78%

Reviews

1.0
from

5 years ago

Bought this on a whim since it has pretty good reviews. Getting straight to the point, this will grow mold if you don't store it properly. I have no idea how some people can just use the whole chunk and keep it in their shower without having it mold. I used it just once, and I left it on my soap rack (which has holes on the bottom to drain water) as I do with all my other Lush solid soaps and shampoos, and the next day, it was covered in mold. I can see why, since it's full of moisturizing ingredients, but I was just so upset with it I just threw the whole thing away. I doubt it would've molded if I had cut it up into single-use pieces, but I will not be buying it again to try that out. Also, just my opinion, but I don't like the exfoliating effect of this, since I have to rinse it off after I use it. It just seems counter-productive to rinse off everything including the body butter itself. Doesn't smell that pleasant either, at least to me.

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

5 years ago

Amazing quality - despite the fact that it melts quite quickly, this is a superb product that I even use on my face. It leaves skin unbelievably soft and the smell is something else. It exfoliates, moisturises and cleanses in one go, and as an added bonus, the bathroom smells like a spa afterwards. I'll keep purchasing this as long as LUSH keeps making them. NB: I prefer this to Lush's Buffy body bar, or any of the other products in this range.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

2.0

5 years ago

I was really excited about this after watching a YouTube review about it! I would say that I am in two minds about this one. Pros - it smells pleasant, like cereal and digestive biscuits and it is grainy enough to give a good scrub. Cons - it softens after the first use such that product sticks to my skin every time I touch it e.g. when I wanna move it out of the way and not use it, I will inadvertently scrap off some product cos it has softened.. Was hoping that it'd be more dry/hardy. Probably not repurchasing this one!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

5 years ago

This smells like heaven, sprinkled in Milo. God I love the smell. And it makes my skin feel absolutely divine. I am salivating just thinking of this product!! It is pretty much all shea butter so it will melt away in your shower, make sure you buy a tin too. But even then, because it is so natural, don't leave it too long between uses when it is hot. I opened mine after a fortnight in the height of summer, and the damn thing had gone mouldy! Of course, I am not wasting that goodness so I scraped it off and went on using it until I was too grossed out to use it any more. It didn't smell the same... just smelt a bit off. So now, it goes in the fridge and comes out for special occasions only. Get it!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

6 years ago

Doesn't come in any packaging other than the paper bag they put it in. You can buy a tin to keep it in which I would highly recommend to prevent losing the whole thing down the drain! The bar has a really nice, subtle scent and it's a great exfoliator. It could be too harsh for some skin types as the exfoliant is quite intense. It's pretty expensive, but if you shop at Lush you probably already knew that. It also gets used up fairly quickly. Because of the amount I paid for it I try not to use it more than once or twice a week!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

I hate to rain on the parade of great reviews but I did NOT enjoy this scrub. Yes, it did make my skin soft but it smelled SO wrong. Like maybe it had gone bad. Rancid. Also, it melted pretty quickly, even when I stored it in a body butter tin. I much prefer Buffy.

About reviewer (382 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrown

EyesHazel

6 years ago

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Really, I alternate between this and Buffy, and my skin has never looked or felt better. I am an avid self-tanner (Fake Bake Flawless) and it is imperative to have smooth even skin before self-tanning. This does the trick so nicely. What I really love about this product is that it exfoliates and moisturizes my skin without leaving a residue (which Buffy can leave a bit of a film, but I still love it). Will continue to repurchase. Also, just a suggestion, buy the tin that they recommend for these products. It will pay for itself with the amount of product you will save by keeping it stored properly. I didn't rate the packaging highly just because I wish the tin was a bit bigger.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

6 years ago

I liked it UNTIL one day I picked it up and there were little moving yellow worms. I dont know, maybe it was too humid even if I dried it after use? I dont want to think about it... If anyone still wonders- yes, it smells great, practical form, skin feels nice. Although after what happened Im not going to repurchase.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

6 years ago

This isn't as convenient as a traditional scrub in a tube or jar but I do enjoy it. It smells great, like organic almond butter. It really softens and smooths skin so well. The ground bits are coarse but they don't feel abrasive if I use a light hand. A little goes a long way. I melt a little under hot water and quickly run it over my legs, arms, etc. then put the bar aside and massage everything into my skin, then rinse. It leaves a silky, non-greasy residue behind that doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all. Typically I don't enjoy scrubs that leave a film of moisturizing butter or oils or anything behind but this I love. I usually use this before I shave my legs and I don't have to use shaving soap. I get several uses from one bar but I try to be careful with it and keep it away from moisture and steam. I remove it from the shower after each use and let it dry completely in the little Lush body butter tin between uses. This isn't something I use unless I have a little extra time in the morning but I've been repurchasing for a few years now. I've given up most of my Lush obsession because of my increasing sensitive skin but this has always worked for me and I'm sticking with it.

About reviewer (554 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Yummy smelling product. the first time i bought this i couldn't resist giving it a brief lick .. (i know I'm weird, disgusting and stuff but dammit it smelled so delicious i couldn't resist it) 1- it smells like butter, nuts, cookies/biscuits and all those warm good stuff. 2- i use this from my face to my tip toes. it exfoliates and leaves me butter smooth and smelling good. i don't even need to apply moisturiser after i get out of the shower. this is the first and only scrub/body butter i have ever purchased from lush (only because i cant seem to get over my addiction for it) i wouldnt recommend leaving this in the shower. i always cut small pieces of it before showering .. they do melt fast with heat/steam and water.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral