Avon Skin So Soft Satin Glow Daily Body Moisturiser - Fair Skin Tones

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

When I first got this, I was a self tanner virgin and was mortified at how streaky/dark I got after a couple uses... Then I discovered I was just doing it wrong! Always exfoliate first - it will allow for ZERO streakage, and even colour. I really rub mine in to let it dry quicker, and I only use it once a week but it works so incredibly well. My only complaint is the strong smell - smells like you've been tanning all day, hard to hide but for the glow I get compliments on daily, it's worth it

on 6/29/2009 4:06:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this summer. I love it! You have to apply a thin coat every day for about a week before you really see a difference. It gives a nice subtle glow and since the color builds up gradually there is no streaking. I don't think you are going to get a really tanned look with this product even with daily use but that wasn't what I was looking for. I just wanted a little color so people don't think they see a ghost when I wear shorts.

on 4/11/2008 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Works fast - be careful. I loved the color, but this is the only tanner that really made my knees and knuckles look way darker. Plus, I didn't wash my hands well enough the first time, so they were brown for a week. Otherwise, exfoliate well before. I didn't exfoliate as well as I should and the tan started peeling off after a few days. Won't streak if you are dry during application. So, with perfect use, this could be your favorite tanner, as long as you don't get lazy about perfect application.

on 3/28/2008 5:00:00 PM

Since I'm an Avon lady, I was reeeeealy hoping this would work. However after three applications on my stomach (my test area for tanners) NO color whatsoever showed up. I have the Airbrush Spray in light and THAT left at least a little color, but the lotion did nothing. It sucks since it's so cheap for a huge bottle. The bottle would also be better if it were a pump-style, too. This was a nice lotion and for a self-tanner it smells good but since I got zero results I wouldn't repurchase it.

I am very upset about this self tanner. It gives a great, believable bronze colour, but it always seems to streak. I always get streaks on my legs with this stuff, and it also never works on my face. When I use in on my face, the only place it shows up is on my over my upper lip and on my chin - basically around my mouth. But that happends with most self tanners when I use them on my face. So yeah, it really sucks because the colour is really great.

on 2/21/2006 12:21:00 PM

This is my new HG self tanner, and I'd almost given up on all of them! I paid like $2.99 for a huge bottle of this on sale and love it much more than the high end self tanners I've tried. The smell is minimal, and you get a lot of color (much more than most Light/Medium formulas). I applied this with my beloved TBS Self Tanner Mitt and got no streaks and a golden, belivable color that seems to be holding up quite well. The lotion is runnier than most, but I think it was easier to rub in evenly that way. The only downside to this product is that the lotion is not tinted, so you have to be careful not to miss any spots. I will buy this again and again.

on 7/2/2004 10:04:00 AM

I'll give this another chance, but my first impressions are not favorable. This lotion is not tinted and is very liquid. I exfoliated and used a tiny bit of moisturizer in usual dry spots, and thought I applied the self tanner very smoothly... but three hours later it was dark and very, very streaky. It didn't blend in as well with the lotion as the Clinique tanning mousse does. My legs are terribly streaky and blotchy and I haven't been able to remove it much by further exfoliation in the past few days. The only good things about it are that it doesn't smell bad and the tan lasts quite a while!

on 4/23/2004 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first I was dissapointed because the color had not shown up after 4 hours. But all of a sudden I noticed my legs were much tanner. I used Light/medium. The color lasted about 5 days. Much longer than the drugstore brands I have used in the past.

on 6/10/2003 11:39:00 PM

They raved about this on sunless.com and I gave in and tried it. So glad I did.

No streaks, dries within 5-10 mins of application, doesn't smell. Sounds too good to be true right? Well kinda.

It's a thin lotion and is not tinted so you have to be careful with application. One layer didn't give me much color so I applied a second layer about 3 hours later. That did give me some color.

I have read to use the Med/Dark first then use the light/med to upkeep or use the light/med for feet and hands. I'm ordering the med/dark and will review after I apply. All in all I'm glad I got this. I'm a very pale girl and this did give some color but not that great for mid summer tan. If you just want some color or for upkeep this is for you. Can't wait to try out the med/dark!