The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain
Lip & Cheek Stain

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methylparaben, Aminomethyl Propanol, Red 33

on 3/9/2018 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the colour Dark Cherry. I've tried other pinks and reds in this line, but Dark Cherry is the only colour that looks really natural against my fair-medium skin. (All of the reds look the same as each other on the cheeks, and same for the pinks, but the real difference between shades can be seen on the lips.)

I love it. I use it as a base under sheerer lipsticks. When I was on holiday and in a pinch, I would literally just dab some on my lips, swipe with my finger, use the excess left on finger on my cheeks, apply some more on cheeks if needed, and go.

That brings me on to application method - a lot of people say this looks blotchy or patchy, but swiping this product on your lips as if it were a liquid lipstick will definitely mean uneven application. This product is watery - you have to work with it. Rather than swiping, just dab a few dots on your bottom lip, rub that in, and then use whatever is left on your fingers for your top lip and/or cheeks (some people may not like the idea of getting their fingers messy - a cotton bud could be used instead, or whichever tool you find easier. I don't think I'd use a lip brush, though.) I emphasise applying in steps because this product seems to dry quickly, especially on the cheeks.

Definitely recommend - you may need to try a few shades before you find the perfect one, so go to the store to check these out. I'm MAC NC25-30 for reference.

on 2/15/2018 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Wow I didn't expect to like this very much at all. I'm one of those people who hates the feeling of lipsticks and glosses but still wants a flush of color in my lips. I kid you not, my go to method for that was to apply lipstick and then wipe it off on the back of my hands. This left some color on my lips but not too much, and I didn't feel like I was wearing any lipstick. Win-win. Well thank god I don't have to do that anymore because of these lip stains. I have them in Dark Cherry and Deep Berry, and I love them. You can play with how intense you want it to look by the amount you apply. I apply a tiny bit and it gives me a perfect hint of color.

on 1/31/2016 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Good for cherks, not for lip

on 1/7/2016 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this as a lip stain and it doesn't apply evenly for me no matter what I do. Looks blotchy. Would not repurchase.

on 1/4/2016 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

When I first used this product, I loved it. The product went nicely over my lips and was a cute blush also. I loved the colour - it was quite a deep pink but super natural and wearable. I loved the applicator also.

However, the second time I used this product, the stain went on terrible over my lips, despite buffing the skin. It only stuck to the inside of my lips and nowhere else. The wear also isn't great - I don't expect an extraordinary amount of wear from a stain, but I'd still like something that lasts longer than half an hour.

Still really cute on the cheeks and I love that The Body Shop is against animal testing, but not one of their best products. Will finish using however.... hopefully it'll go nicely on my lips again one day and that bad day was just a one off!

on 12/4/2015 9:53:00 PM

I rate this as 4.5 but just bumped it up to 5. I've used up 2 bottles of this product and I really do love it. I love how if you use the product on your cheeks, it stains beautifully. For the lips, I find it a bit drying but it doesn't claim to be a moisturizer so I can't really argue with that. Probably the only con I can think of is its packaging as it has a doe foot applicator which could be a bit unhygienic. I personally don't mind it but it could be a problem for some.

on 11/14/2015 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

True to its name, this stuff really does stain your skin. It's gorgeous but a bit tricky to remove. I've not tried it on my lips so not sure how it goes there but as a cheek stain, very impressed.

on 10/13/2015 2:03:00 PM

I only use this for my cheeks. I love how natural it looks compared to the powder type. But I noticed I got some minor pimples after days of using it. I stopped for a while and went back to my Mary Kay blusher. I'll try to use it again in a few days or so.

I got this during that period when I wanted to "simplify" my makeup routine, & what better way to do that than by getting a 2-in-1 product, right? TBS here advertises it as one of their bestsellers, so I gave it a try. Unfortunately, I just didn't get what the fuss is about. As a lip stain, it applied streakily & unevenly, & didn't last long. Also had a weird taste to it. As a cheek tint, I didn't like the color on me (I'm a pale to light SE Asian with Chinese heritage), it registers as "She's wearing blush!!!" no matter how much I blended it in. The multitasking product actually complicated my makeup routine instead of simplifying it. I ended up giving it to one of my friends, who has a more olive skin tone & she ended up liking it.

Pros- good blusher, nice pinky red flush to cheeks and it's reasonably long lasting. Cons- terrible lip stain! Doesn't last for more than half an hour, seriously! Also the bottle leaks so infant keep it in my makeup bag- it has to be kept upright all the time :(