78%
package quality

price range

Reviews

15 years ago

I la-la-LOVE this stuff.. It was my first ever body exfoliant, and I don't think I'm ever going to try anything else. I like the fact that it's a bar- means no dropping and wasting half of the product, like I was always afraid of with scrubby creams and such. It has the most glorious nutty smell that makes me want to keep scrubbing forever, and it really is a shame that the scent doesn't linger at all after the shower, though I suppose it would probably clash with my perfumes, so that's probably a good thing. I cut mine up into ninths, and that was definately enough for me, though I've heard of people using it just for two or three scrubs, so really it's your choice how much use you want to get out of it. The best way to use it in my opinion is to pop into the shower, get yourself all warm and wet, either turn off or direct the water stream away from you, get a slice of the bar and rub it all over the areas you want to scrub, so as many of the scrubbing particles get left behind as you want. Then, put down the bar, and scrub with the particles you've left on your skin, and rinse off. Then you can maybe give the scrubbing a second go, like I do, just to guarantee full softness. Trust me, this stuff is GREAT, deserving more than a piddly 5/5.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

15 years ago

i picked this up instead of the buffy bar, on the advice of the SA while i walked into a LUSH store during my holiday in australia. and now i wish i had a LUSH store where i lived. i'm down to two more uses or so of my bar and i have no idea what i'm going to do without it :( it was my first attempt at a bar version of a scrub and i was pretty skeptical initially. fortunately i cut up the bar into a few pieces as i've realised that it really disintegrates (melts) quite quickly in the shower. it leaves skin feeling really soft and smooth and while its a scrub, its not excessively harsh / painful to the skin like some other scrubs are. it also smells really lovely as with all other LUSH products. definitely something i'd love to repurchase, although... its a tad pricey for a scrub and it finishes so quickly! i just need to figure out how to get my hands on it again.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinOther

HairBrown

15 years ago

This is doing a good exfoliation.Really did my skin glow,healty,soft and my dry patches on my arms was gone.Totally surpriced!I've already bought a second one.I love the smell,want to eat all the time.Love LUSH!

About reviewer (241 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

15 years ago

I love the yummy smell and it feels wonderful to glide onto my skin (then massage with my fingers the bits that it leaves behind for exfoliation). Much better than and not as abrasive as Buffy. If it were healthy to exfoliate everyday, I would with Aqua Mirabilis. However, anyone who buys this for the 1st time must BE WARNED. If you don't know how to store this properly it will be covered in mold! I thought other people cut up their Aqua Mirabilis bar to conserve the product because it melted too quickly in the shower. I didn't cut my AM bar up because the way I did it, I just glided it lightly on my skin and used as little product as necessary. However, I found out the hard way that it really SHOULD be used in cut-up, single-use pieces because when you store the bar in a container and it is not completely dry, mold will grow on it quickly (minus 1 lippie for that). This product, like other Lush products, is made FRESH and Aqua Mirabilis has no preservatives which is why they say it's good on the skin. I am exchanging my moldy bar with a new one and I know better next time. I still think it's worth getting again just by the sheer luxury it makes my skin feel with the fragrance, softness and moisture.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

15 years ago

So - I discovered LUSH while walking to a tapas bar, and it was not good news for my checkbook. I decided to dive right into LUSH stuff by sampling a bit of everything popular, and picked up a bar of Aqua Mirabilis. The product is a squarish block of various plant butters, mixed with a generous helping of almond bits and shells. The product was already sort of melting onto my fingers in the store, so I hurried it home. I'd heard that the product melts fast, so I took a regular kitchen knife and sliced it into eighths. A bit skeptical at this point and wondering why I'd dropped 11.00 on a piece of nut-scented butter, I went into the shower and followed the rep's directions. Cleanse normally - wet skin - direct water away or turn off - rub bar over body and then massage product across skin - rinse. While I was using it, I noticed a very comforting, although not spectacular almond cookie fragrance. After a bit of time had passed, I rinsed off and toweled dry, not expecting or feeling much difference. However, after I started studying, typing, and writing with a pen, I noticed that my fingers were quite soft. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this bar worked a miracle - made my skin soft without weighing it down with creams, or any moisture I could 'feel!' Quite a good exfoliator, though the price is steep.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination

15 years ago

I love this stuff but its too expensive... so cacao body scrub of body shop is a better price (more longer use).

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinDry

EyesGreen

15 years ago

Just tried out the wonderful scrub/butter bar today...it's scrubby without being harsh and does a fine job of getting rid of your dry skin and making you smooth and moisturized...I then read all the reviews after and who can use up one whole bar in one go? Gosh I wouldn't have any skin left to scrub...the grains aren't ones that dissolve...it's a scrubby scrub not a lotiony scrub..some people might think it too harsh but I like it myself. Very pricey for such a small amount of product..specially if you are gonna use it up all in one go!

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

15 years ago

Absolutely brilliant, really good exfoliation but doesn't irritate even when used straight after shaving and is moisturising without being greasy. Perfect!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

from

15 years ago

Love Love Love this! A definite HG of mine, leaves my skin so soft, smooth & moisturised. I always keep a bar of this in my bathroom!

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

15 years ago

This product is better than buffy because it doesn't leave an oil slick behind on your skin...it washes right off! I adore this product. I stay out of the water stream and just rub it over my backside and arms, and it keeps my skin smooth and the bar lasts for quite awhile. I use it maybe twice a week. I'm not particularly fond of the smell but its not bad, just different than I expected. Overall though, this is one of my must have lush products!

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other