MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29

3.8

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this bronzer. It is true that the sparkles are so refined that they do not show up of your face (thank the lord). However, my biggest struggle has been its blendability? It tends to look like..patchy and weird on my cheeks, as if I can never get it so blend out nicely. However, I love the color. It is not orange-y or too warm and there are no visible sparkles and it wears all day (although I do use a setting spray). But I get agitated by its lack of blending and harsh, weird-looking lines it leaves on my cheeks. I debated returning it for a long time but decided to keep it because I do love the color and keep hoping that I will eventually master how it is best applied.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this bronzer for over a decade! It really is the perfect bronzer when used correctly. When I was younger I used this all over my face which I do not recommend. BUT when applied as a light dust it is gorgeous. It is a warm shade with a subtle gold sparkle. I tried the the NARS Laguna and hated it. It made me look dirty. This is the HG bronzer ladies!

Pretty on my fair skin tone, not orangey at all, slight shimmer but not in a drag queen type of way. Love this bronzer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is really like the name implies, the golden brown shade. It makes me look washed out. Obviously I would need those orangey tones, I always look really flat and blah whan I wear this plus that the texture is sort of really dry so it never applies smoothly. I always have it on blotchy! Nah I dont like this bronzer at all. I have one other bronzer that is much better quality and goes on more smoothly than this (dermosil). I also like Guerlain bronzer MUCH better because it applies so smoothly. Really cool case though!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first bronzer and I use it everyday as a blush...I bought it a few years ago now and its still going! so it is well worth the money! I love MAC packaging nice and compact with mirror. It looks natural worn as a blush and the gold glitter is not obvious glitter at all...just nice and suttle. I am looking at purchasing the Cubic blush for a more pinky touch but will continue to use this with it.

I have been using MACs bronzer during this summer and lately been noticing my skin breaking out where I've applied the bronzer! I used to think that it woul be the studio fix but I'm now thinking it is really the bronzer! so sadly I have to stop using it. All in all the colour was perfect and I probably will use it again occasionally but definitely have to leave it for now... As for the studio fix, I am not sure if it causing me break-outs just have to wait and see...Thinking of buying the here reviewed Shiseido compact and see if my skin improves. Now that I haven't been wearing any make up today, my skin is fine.

I am an NC20 cool-toned person and this looked like I smeared brownish tan eyeshadow on my cheeks. THat's the biggest thing I can say about this bronzer--the consistency of the pressed powder seems extremely similar to eye shadow and also, it makes me break out, due to the comedogenic (pore-clogging) nature of it. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am fair, green eyed and this is my HG bronzer. I have been using it for 2 years and would be lost without it!! Ver natural looking, all my friends love it too!!! Doesn't break me out, and is just awesome!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

When I first got this, I was worried it would look too sparkly on. However, it isn't and gives the face a nice glow. The color is perfect and isn't orange in anyway. I have to be careful to apply it with a light hand or it gets really dark on me. It's very affordable at $18 and a little goes a long way.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a beautiful golden (hence the name) bronzer. It works wonderfully on my light skin and doesn't turn orange. I got it on Ebay for a steal, so I am extra happy with it.