78%

price range

Reviews

1.0

12 years ago

I have no idea why i bought this or even went into Lush....i have dry skin on my body that is prone to ingrown hairs, this was reccommended to me & in a flight of madness i bought it. It smells awful, like dirt. It feels awful, like dirt. It left actualy dirt in my bath too - well i think they were the nut scrubby bits in it....but they actually scraped my bath....so evidently they are FAR too harsh for anyone to apply to their skin - it left my skin quite dry & sore. It lasted about 3 showers & i was glad to see it finished. What a crappy product & now i know why i generally stay away from Lush.

About reviewer (218 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

12 years ago

This is amazing. It smells like peanut butter, which I think is a bit strange in the shower. However, the way it exfoliates and moisterizes at the same time is really a wonderful treat. I also slice it an only take one piece into the shower.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

12 years ago

It smells yummy, and leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft, I don't even need to use cream on my skin after. The butter is a bit on the rough side so don't scrub hard, but it's good for getting rid of dead skin, the butter starts to melt in water which conditions the skin. One bar does last quite a while and it's not very expensive so good value for money.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive

3.0

12 years ago

Love the smell - like almond cookies! The shells are a bit scratchy. After my shower the skin does feel lightly conditioned, but no huuuuge difference. Maybe I need to use more/leave it on for longer. Currently I cut the bar into eights and I've only managed to use half of an eighth at a time. Overrall, not essential but okay for the occasional luxury (and esp for the smell) since it is pretty pricey. I gave it a 5 for packaging because I think it's important that a "less is more" approach is encouraged.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

12 years ago

I loved the moisturization and the exfoliating power of this bar, but it went so fast, and since I don't live in the city, I cant get my lush products as readily as msot people can. 4 lippies for the quality, 1 lost lippy for the un-lasting bar

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrown

3.0

12 years ago

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I had an am bar that I stored in one of Lush's body bar tins and it actually went moldy. When I phoned LUSH to complain, they explained that since they don't use preservatives, etc., there is a possibility of this if you are storing it incorrectly. They recommended that I keep it out in the open, then sent me two free replacement bars and were generally very helpful. Their customer service is very good. The bar itself is OK as an exfoliator. I found the granules a little harsh, and didn't really experience the moisturising properties as advertised. I switched back to Body Shop's Cocoa Butter Body Scrub after I ran out Aqua Mirabillis, even though I would rather spend money at LUSH as they are less big corporate evil kind of thing, but this product didn't do it for me.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

HairBlond

12 years ago

well, anyone who has young children, or who has spent considerable time around them, knows exactly what this smells like: diapers. it's unmistakable and gross. BUT the stuff works really, really well. i love the idea of a solid scrub...it glides so easily over my body and leaves me soft and smooth. i will probably buy it again for its effectiveness, but i also wanna try buffy and you snap the whip.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I completely love this. I too thought that nothing could beat "Buffy", but this is at least as good. The peanut-almond scent is awesome in the shower (I have never wanted to "eat" a bath product until this, lol) and after the bath it turns into a very soft rose scent. It is ever so slightly less gritty than Buffy, but it still does a great job of exfoliating. No film afterwards, though, so I do have to add a moisturizer to the regimen. Will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

12 years ago

I think Aqua Mirabillis has beaten Buffy as my favourite body butter. The scent is GORGEOUS, it's sort of peanut-y. I actually found this to be harsher than Buffy, which surprised me since other reviewers think Buffy is harsher. I use this by rubbing it around my body and then massaging the grains into my skin and rinsing. The result is soft soft skin. Sadly, there was no delicious nut scent afterwards but that doesn't matter.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

1.0

13 years ago

I cannot understand all the good reviews for this product (?!) Perhaps I got a dud one??? It feels like rubbing a lump of candle wax over my body, and leaves a strange waxy residue on my skin which I hate the feel of. It also didn't seem to exfoliate my skin that well. I couldn't wait to get this bar used up! Horrible stuff :o(

About reviewer (148 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair