Acca Kappa Lip Balm SPF 7

No Image

3.0

on 1/23/2008 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Like a previous reviewer, I don't see the word "milk" anywhere on my tube, either, but this appears to be the only lip balm that Acca Kappa makes so I'll assume I'm reviewing the right thing. It's alright. I don't think it's anything special, and while it's not exhorbitantly priced, I think it's too expensive for something so blah. Makes my lips feel strangely prickly after I apply it... numb, almost. I find the packaging flimsy as well... if you twist it up too high (and it's easy to accidentally do this), the stick is prone to breaking off at the bottom and from that point onward, the balm will tilt slightly. No big deal, right? Well... no, not until you realize that every time you twist it up and down after that point, the sides of the product are being shaved thinner and thinner, creating a gunky ring around the top of the tube. I do appreciate, however, the way that the lid slides down over the tube, like a lipstick. Cap never falls off in a pocket or bag that way. Still though. I wouldn't run out to buy it or anything.

on 4/9/2005 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This lip balm, according to the Acca Kappa website is supposed "to protect lips from the harmful effects of the sun, wind and air pollution, our lip balm is a perfect combination of active ingredients and natural extracts that hydrate and restore suppleness to lips." I find that upon application which is quite smooth, the balm leaves a white film on my lips, and it doesn't "sink" in quickly or easily. That makes layering a lipstick or gloss on top more difficult. I also do not find it as emollient as the Dr Hauschka Lip Care stick. I love the fragrance though, a very light coconut-y scent, and the packaging. But I don't think I will buy this again after I am done with it.

on 3/23/2005 6:19:00 AM

This is a relativley in expensive (5.50) lip balmt hat comes in a white plastic tube. The packaging is nothing to scream about, but I guess it goes along with the Acca Kappa minimalist design. . . it goes on smoothly, I just wish the SPF factor were higher, other than that, a good cheap lip balm that keeps my lips nice and moisturized!

on 7/28/2003 4:33:00 PM

While I don't see the word "Milk" anywhere on the package, it does come in a milky white container. I like that the SPF (while small) is from zinc oxide. It does not sting my lips like other SPF balms. The flavor/scent is nice - kind of vanilla-y (but slightly plastic). Nice, smooth, and moisturizing. I'm glad I tried it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments