Milani Garden Mist

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I just needed a green colour so I just bought this. After a few uses, it had huge cracks and there was a thick layer of eyeshadow on the lid. Soon, there were only these little pebbles of eyeshadow in it and the lids was completely covered with eyeshadow. I still use it because I like the colour. I just dab my brush on the lid now, because it's too much work to try and get eyeshadow from the little pieces.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Garden Mist is a nice lime green color which compliments my skintone (NC35-37, Asian with slightly olive undertone). I like to use it as a base for my darker green eyeshadows, I don't know why but it makes the darker eyeshadows look more interesting. It's a bit chalky and the pigmentation is not that great, but with UDPP and foiling technique, it shows up and stays on pretty well on me.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/13/2009 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

definitely apply this wet so the color pops, otherwise it makes me look sickly (light yellow-green faded)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is a very sheer light yellowy green color. I love using this as an all over wash because it's not pigmented enough to actually be used for definition. Line your eyes with dark green eyeliner too.

This eyeshadow can still be found at some Targets. I hated it because the pigment is SO POOR unlike other milani eyeshadows. But i learned a trick to use this. Apply it WET. The color will be a LOT more vibrant. I was going to throw it away but now i'm keeping it. It looks rich olive green when applied wet.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Milani Garden Mist is not as bold as it appears in the packaging. For that I took off one lippie.

However, this is still a beautiful shade. Actually, I don't have anything like it. Garden Mist looks like a cross between yellow and light green. The sheerness of it is light enough to use with darker greens, or better yet to blend a yellow into a green, but it is visible enough for a beautiful light wash across the lids.

I can't wait to try this shade for blending green into purple! I think everyone should have this shade it is too versatile.

I love the way the shadow blends - the texture is smooth (like most Milani shadows) and it is priced just right!

on 2/17/2008 9:32:00 PM

I guess I might have gotten a fluke, b/c I can NOT get this to show up on me no matter what I do - wet, dry, finger, brush, sponge tip...just no pigment whatsoever

Good basic pressed powder eyeshadow. Nice pale green color, looks kinda weird on my pale skin, but okay when blended out with a mauve color. Won't buy again because I don't ever see myself using enough of it to need another one.

on 11/29/2007 8:44:00 AM

This is a very pretty spring green, with no cool tones that I can detect. It applies beautifully, very smoothly, and can be built up for a more intense color. This really enhances my blue-grey eyes and looks so fresh and pretty worn with pink blush and mascara, and no liner. Love this shade, and I am very happy with the amount of pigment. The packaging is cute, and I would certainly buy more of these when I use this color up. continued >>

on 7/30/2007 10:51:00 PM

I love this color! It looks great paired with Antique Gold (one of the only ways I can pull Antique Gold off) or even with Shock or Flare. Unlike these other Milani shadows, the Garden Mist shadow I have is extremely hard and requires layering to get much pigment. It still has great lasting power. I just dislike the packaging and the hardness of the shadow I own - if I ever buy this shadow again, I'll hope that the one I pick up is softer.