Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua); Polyquaternium-11; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract; Panthenol; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile)/Henna/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Propylene Glycol; Polysorbate 20; Hydroxyethylcellulose; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Fragrance (Parfum); Benzyl Salicylate

on 4/23/2016 9:09:00 AM

My all time favorite to which I keep coming back. I have curls which are quite dry at the ends but also tend to weigh down with too heavy products and this gives just the right amount of hold. Well done Paul Mitchell and don't you dare taking this off market some day!

on 4/7/2016 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

OMG, how have I never reviewed this before? This is one of those products that I always come back to anytime I stray. I don't know why I believe the grass will be greener somewhere else, because it never is. Super Sculpt is my fallback, time and again.

This clumps my curls into nice ringlets and provides long-lasting hold and shine. The shine is really amazing because usually my hair looks dull & flat. This product never builds up or does damage to my hair, and rinses out easily so I don't have to shampoo each time. I can also rock 2nd day hair with this. I just use a combo of water & leave-in to spritz my hair, do a little twirling, and the curls pop right back into place. I haven't been able to achieve 2nd day hair with any other styling gel.

The kicker is that this product is widely available for less than $10. The only "con" (and it's a very small one) is that the cap gets clogged sometimes. Not a big deal.

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/11/2014 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I buy this styling glaze for years and i love it. I use it in combination with the Paul Mitchell the conditioner. it does not flake an defines my curls very well. I does not make my hair hard and leave it flexible.

on 1/16/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am so glad I read the positive reviews here and bought this product. I was desperately trying to find something to tame my frizzy, wavy, thin, fine hair and give it smoothness and shine without weighing it down. Serums are too heavy and even Paul Michell's Potion 9 makes my hair greasy by the second day. But Super Sculpt not only makes my hair shiny and soft, but also, gives it body and doesn't turn it into an oil-slick by day-2. This stuff is a truly a gift for fine hair that can't handle the heavy stuff. Only problem: for me, Super Sculpt was hard to find. Trade Secrets appears to carry every Paul Mitchell product except for this one (DO NOT mistake it for the Scupting Lotion which Trade Secrets does carry). I finally found it at a small hair products store where I got a huge bottle for $11.99. Can't beat that!
If you can't find it anywhere, Amazon carries it.
I use a quarter-sized dollop for my fine, collarbone-length hair.

on 12/28/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product, on & off, for years and just recently re-discovered it. Love it! I have lots of fine, mostly straight hair w/ a slight bend/wave in some parts. My hair is shoulder length, layered and currently is my natural dark blonde color. I use PM SS every day, after I shampoo & condition and before I blow dry. It does not build-up or dry my hair out. Super Sculpt makes my hair more manageable, adds shine, some texture, some body and some holding power. Since my hair is fine it has a tendency to appear messy at times and PM SS gives it a more "defined" and controlled appearance. I use it to create a shiny, sleek look but also to help hold a more wavy, tousled look. Great product!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I managed to snag a 100% free bottle of this over the summer for less than $10. I use this on wet hair, scrunching in quarter sized blobs over Redken Ringlet. The combo really brings out my curls/waves and even through it dries a bit crunchy, I have no frizz and lots of shine. When my hair is dry, I just scrunch out the crunch and my curls look awesome. It washes out easily and doesn't dry my hair out. Love it!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. At first I use a serum or oil then Paul Mitchell sculping foam and then super sculpt.

on 11/4/2012 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Would I repurchase this product again? a huuuge YES! This is the very first Paul Mitchell product I have tried and I can't believe I haven't tried his products before. His products have been around for decades and is popular but I don't know what it is about hyped up, popular product, I just tend to gravitate away from it. I normally wouldn't tried out a product called Super Sculpt, to me it sounds like it would give me helmet head but it's quite the opposite. This keeps my hair soft and shiny and the texture is a watery gel. This has started my obsession with PM products and I've been trying out a ton lately with their convenient travel sizes. This product is awesome, it's the only product I've tried that almost completely eliminates my frizz which has never happened before. I have wavy hair that is more loose waves now that my hair is getting longer. It tends to get dry and very frizzy but also gets weighed down easy with products and can look stringy very easily. I apply this on towel dried hair, scrunching it in, either on top of a styling cream or by itself. Normally I would never use just one product to air dry my hair but this stuff is that good. This gives you light definition (I stress the word light), eliminates frizz, doesn't weigh hair down, doesn't leave my hair feeling dry, hair is touchable and gives awesome shine. What more could you ask for?

on 8/16/2012 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my HG! It's my all time favorite hair gel. It never leaves flakes and keeps the frizzies away.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Beyond having a quicker drying time than most products I use (I have a lot of curly hair, which can easily take all day to fully dry), this glaze didn't do much for my hair that I couldn't achieve from other products.

I did note, however, that it didn't produce any flakes, even though I used a lot of it at one time.

It has a fairly watery consistency, which is good for those who don't like their hair to feel weighed down. It provided some definition, but I wonder if it's meant for straight/wavy hair as opposed to curly/very curly.