4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This was picked out for me by the super snarky MA at MAC-couldn't stand her but love the lipstick LOL. The color is pretty bright but not OTT or clownish. Its a pink/slightly plummy shade that actually reminds me very much of NARS Dolce Vita lipgloss. But the texture of this blows NARS out of the water..so sorry NARS! I still love you! I am a vey warm toned latina-NC 44/45 with jet black hair and this gives me a pretty pop of color on my lips thats a little more enutral than my usual red glosses and appropriate for work and everyday. You DO have to apply this with a light hand-The MA just dabbed it on my lips and I smoothed them together so it was more of a stain. I did add gloss to it and under it I wear the MAC lip conditioner. Its a really great texrture and unlike many lipsticks doesnt dry my lips out which is often a problem for me. It lasts ALL DAY! Even after eating dinner last night I kissed my husband and left marks on his cheek and I'd applied earlier that afternoon. The price is good I think because I am using so little and reapplying like never, so it should last awhile.

About reviewer (166 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

11 years ago

I received Craving in a swap a few months ago, and I've been in love ever since. I'm a warm, slightly olive skinned girl, and Craving is perfect for me. Unlike a lot of plummy, berry shades, this color isn't too cool for my skin tone. As others have said, Craving has a way of brightening up your smile. It's definitely a shade that will get your lips noticed, but not in a shocking, garish way. I have a feeling I'll be wearing this color all year long, as it's versatile enough to complement any season's look.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love this! I'd definitely agree on the plum-raspberry evaluation, but on me it's closer to raspberry. I never would have bought this based on the website but I was swatching at the counter and thought it looked pretty. I was surprised at how boldly it went on when I actually tried it on, but this just made it better. I'm definitely glad I bought this one!

About reviewer (165 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesOther

11 years ago

Based on other reviews, I thought it was going to be more like raspberry than plum. I say it is still leaning toward plum than raspberry. The color is darker and more plumish than I thought. It's not as bright as I want it to be. Nevertheless, it's still a very pretty and wearable color. It's not cheesy or over the top. It's subtle. The texture alone is worth 5 lippies. I don't know if other Mac Amplified lipsticks are like that. Craving's formula is so creamy and non drying. It lasts for a long time and it's very easy to apply, the formula is what a dream lipstick should be. If there's anything as good as this one but brighter and more like raspberry, let me know. xoxo

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

11 years ago

What a cheery colour this is! That's the main thing I love about this lipstick, I must say. It's a fantastic no-brainer to brighten my face and my mood on the way into work on dreary days. On me, it turns out a bright but deep (if that makes sense) raspberry pink, and goes fantastically with most neutral to cool-toned blushes. I like wearing it applied full-force for more of a statement lip, or as others have suggested, just pressed on as a stain. It's girlish but still strong, and pairing this with a simple lined eye creates a nice, pulled-together look without looking too 'done'. EDITED TO ADD: Still love this lipstick, but for a more affordable option, I found Revlon's SL Berry Rich lipstick to offer much the same look, but it's more berry (as the name implies) and more subtle.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

I purchased this on a whim. At first, I feared that the color was a bit too dark, but the more I wear it, the more I like it. It totally brightens up my pale skin, and it's one of my longer-lasting lippies. The texture is incredibly smooth and GORGEOUS. I'm not usually a fan of deep plum colors, but this one is SPECIAL, I tell ya. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

11 years ago

This has become my absolute favorite lipstick color from MAC. I almost didn't buy it, cause it looked so pink and the swatch online is not that attractive. But the reviews got to me, and I'm so glad. I'm NC44, Latina, olive-tone. This lipstick brightens my face. It's like this rose-plum color (not muddy, which is great). Not too cool or warm. Just a beautiful, rich color that is not garish and very, very cheery. I just love it. The pigmentation is rich enough that the color really shines. My HG plummy-pink shade. It has supplanted Enchantaberry from Kevyn Aucoin as my fave "in the rose-plum-berry" family of colors. I will buy this one over and over again. Mirtika

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

11 years ago

I'm with everyone who says it's 'not really a plum'--on me (NC35, olive-skinned, dark hair/eyes) it shows up as a pretty, bright (but not too bright) pink with a bit of a purple-ish undertone. I love the formula, and it's great when worn with lots of eyeliner and mascara. Would definitely buy again.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

11 years ago

This and Brick-o-la by MAC are my two go-to everyday shades. This goes great with my NC30 skin and black hair. I like it because it is soft enough to wear with a heavy shadow and not look overdone, but bold enough to wear with some liner and mascara and look finished. One of my number 1's for sure. If you are olive toned with darker features I feel Craving would be awesome on you. As far as redheads go, NO. This would really clash with your coloring. Would also be nice on a blonde that wanted more of a "statement lip." Is kind of a pinkish purple shade---I wouldn't really call it plum. More Sunberry. Anyways, it is one of my HG's and for me it is LOVE!

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I just turned in my 6 B2M empties and picked up this lipstick. I tried it on my hand, then on my lips, and really liked how it brightened up my face. When I got home and logged on MAC's website to see the color description, I was really surprised. It describes this color as "saturated plum." I don't think this color looks like plum AT ALL. On me, it's a medium-toned raspberry pink. Regardless, I love the color and the texture. Amplified creams have an amazing smooth creamy texture with just a tad of shine. Really beautiful!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral