4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

One of my favorite nude lipsticks. My skin tone ranges between NC35/37 (winter) thru NC42 (summer) and this shade never washes me out whether I'm pale or tan. On my pigmented lips, it comes off as a mauve/pink-brown with a slight hint of peach although it leans more mauve/brown than peach. It's neither too light nor too dark on me. Just the perfect lightness and has just the right amount of pink-brown to not look unnatural. Formula is amplified creme so great color payoff without overly drying. Can be worn sheer with a lip brush or as opaque as you want. Perfect for both day and night although I mostly wear it during the day with very minimal makeup for work. Looks great paired with NARS Luster blush for a very natural look. Lasting power is between 4-5 hours without eating nor drinking but does transfer when I'm drinking something. Overall, a great "nude" for medium to tan skin with olive or warm undertones.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

This nude color looks great with my medium-light slightly olive skin tone. My only complaint is that is not as long lasting on my lips as I could wish. But I will repurchase.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

By far my fav lipstick! Works when I’m super tan and super fair! It’s a beautiful brown nude on my yellow based complexion! It’s creamy, not moisturizing but doesn’t make my lips dry, and last pretty well on the lips. Absolutely beautiful ????

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesGray

3 years ago

Gorgeous lip color. This is exactly as it is named, a mix of half coffee and half milk. I would say it leans towards the coffee end as it has enough color to not be pale, but not enough to be even close to dark, someplace in between. My skin tone does not allow those light lipsticks from the 1960's. I use MUA as my main source of finding the perfect this or that. Here is one of the winners I found on MUA. I have tons of lipsticks, nothing dark as these do not look good on an aging face, but Half-N-Half is very different from any other color I own. A great find!!!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

On my NC30 skin this is a very natural looking color, slightly lighter than my natural lips but results in a nude-pink lip look. I used this for about 10 days and it looks half done. It's also really hard for me to get this to look clean around the edges so I purchased a lipliner to achieve a cleaner look (MAC pro longwear in Cultured goes well with this). It lasts about 4 hours on me which I think is a decent amount of time. I have heard so many positive things about the amplified formula but I dislike it myself. Upon application, it looks heavy and overly creamy. I often blot it down with a tissue. A natural pink lip shouldn't take as much effort as this product has caused. With daily use this will be finished in a month. Absolutely not worth it at all!

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

This is my first mac lipstick, and while waiting for it to arrive (ordered it)., I needed a similar shade and got a tube of NYC at Walmart for like $1.85... Creamy caramel. Well, this came in yesterday and I LOVE IT! But I just noticed that the two are VERY SIMILAR. SO I searched them. Exactly the same color, almost the exact same scent, (both are vanilla-ish) and the finish and consistency are practically exact. It's definitely a dupe. The only difference is the price, by far, the packaging is far superior with the mac, and the NYC is slightly thinner. Only slightly. Both have awesome staying power and are creamy and glide on, feel comfortable and look amazing. They're absolutely the same shade. If I knew how, I'd load the picture of the swatches. Pretty much identical. Still, I prefer the mac for the thickness, the tube, and the scent is a tiny bit different. Just letting y'all know there is a very inexpensive but great quality dupe for half n half. I'd purchase it again, and reccomend this perfect shade, it's beautiful and feels awesome. However, being that it's my first mac lipstick, I will probably try some other colors and finishes next time. But I'm definitely LOVING mac!

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

LOVE MAC lipstick, super affordable compared to other lipsticks of the same caliber. I bought this color on a whim the other day and its my new favorite color. Only drawback would be that it's slightly drying, but I haven't found a lipstick yet that isn't.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Ummm Half n Half, where have you been during my entire makeup wearing life?! (20yrs already wtf?! Lol). I can't believe this was never recommended to me by anyone at MAC. It's a great color for me. This is a great neutral nudey color that Mac describes as a creamy pink, but I don't really see too much pink...I'm around NC/C30 yellowish golden olive, with dark brown/black hair and dark brown eyes. This is in your typical black case, snaps shut and smells like vanilla. The color is great for any situation- from a work environment to a night out on the town paired with a smoky eye. It has a great smooth texture that doesn't dry out my lips or settle in lip lines. It doesn't make my lips peel or irritate. It faded evenly and I did have to reapply a little after eating or drinking something. It's a cream amplified finish so there's shine and it's not super matte. Super thumbs up and will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (241 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBlack

4 years ago

Really great everyday color! Best for when you don't want to think about what lipstick to wear or you don't want anything high maintenance. MLBB even for fair skin! Very comfortable on the lips.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is my first mac lipstick. My makeup artist for prom used it for me on the day and when I asked for a swatch just to reapply after a couple hours she gave if to me to keep!!! That was sooo nice of her and I slaaaayyyeddd on the day no exaggeration lol but anyway I would describe half n half as a pinkish nude. It's a nice neutral colour for girls of colour. Before I used to stray away from lipstick cause my lips are quite pouty and I don't want them to look to big but I think there are lipsticks that compliment every lip shape and shade so don't rule anything out! I usually apply this with a pink lipgloss I think by Rimmel I can't remember the name though and I loove it, it's now my day to day lip colour!! I definitely want to get more mac lipsticks but the price is a turn-off, £15.50 for a lipstick for me is ridiculous u could buy like 5 decent lipsticks with that money if u went to boots or Supedrug or your local hair shop. It pains my heart but despite this I will definitely repurchase. My lips looks so pretty in this, like kylie jenners only mine where hand crafted by Jesus himself lol I definitley recommend for everyone it will suits all shades all the way up from porcelain girls to deep deep Choco x

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18