liners are no exception. They are not my absolute favourite though, so I thought to mention couple of things, which you would probably want to keep in mind before buying them.

For starters, these are quite hard in comparison to say Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilburry or even MAC. I know that some of MAC's lip liners can be a touch drying (like Ruby Woo for example), but Shiseido is a touch harder. Good thing about it though is that they are more user friendly; nude colours especially. You can really take your time, even if you're not good with liners in general, to carefully map out the shape of your lips etc. and since these are a bit dry they will also last that tiny bit longer than creamier formulas. These liners are not waterproof and they don't stain the lips. I would stay away from darker, brighter colours - simply because these require precision and steady hand. If you love reds, go for MAC liners instead. Nudes - Shiseido is really good.

You can read more about my personal hits and misses in a separate blogpost here ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/10/31/Shiseido-Smoothing-Lip-Pencil-Review ). What I also like about Shiseido is that every pencil comes with a mini lip brush (so to make your life easier). Hope this post was helpful!

on 10/7/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Creamy and long lasting. I was not pleased with the one I bought first(mahogany). It was a tad dark for my taste, even as a girl with tan skin. I prefer pinks and nudes. But the mauve shade was perfect! I use mahogany for my red lipstick and glosses.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

one of the best lip liners I have ever tried, and there are plenty on the market!
Precise line, does not fade, stays put all time and melts perfectly with the lipstick youre adding on. Does not flake when drawing the lines (many liners do), has a not too hard not too soft tip Well, thats what I call perfection!!!
I own n. 4 Cacao (an all-use brown) 3 caramel (an all purpose beige)

A must have in you beauty bag!!!

on 10/8/2005 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I must say I'm not very found of Shiseido: most of its produts that I've tried (pressed power for oil skin, liquid foundation, 2 or 3 lipstics) weren't what They are supposed to be for those prices!
But this lip liner is the exception, the best for me: soft but consistent at the same time, doesn't blot. The brown mauve is simply gorgeous!!
Strongly advise to buy over any other!

on 4/12/2005 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in Mauve Brown. It is definitely my HG. I searched everywhere and every line for MY perfect MLBB LL. I keep coming back to this. The price is reasonable and the color is a really pretty nude pink brown. I've learned my lesson and will not stray from this again. I wish it was a little more creamy, but it stays on forever. Love it!

The colors are all gorgeous - nothing extravagant, but varied enough that they would go well with most lipsticks on the market. My only gripe is that they're relatively short sticks, and they're $20 CDN. I'm not one to usually complain about price, but my MAC and Make Up For Ever liners serve me well - for about $5 cheaper, and much more product.

on 4/15/2004 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cinnamon red #12 lip liner is amazing. It is the perfect combination between a brown and a plum-berry-brown. More brown that Estee Lauder's old plum brown, but less brown than Chanel's nude lip liner. Perfect color for pale to medium pale skin. Goes with all my lipstick....no need to switch around from one to another anymore.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If I could only have one lip liner, it would be Shiseido's brun mauve shade. This is a definite staple for me; it's a beautiful, neutral color for my pale skin and the application is smooth and creamy. Even though it requires sharpening, it's worth it. I like the formula better than any other liner I've tried. Right now, my favorite look is to fill in my lips with this pencil, and use Chanel's pin up glossimer on top.

Popular Lip Liners