LUSH Sympathy for the Skin

LUSH Sympathy for the Skin

4.3

Vanilla Pod Infusion, Almond Oil, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Fresh Bananas, Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Sandalwood Oil, Lemon Oil, Labdanum Resinoid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Sympathy For The Skin is my favourite of Lush's body lotions. It is a very thick cream, a little goes a long way because it is incredibly rich and hydrating. It absorbs easily into the skin, and does not leave you feeling sticky or greasy - even in the hottest of weather. Sympathy For The Skin smells like a combination of vanilla and banana, but the scent smells quite natural not synthetic and overly sweet. It smells like a banana pudding! The scent does linger on the skin for a long while, so I would recommend using it mainly at night or applying a complimentary perfume. It keeps my dry skin soft and hydrated and healed the dry patches I had on my legs and arms. It doesn't irritate sensitive skin despite the heavy fragrance. I have used many, many pots of this product and find it far superior to the other Lush lotions I have used (Dream Cream and both versions of Charity Pot). I would highly recommend this lotion.

on 4/10/2017 11:55:00 AM

HG lightweight moisturizer that absorbs quickly and smells great. it is not oil based. love and hate the packaging for lush lotions.

on 3/22/2017 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My holy grail, must-have bodylotion! (I have dry + sensitive skin). It has a really light texture that sinks into the skin super-fast! Even though it is "light" is moisturizes my skin really well. It is not greasy and does not leave a layer on top of the skin.
Great lotion if you take a shower in the morning and just want to moisturize and leave a soon a possible! I use this in the spring/summer, and a heavier lotion during the winter (dream cream/charity pot).

If I would rate all of Lush's body-lotions after how heavy + thick they were (starts with the lightest, ends with the heaviest) it would go as follows:
vanilla dee-lite (discontinued), sympathy for the skin, karma cream. dream cream, charity pot.

When my skin is in pristine condition I use sympathy for the skin, and when it is chapped, flakey i use dream cream/charity pot, and when it is fuzzy and sensitive it is dream cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a generous sample tub of this when my Daddy went to LUSH yesterday... ev time I get up to go to the washroom ive used it (becoz of course you wash your hands every time well at least I do), & my hands are silky! It smells amazing like banana nut bread but alas I won't prob buy it (I'll wait & get some relative to gift it to me for a special occasion lol) I'm leaving the box ticked thou coz if so buy more but I'm broke. I'm keeping this in my purse more people should save and reuse the jars or have a turn in where u recycle ten jars u get an incentive like coupon or towards products. Ijs. My little sample came in the neatest purse sized jar--LUSH is about good for this earth etc--well I'm going to reuse the jar for other lotions: that's REAL RECYCLING!! I got 3 samples (shampoos, shave stuff & this) & whoever filled them no complaints rockt up to tie brim!! Yay! Back to the reason "may not" (this isn't etched in stone) rebuy this is coz I need Dream Cream to go w my dream wash coz it is supposed to do more than what did lotion did (smell pretty & give moderate moisture. I got 100+ other lotions LITERALLY from Bath&bodyworks or Victoria secret that do the same thing). I can't justify a $25 tub of cream I need to finish a bunch of those first I'm inspired to get some empties going on so I can have this again #teamempties #teamspirit #smellsliketeamspirit (u knew where I was going w this lol). But anyways SFTS is a "want" where as "Dream Cream" is a "need" for my troubled skin. I'm getting "Ultrabland" as my next LUSH purchase that's my most immediate need w a little want thrown in (I'm replacing my lost Vanillary solid perfume). I need to go send daddy to lush on Monday (today is Saturday). I'm ALWAYS impressed by LUSH except the sea salt scrub sample I got burned & smarted on my skin OK that's what's samples are for right lol later this morning I'm going to rock out a new shampoo bar/The Plumps condish bar & DreamWash. Yeahhhh buddy! I'm reserving this sample for keeping in my purse & putting on my hands. When the sample is gone like a 59 Cadillac I will re-evaluate like the that smell really grows on me! But cmon #teamempties #forthewin #thestruggleisreal #spoiltrotten my das got me $135 worth of LUSH on his dime. He pocked out the 3 shampoo bars & also DreamWash. There is a purple bar, a blue naw & yellow 1 (seanik, juniper & the yellow 1 is NOT Honey I Washed...coz I've had that and it smells different more lemony citrus but the receipt isn't marked hell if I kno & I'm sure daddy went w smell & color factoring his decision process. Oh well they still work the same even thou I don't know their names I got 3 shampoo bars, rainbow FUN; the plumps conditioner bar, DreamWaah, back up bottles of sea salt spray (theeeeee best) & veganese (8.4oz) & 3 generous samples. My daddy hates going in there he feels I know that is a dirty hippie gathering place (how can hippies be dirty all they sell is stuff like shampoo & soap haha (**tried to explain to to a 77 year old who is set in his ways). I'm going to repurchase SFTS lotion soon. I'm conservative I don't like to waste things so I bet I get a weeks worth out of my sample. Samples rule!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

After nearly a month of use, I can now say this is the worst lotion ever. It only hydrates my dry skin for about 3 hours than I have to keep re applying. If you have oily skin this is perfect for you. I can't even imagine using this in the winter if it can't even hold its own in the summer. I'm so happy I only have about 5 more uses before I can move on to a better moisturizer.

I love this lotion .its nourishing ,moisturising ,smells of natural vanilla and banana ,it leaves my skin soft and supple and can be used all over your body (it's a great foot cream ) . Defenetly reccomended

I'll cut straight to the chase- I absolutely LOVE this lotion. The consistency is just right...not too runny; not to too thick. It takes a little while to fully absorb into the skin, so do allow some time before getting dressed. I don't find it overly greasy, although sometimes I will have to wash my hands after applying, depending on how much I've put on. Of course, it's nice to let it sink into your hands too, time permitting!
The scent is a warm, natural vanilla, with the tiniest hint of fresh banana (not that gross cloying, synthetic kind). A lot of products by Lush are heavily fragranced, but with SFTS, this isn't the case. The scent does linger for some time, but it's lovely and non-intrusive, so you can still wear your favourite perfume over the top without it clashing.
SFTS really does an amazing job at nourishing the skin, leaving it feeling deeply cared for, protected and hydrated. Would recommend this to all skin types, and will be repurchasing when I've finished this pot :)

LOVE this! In the summer I picked up the "Charity Pot", and although it was the most hydrating cream that I've ever tried in my life, I didn't re-purchase it because it left a greasy finish that took too long to dry. I recently picked up "Sympathy for the Skin" instead and this is much better. It sinks into the skin really quickly, deeply hydrates distressed winter skin, and it has a very subtle light banana and vanilla scent. I also love that Lush creams last a long time because a little goes a long way. My charity pot from the summer lasted almost 4 months.

on 2/12/2016 7:40:00 PM

I reaaally like this! What's really special about this product is definitely the fact that it's moiturizing but is not greasy at all. When you first apply it you will probably think it feels greasy but that's because it's not exactly a fast absorbing cream, you have to wait a little bit before you see how amazing this is. It leaves the skin feeling super soft. The only problem is that it contains cocoa butter which is highly comedogenic. My skin is super sensitive and anything makes me breakout so i know better than to apply it on my face or chest. Just don't apply in the areas where you easily breakout (never ever apply anything containing cocoa butter on you face, it's awesome for your body and lips, but not for your face). Apply this in the right places and you are a goddess.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure