L'Oreal Paris StudioLine Straight-Up Ironing Gel

No Image

2.1

Ugh! This was super sticky; I couldn't get it off my hands, not even after I scrubbed with soap. You can't use it to reduce frizz on dry hair or else it becomes coated and nasty. And straightening? Forget it. I spent hours on my hair with a blowdryer and round brush, and what little it did became undone at the slightest hint of humidity. A terrible waste of money.

on 3/14/2005 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product wasn't quite right for my fine, slightly wavy hair, but it worked very well on my friends curls. She worked it through and let it sit for a minute and then straightened it like normal. Her hair looked gorgeous! Unfortunatly it made my fine hair stick togather and look stringy and feel crunchy.

on 9/8/2004 11:13:00 AM

I'm not sure if this is the same product everyone else is reviewing. It's called "Straight-up" but doesn't say anything about ironing on it. Maybe it's just been repackaged. If so, I'm in the minority here. My hair is so straight and smooth after using this. I use quite a bit (about the size of a silver dollar) and my hair doesn't have any stickiness to it. It does make my hair a bit flat, but what straightening product doesn't? I still prefer mousse for my hair, but this will do in a pinch.

After I applied this to my hair, I wiped my hands on a damp towel and then let my hair air dry for 5 minutes. I was watching tv during those 5 minutes (so I had been sitting still), so when I went to start blow-drying my hair, my fingers were all stuck together. I literally had to use soap and hot water to un-glue them. As for my hair... it didn't do anything. My hair is the same as if I didn't use it. It did make it a bit softer though, so it's not all bad.

on 1/31/2004 12:33:00 AM

It's too thick to really get to all of your hair, and its really sticky.

on 12/5/2003 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yuck. Bad smell, bad product. Bad. Yuck. I bought it, used it three times, and gave it to my babysitter. Again, I say "yuck".

on 11/27/2003 4:10:00 AM

wait.. is this Elmer's Glue i'm putting in my hair???

on 8/9/2003 6:05:00 PM

Simply an ordinary product that does not do much.I used it once,threw it in my dresser and haven't touched it since.Didn't straighten,just weighed it down.Blah

on 2/9/2003 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This did nothing for me as far as straightening goes. I have fine curly hair and have always had problems straightening it. This smells really nice and my hair felt really soft but it looked the same as if I would have blow dryed it without it. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This wasn't that great as far as straightening products go. It was sticky and created nasty white flakes of goop in my hair. It smells okay and straightens fairly well, if you can get rid of the flakes. However, it leaves a gross film on your hair which makes it look flat and drag. It really robs your hair of its shine.

Popular Styling Products