The Body Shop Leap Perfume

4.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot believe The Body Shop discontinued this oil either. Years ago I went into our local shop to get a new bottle and an infused body lotion. I bought both constantly. I was told it was discontinued and that it was never coming back.. it never has. After years of begging and pleading with them at the corporate level to give me the “notes” and being refused, I called our friends in Canada, and they emailed me the information I wanted from their corporate office. Mimosa is definitely on the list. If I can find the list (it’s been years and years) I will post it here. Thanks for fragrance ideas..I’m looking into them. I’ve never found anything even close to Leap. I’m willing to try any suggestions ♥️

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay girls, I have discovered not one but two good dupes for Leap!

1) L'Artisan Perfumer Mimosa Por Moi
2) Heeley L'Amandiere

Both are based on mimosa which is what gives that beautiful creamy, floral cucumber note. These are top of the line and the prices reflect that, but are totally worth it. I prefer L'Amandiere just a bit between the two because it is an extrait (less alcohol) and has a fresh softness right out of the bottle. Lucky Scent sells samples and full bottles of both. Check them out!

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Back during the nineties this was my all time favorite during the warm months. So so sad this was discontinued because I miss the clean, mild soapy like fragrance. BTW- somehow I last remembered TBS use to mix your custom perfumes when they use to have open display arrangement of perfume oils and little cards to swatch them on. There was even suggestions of what goes well together and how to create a personal scent. Does anyone know if this was a mix of some of there signature oils or if this was a signature on it's own?

This is an update on the dupe of this review, however it would be another discontinue. Bath & Body use to carry a scent line called "Rain Kissed Leaves" but boo hoo... that's right they discontinued that. But I do recall The Gap and well as Victoria Secret having very similar fragrances during the 90's and though I don't remember the names I know what attracted me to the fragrances was the similar clean cotton, summery, watery type of smells.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume! It's a shame it's discontinued. It's one of my favorites. Although I discovered Michael Kors Gold is almost a dead ringer for it. Check it out!

The last time I smelled Leap was back in college, many years ago -- but I remember that I loved my little bottle of the oil. Recently, I was sampling perfumes, and found that L'Artisan's Mimosa Pour Moi distinctly reminded me of something very, very familiar. It took a long while to figure it out, but I'm pretty sure that it's reminding me of TBS's Leap. It's a dead-ringer for my memory of Leap - but I have to admit, it must be almost 20 years since I last sniffed it. Mimosa Pour Moi is really lovely, and definitely worth a sample for bereft Leap lovers who can't find it anymore -- even if it turns out not to smell the same for you, it's beautiful in its own right: creamy, light, mildly green but sweet and summery. (Sorry, this turned out to be a mini-review of Mimosa Pour Moi, didn't it?)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love Leap! The best chance we have of seeing this product make a comeback is if The Body Shop hears from consumers who miss it, so go out to their website, click on "contact us" and send them a message asking that they bring it back, and get as many as your friends as possible to do the same!

Who ever the seller is on Ebay should be horsewhipped for price gouging their bottles of Leap...I love the fragrance as do all you but I could not have it on my conscience to pay nearly 100.000usd for it. Let's hope Body Shoppe will bring it back!!!

The body soap from Yes To Cucumbers smells very similar to my beloved, but sadly discontinued, Leap. I hope someday the Body Shop starts making this stuff again, it smells exactly like summertime to me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this fragrance! I have been longing to smell this again for many, many years. When I think of this smell it brings back carefree teenage memories. *sigh*. Me and my girlfriends used to spray this on ourselves and everything else. I would love this to make a comeback.
I believe I have found a similiar scent. I was in VS awhile back and I sprayed some of their pink perfume and immediately thought of leap.
I havent smelled leap for a very long time but if my memory serves me right they are quite similiar. Cant hurt to try it ladies. Hope this helps!

I too used to love wearing this fragrance and wish The Body Shop would bring it back. There is something I've found that's similar in scent, but it's a cleansing oil, not a perfume. For anyone interested it's the Shu Uemura Skin Purifier (the green one). Weird,but true--to my nose it smells just like Leap.

Popular Fragrances