Neutrogena Healthy Scalp shampoo

2.7

Healthy scalp shampoo was labeled as a dandruff shampoo, but its real use was to get rid of those occasional, bothersome scalp zits (I mean, really, wouldn't salicylic acid just dry out your scalp more and make it flakier?), and it was awesome for that. When it disappeared from drugstore and supermarket shelves, I hunted for it for months before realizing that Walgreen's makes a generic version that seems to work about the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My boyfriend & I loved this shampoo...it took away his stubborn flakes, calmed my itchy scalp & made our hair softer. Unfortunately, I can no longer find it at any Shoppers, London Drugs, grocery or chain store.
Can't find it...boo.

This made my hair feel extremely greasy no matter how much I rinsed my hair after use.. I used this 3 times and it was enough to know I will never use it again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Good shampoo w/ salicylic acid to help exfoliate the scalp & get rid of flakes. It's a bit drying so it's best to alternate it w/ another shampoo. Following up w/ conditioner is also a must.

didn't do anything for me. a complete waste of money. and it made my hair a little more dried out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A do-nothing anti-dandruff shampoo. It actually made my scalp flakier and feel greasy, heavy, and just overall weighed down. ick! The smell was pleasant, though. Too bad it doesn't work.

THis is a wonderful dandruff shampoo that I have used for years. It contains salycic acid which promotes scalp cleansing. I really like it, however because it doesn't contain a very moisturizing base, if you have a dry scalp, live in a cold/dry climate, it may leave your scalp feelign taut and dry. That said, it's a great summer, warm & humid weather dandruff shampoo.

Popular Shampoos