MAC Dark Side

MAC Dark Side

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

My favorite shade of MAC lipsticks!
I've never been into nude, corals, purples, etc but dark red/burgundy is my go-to color. I also own Sin (Matte), which is very close to Dark Side (Amplified). I prefer the finish that Dark Side offers compared to Sin, because it gives off healthy shine without being too shiny. The application is smooth and it doesn't smear easily. It does transfer before it dries (which usually the case in my life), but once it sets, you need a couple good drinks and food to wash it off completely.
I would definitely do anything to get my hands on 2nd tube of Dark Side once mine is run out.

on 4/9/2016 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my #1 favourite lipstick! The texture is creamy and moisturizing and it stays for hours, although I do have to reapply after eating. I adore the colour and I think it goes really well with my fair, yellow-toned skin. Also, it smells AMAZING. I LOVE IT SO MUCH

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/1/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love the colour of this - a perfect dark burgundy that really suits my pale, slightly yellow-toned skin and dark brown hair/eyes. Unfortunately the finish isn't great - it doesn't last as long as other Mac Amplified lipsticks and dries out my lips, making the colour look flaky and uneven, even though my lips aren't particularly dry. I find the similar colours Diva and Media look and last much better. I'll probably still finish Dark Side, as I love the colour, and it works well used as a light stain applied with fingers, giving a lovely, autumnal cherry-bitten look.

on 7/5/2015 3:48:00 AM

I LOVE THIS SHADE AND FINISH! I'm an Asian with fair skin with yellow undertones and this lipstick colour is so flattering on me! It is also hydrating and does not feather out even without the use of a lipliner. It is not smudgeproof though, so it is abit of a hassle when I am eating or drinking. But other than that, perfect colour and it stays on for a long time if your lips dont come into contact with anything.

on 11/12/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Normally I go for pink but decided to give this a shot and I absolutely love it. I like mixing it with other colours. But it's way better alone.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Very dark, very nice vampy Burgundy! I used it today with my semi goth make up. My daughter dressed as a vampire, so I dressed as a modern vampire mom. This color got a lot of attention. It's definitely a fall/winter color. Very pretty.

on 8/15/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Finally! This is what I wanted from MAC Rebel and Revlon Black Cherry, with the crucial difference being Dark Side's Amplified Creme formula that makes it much more comfortable to wear. Rebel dried my lips terribly (no idea why; other MAC Satin lipsticks work fine) and I had to get rid of it, much as I loved the color. Revlon Black Cherry was somehow both extremely drying *and* too slippy on my lips, a total failure. Although I find Dark Side very slightly drying, it's not nearly as bad as the other two, and priming with a thin layer of non-slippy balm makes the drying effect negligible. Dark Side is one step darker than Rebel -- burgundy/plum rather than fuchsia/violet -- but worn sheerly or as a stain, the difference is barely perceptible. Dark Side is very pigmented (but can be sheered out easily) and lasts well; slightly more inclined to bleed than a drier formula, but blotting and/or a lip liner takes care of that; leaves a nice berry stain as it wears off. I'll certainly repurchase as needed. Huzzah!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Omg! I'm in love with this colour. I saw this on one of the MUA at the counter and it looked stunning on her. I tried it in the store and it came out as a lovely, pigmented burgundy/maroon colour. It's so creamy and doesn't bleed. Looks great on my nc40-42 skin tone! A perfect colour that you can pair with a subtle smokey eyes or on a night out.

I recommend everyone to try it! I'd def. repurchase.

on 2/19/2014 11:23:00 PM

My go to winter lipstick. Great dark burgundy color. Stays on well too! Needs a matching lip liner now!

Dark Side is a moody, deep plum shade that reminds me of film noir. It's dramatic without being too loud and due to its cremesheen texture, moisture isn't sacrificed. Since I like wearing it during cooler months (it's an ideal fall/winter shade), I dab it lightly with my fingers over a balm for a deep berry-stained look that is more appropriate for daytime wear, or apply a lighter gloss over top to dilute the pigment and make it more demure.