Paula Dorf Transformer

Paula Dorf Transformer

on 7/12/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This works, but it burns the heck out of my eyes.

I've been looking for an eyeliner sealer for a while as I've moved to wearing mostly eyeliner and mascara these days to save time. Ordered this from Zappos, tried it for a couple days (both mixing directly with my eyeshadow and applying on top of eyeliner) and it just didn't work against my oily skin. Obviously, tons of people like this, but I would advise against this if you have oily skin. My liner was still there at the end of the day, don't get me wrong, but it had distinctly faded. Mailed back, going to try MUFE Eye Seal next (if people don't kill me on Black Friday!).

on 3/4/2010 2:31:00 PM

I'm sure I never would have purchased this, but I received it in a swap. Score! This is so simple to use and effective. I love turning my MAC pigments into eyeliners. Only a drop is needed for upper lash lines so this bottle will last for YEARS! I hear Visine works just as well, but I may never find out as this will last indefinitely. Do not apply this to the entire shadow as it will harden the area it touches. Great product.

I am totally in love with this! I used to use Bobbi Brown eye liner gel which is amazing also ( but it gets dry within one year). Now I use this transformer every time, it is waterproof and non irradiated. And it can last forever~ High Recommended!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a liquid eyeliner enthusiast, and this has opened up a whole new world to me. I can now make eyeliners out of any shadow I want!!! $20 seems expensive, but this is like buying several dozen eyeliners and this bottle could be considered a lifetime supply. You need less than half a drop for both eyes. It really does wear well, no smudging or fading, and you can get an intense line or a soft line depending on application. All in all, if you like liquid or gel liners, get this stuff. It is awesome.

I have been using this transformer for 13 years and always go back to it. This product does just what you want - creates liners out of your shadows, pressed and/or loose pigments. You only need one tiny drop to successfully line both or even your 3rd eye if you're so inclined.
Given the small amount you need the cost is dirt cheap. I barely have a dent in my original bottle. There is no irritation or itching. It's easy to remove with cleanser yet it manages to maintain the true color of the shadow as a liner for the duration.

on 8/23/2008 12:05:00 PM

I love this product! I can use my eyeshadow and an angle brush and paint on eyeliner that will last all day. I'd been using pencils and smudging them a little, but whatever I put under my eye would always end up smudging too much by the middle of the day. With this, I can line top and bottom and it stays put all day and night. Since you only use a drop or two, the bottle lasts and lasts..

on 7/11/2008 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this when my local macy's was having a closeout sale, which was like a year ago. I liked it alot that i went back the next day and boght another one before they were all gone. I believe it was 5 dollars or somewhere around there. I also bought the little brush that you're supposed to use with it, and I love them. I use it mostly with black eyeshadow and it works perfectly. For the price i bought it for, I would buy it again, but not sure if i would buy it at regular price.

on 6/17/2008 12:36:00 AM

I should have read the reviews before buying this. I compared Transformer with Visine and as somebody posted, both products work exactly the same. I sent mine back and kept using Visine. I still use Make up Forever's Eye Seal when I need a waterproof sealer.

Because I am a sucker for WNTW, I went out and bought this after seeing Carmindy use it a few times... and I am not disappointed!

Like many ladies, I have loads of awesome, bright eyeshadows, but I am not about to go out and purchase $200 worth of equally fabulous eye liner in colors I might only wear once or twice. That having been said, Transformer is great, because it really does work (as long as you have an angle brush).

A word of caution: make sure you scrape a bit of shadow into the cap or another surface and THEN add the transformer... otherwise it destroys the top layer of shadow!