Chanel Solution Destressante Calming Emulsion [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Solution Destressante Calming Emulsion [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Water, lauroyl lysine, dimethicone, butylene glycol, PPG-15 stearyl ether, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) seed extract, propylene glycol, PEG-5 rapeseed sterol, alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, phenoxyethanol, cetyl alcohol, chlorphenesin, glycerin, palmitic acid, hydronated lecithin, triethanolamine, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, laureth-3, pisum sativum (pea) extract, tetrasodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, centella asiatica extract, methylparaben, acetyl dipeptide-1, cetyl ester, glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, cetheth-16, propylparaben, potassium sorbate, cholesterol, BHT, lecithin, hydrolysed yeast, ethylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, lysine HCL, sodium dehydroacetate.

on 7/6/2010 8:37:00 AM

I just got this product in the UK and it is FABULOUS. I had to visit the counter twice because this item is so popular that it sells out as soon as they stock it! It is a thin, oil free lotion and is perfect for oily/combo skin. It feels very silky and cooling on your skin. It calms down redness and helps keep my skin clear. It gives a nice matte finish to the skin. It is fragrance free and won't clog pores. This bottle does not have a pump but you get a huge 3.4oz bottle. It is a great value compared to other Chanel lotions. It has some vitamins, amino acids, enzymes, pea, almond and soy extracts as well. It works really well, and the price is very reasonable. I will never be without this little gem!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I do like this product, and will continue to use it, but I don't love it enough to shell out the cash for it again. (I've fallen in love with the much more reasonably priced Kiss My Face's Underage Moisturizer... it "calms" my skin down much more noticeably..) For me, this product works best if I apply it at night. The next morning, the "troublesome" areas seem to be less blotchy and angry looking. Used in the morning underneath my regular moisturizer (it is not moisturizing enough for me to use alone), I don't see much of an improvement.

on 3/28/2008 11:39:00 PM

I think this is the first Chanel skin care product I ever bought. And it's the only one I have ever kept buying. Chanel is so expensive a product really has to earn its keep, and this one really does.

The emulsion is like cool fresh milk, silky and fine, gliding onto my skin and immediately disappearing. No grease, no shine, just soft, soothing calm. I don't have a problem with redness, but I have sensitive skin, and this emulsion feels wonderful after I have used my nightly toner.

I only wish Chanel would change its packaging. It's more than a little tricky to take the top off, tilt the bottle to get the right amount of product on your fingers, and then juggle the bottle while trying to keep the product from sliding off your fingers before you can apply it. I'd like a pump top, I suppose, but then I imagine they'd have to thicken the product a little. I might consider it a fair trade.

I am worried that this product might actually be discontinued, since I don't see it on Chanel's website. I have bought two bottles on Ebay just in case. I don't make it to makeup counters very often, so I don't know what its absence from the website means.

It's expensive, because it's Chanel, but this calming emulsion is a true and worthwhile luxury, plus it looks pretty on your bathroom counter!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This calming solution DOES what it says, it calms very sensitive skin, it's the only product that worked for my sensitive face, but you have to use it twice a day, once it's not enough, so apply it morning and night, the other good thing is the price, just 28, it's amazing!!!!
I tried clinique CX before and just didn't work (apart from the waste of money), I am so pleased I got this product after reading the reviews in this page.

This is a fantastic product for calming sensitized skin. This emulsion is a light milky liquid which is fragrance-free and lightly moisturizing. It really calms and soothes irritated skin (especially dehydrated winter chapped skin). It leaves skin comfortable and even, and preps it for absorbing moisturizer. It's a cross between toning lotion and treatment, and doesn't make anything that you layer on top slip off. Also doesn't aggravate breakouts or increase oil production. Comes in a large classic Chanel tube which is chic and hygienic. Costs GBP28.00 for 100ml, and you need very little to cover the entire face. Wish I'd come across this earlier. Must repurchase.

on 10/5/2007 7:04:00 AM

This product has been discontinued in the US. I had to order it online. So far the lotion (which has the consistency of a light, gentle moisturizer) is mysteriously calming. my skin feels calm, no tingling when i had some irritation. i don't know what in the ingredients exactly does this, but it does seem to calm red irritated skin and feels good generally all over my face (no tightness, no tingling, drying or stinging, etc.) no breakouts from it so far...

on 6/10/2007 10:11:00 AM

This is probably my favorite product from the Chanel skincare line. Not only does it soothes, tones down redness, calms, and desensitizes irritated skin, it also acts as a barrier when applied before serums and moisturizers. It protects sensitive skin against irritating external influences (Or at least lessens the damage). It's very light in texture, and absorbs very quickly. It's skin soothing properties can be seen and felt almost instantly,making my skin feel soft and refreshed. With my sensitive, combination, and acne prone skin, daily application of Calming Emulsion under moisturizer after cleansing has not caused any breakouts, in fact, my skin feels less sensitive and less reactive since I started using this product. Unfortunately, I just heard that it's going to be discontinued, if it hasn't been already. So, if you come across this lovely product, make sure to stock up. A bottle lasts quite a while, and is relatively inexpensive ( approx. $35.00 usd). What is Chanel thinking?!

This does exactly what it says it will. Calms my face on contact, regardless of whether it's suffering from being sore/red in winter or when I have those hideous time of the month spots that really hurt. Makes my skin so soft and sinks straight in - in winter I usually use my normal moisturiser (day or night) over the top as it is only an emulsion. I hope they never stop making this and I highly recommend it!

on 9/1/2006 1:04:00 AM

I have been using the CE since it came out. I turned my face around. I thought I had acne but what I was experiencing was environmental sensitivities. This calmed my face and cleared up the issues. Every spring I experience welts on my face from pollen and this calms it right down. May they never stop making this.

on 7/3/2006 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This really does calm irritated skin. It also works good as a makeup base, but drier skins will still need a moisturizer. The price is not bad for a Chanel Product, either and it comes in a 3.4 oz. bottle. No strong fragrance either which is a plus. I wish more of their products were this way!